Whatever Happened to the Knights?

More
4 years 7 months ago #342433 by Brick
As The Stranglers once asked: 'Whatever Happened to the [strike]Heroes[/strike] Knights?'

Seriously though, with the exception of Carlos hardly any of you seem to be present in the forums I have access to? I don't even know who's still here?

Is it possible to get a list of Knights who are still active?

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342437 by Jhannuzs Ian
Hallo Brian, peaceful timezone

Perhaps,
it is only a season where each person builds a little bit more their own Jedi path in real life,
instead of being Jedi Keyboards.
And maybe in the future will be too many Knights and less apprentices,
everything changes in statistics but I'm curious to know the same thing as you

May the Wisdom be with us

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342438 by Brick
Agreed.

Though I thought the question relevant as there have been comments in some of the threads about the discussions being less spiritual and 'jedi' related than they used to be. I was discussing it with another apprentice, and I think thay one of the many contributing factors is that knights are less present.

If memory serves, they were far more involved in the threads than they appear to now, and they often started their own threads much more often than they seem to these days. I think this helped to guide discussion and keep more of a focus on the spiritual/faith side of things

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Jhannuzs Ian, ZealotX

More
4 years 7 months ago #342440 by ZealotX

Brick wrote: Agreed.

Though I thought the question relevant as there have been comments in some of the threads about the discussions being less spiritual and 'jedi' related than they used to be. I was discussing it with another apprentice, and I think thay one of the many contributing factors is that knights are less present.

If memory serves, they were far more involved in the threads than they appear to now, and they often started their own threads much more often than they seem to these days. I think this helped to guide discussion and keep more of a focus on the spiritual/faith side of things

nature abhors a vacuum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342445 by
Replied by on topic Whatever Happened to the Knights?

Jhannuzs Ian wrote: Hallo Brian, peaceful timezone

Perhaps,
it is only a season where each person builds a little bit more their own Jedi path in real life,
instead of being Jedi Keyboards.
And maybe in the future will be too many Knights and less apprentices,
everything changes in statistics but I'm curious to know the same thing as you

May the Wisdom be with us

A common enough experience. There reaches a point in the training when a Jedi should be out there, engaged in the path and doing good work. For the last few years I've been studying counselling and this year I started work as a school counsellor. I haven't been very active in the community as a result. It happens in a lot of groups and unfortunately it does mean that there's going to be less interaction from members who are actually out there living the Jedi Path.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342448 by J. K. Barger
Verily- the presence of the Knights would be nice for the atmosphere, but that is no guarantee.

I, like many others, am offline more often than I'd like, but that doesn't mean I don't care. It just means offline-time is more valuable. I can effect change there; instead of spending hours catching up on threads (that have either gone off track, or are beating the same old horse) only to be unheard or simply missed, I train my apprentice, work on my writings, and love on my little family.

While I can't speak for everyone, this is also the tail end of summer, where folks are coming back from vacation/holiday and getting back into the swing of school or work.

Alas, do not fret!! We are here behind the scenes doing our works and trying to stay afloat!

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick, Rex, Jhannuzs Ian

More
4 years 7 months ago #342453 by Brick
Thanks Barger. I too understand the importance of Offline Jedi-ing, given my 18 month hiatus. It also wan't a criticism of the knights, I've argued in support of them plenty in the past, just a query :)

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342456 by rugadd
Honestly why I didn't continue pursuing my knighthood here. I couldn't make an honest commitment of time.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick

More
4 years 7 months ago #342467 by Kobos
I am just bumping this because I believe this is a discussion worth having, and do not want to see it fall to the wayside.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

More
4 years 7 months ago #342480 by steamboat28
I'm not here because the rest of the membership has decided to allow this place to descend into chaos, and it no longer enriches my life. If that changes, I'll become active again, but until people are willing to let me help, all I'm doing is spinning my wheels here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi