A-Div and B-Div

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334290 by
A-Div and B-Div was created by
So my understanding is that one can achieve the A-Div here through the apprentice process as a separate thing than achieving Knight. Meaning a student can earn the A-Div but not Knighthood. My question is can the student go on and earn the B-Div as well without the rank? My understanding is that the B-Div is a self guided and paced process but can it be earned without being a Knight and if so how is that done?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #334291 by
Replied by on topic A-Div and B-Div
The requirements for the Degree Scheme have changed over the years. (Like for instance, you used to could get a Doctorate of Divinity, tho they don’t give it out anymore).

So, hopefully, we can get an official answer.

Also: this thread may help answer some qs. https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Degree-Qualification-Scheme/31483-details-of-the-degree-qualification-scheme
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334292 by

Zephyrus wrote:
Also: this thread may help answer some qs. https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Degree-Qualification-Scheme/31483-details-of-the-degree-qualification-scheme

Is that thread in a restricted forum? I cant see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334293 by
Hey Zephyrus that link is broken for me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334294 by
I think it could be a simply matter of copying and pasting the post in that thread... but I won't do it myself, because im not sure if its okay to do that just yet.

Can someone who does know if thats alright do that please, if they can?

But, honestly, reading it... it does seem it could be possible for a non-knight to get the B-Div. Though, if memory serves, one needs a Senior Knight to oversee the process. So, I guess, if one could find a senior knight willing to do that, it could be possible.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334295 by
Ahhh crumbs! It might very well be restricted. Um, here’s basically the answer to your question according to that thread:

A Div. 200 pts (IP and Apprenticeship)
B Div. 400 pts (but is only open to Knights and above...) — I’m honestly not sure why that is, sorry.
M Div. 400 pts. + completion of the seminary.

It seems like access to lessons for B Div. is only open to those with Knighthood permissions. All lessons must be approved by the Degree Scheme Admins.

Proposed solutions: either allow the Degree Scheme to be opened on a case by case basis for individuals following an interview or just open the Degree Scheme to anybody.

Of course, the Council may elect to have the degrees remain locked behind rank. That’s their prerogative, of course.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334297 by
Thanks for the info!

I would love to hear from someone in authority on this matter. Can a holder of the A-Div proceed to the B-Div and if so what is the process?

If it is restricted to just Knights, then the answer to why people pursue Knighthood becomes obvious. If you cant move on in training without the rank then the rank becomes a requirement.

More
5 years 1 month ago #334311 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic A-Div and B-Div
Speak with RyuJin. The Degree Scheme Admin. Maybe he'll pop in to answer

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #334312 by

Rosalyn J wrote: Speak with RyuJin. The Degree Scheme Admin. Maybe he'll pop in to answer

I sent him a PM with a link to this thread!

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
5 years 1 month ago #334321 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic A-Div and B-Div
Currently the bdiv is still entwined with knighthood. It's something that myself and few others would like to undo seeing as some would like to pursue the degree without knighthood, and others would like to pursue knighthood without the degree...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi