Followers

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #311567 by
Followers was created by
Hi

I noticed i have "followers" but i have my profile private , what does it mean when someone follows me and can i switch that function of , i cannot seem to find where i can do that , the only option is to block people that are following me but that is kind of harsh.

Thank you in advance ,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #311571 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Followers
Following is only a feature of the community module, anything you post in there that is "public" will generate a notification to those who follow you that you posted something so that they can come and see it, much in a similar way facebook works when you "follow" someone.

That being said if you have privated all your settings then no one will get any notifications because all your posts would be to your friends only etc.

As it stands right now there isn't a way to turn that off individually that I can find at the moment, but if you have everything set to friends only privacy etc then it won't matter no one will be able to see anything unless they are your friends etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #311572 by
Replied by on topic Followers
Thank you very much Tellahane for your quick response , does that mean i cannot post anything publicly anymore without my followers being notified ? Because that would be strange , seeing as i am posting something publicly they would not have to be notified right? And if you block someone , can they still see the public posts? Or is it the same as facebook now?

More
6 years 2 months ago #311573 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Followers
I may be one of those followers lol. Clicked it thinking it was the new version of the 'add friend' function :laugh:

I've unfollowed now anyways

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #311576 by
No problem Brick , i was just wondering if you could switch that off , like on facebook , no one can follow me , i always think that that is more for celebs anyway loll

More
6 years 2 months ago #311584 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Followers

Amyntas wrote: Thank you very much Tellahane for your quick response , does that mean i cannot post anything publicly anymore without my followers being notified ? Because that would be strange , seeing as i am posting something publicly they would not have to be notified right? And if you block someone , can they still see the public posts? Or is it the same as facebook now?

posting publically notifies followers yes, thats how its designed to be, thats the point of following someone is to be notified whenever they post publically, thats someone saying hey, I really like marta and all the things she sais I want to know when she sais more. as far as blocking, to be honest I've not tested it but I believe if you block someone you can't see their stuff and they can't see yours based on the settings in the backend.

The feature itself I think can be turned off but then it would be turned off for everyone, I would need a consensus that no one wants the follow feature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #311599 by
Thank you very much for your clarification :)

More
6 years 2 months ago #311641 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Followers
Meesa still gonna be stalking yousa on Facebook :kiss:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi