Discussion: TotJO Culture Problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #309806 by Manu

Zenchi wrote: The longer I stay, the more I come to the stark conclusion staring me in the face that I simply do not belong....

You do us all quite a good service by sticking around. You might come across sometimes as having a short fuse, but as I've learned with my wife (:whistle: ), a short fuse and transparency go hand in hand.

And your transparency is not only tolerated, but openly welcome and priceless to this place.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #309809 by OB1Shinobi
We should make it a crime to say anything that anyone could possibly interpret as insulting, critical, or negative. Because sprinkles and glitter are more important than forthrightness or authenticity

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #309810 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: We should make it a crime to say anything that anyone could possibly interpret as insulting, critical, or negative. Because sprinkles and glitter are more important than forthrightness or authenticity

Isn't that in itself negative and critical? ;)

More
6 years 3 months ago #309811 by JamesSand
Ob1 got his Captain Sarcasm cape back from the dry cleaners this week.

Anyway, I can deadpan his attempt at humour :P

Sprinkles are a contributor to diabetes and heart disease, and glitter, as a non-biodegradable microplastic is almost impossible to eliminate from the environment once it is introduced, and due to its nature it enters the food chain and causes harm to all sort of critters.

One day, you'll eat so much salmon that ate glitter, your poop will sparkle.

so, Ixnay the littergay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, OB1Shinobi,

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #309812 by OB1Shinobi

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: We should make it a crime to say anything that anyone could possibly interpret as insulting, critical, or negative. Because sprinkles and glitter are more important than forthrightness or authenticity

Isn't that in itself negative and critical? ;)

Im offended: BANISH HIM!!

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #309813 by OB1Shinobi

JamesSand wrote: Ob1 got his Captain Sarcasm cape back from the dry cleaners this week.

Anyway, I can deadpan his attempt at humour :P

Sprinkles are a contributor to diabetes and heart disease, and glitter, as a non-biodegradable microplastic is almost impossible to eliminate from the environment once it is introduced, and due to its nature it enters the food chain and causes harm to all sort of critters.

One day, you'll eat so much salmon that ate glitter, your poop will sparkle.

so, Ixnay the littergay.

No no you misunderstand me, im being totally cerial. Its not like anyone here is over protective or over sensetive or prone to negative interpretations of other peoples words or motives. I mean really, totjo is probably the calmest, most composed and patiently articulate group of people on the internet (actually we ARE better than most of the internet). No one here ever loses their temper in a way that could get them in trouble and NO ONE here could ever benefit from being told they are wrong.

We're all thick-skinned and self-validated enough that its incredibly difficult to agitate or offend any of us. And forgiving enough that even if you DID offend one of us, we'd just move on with our lives and probably forget about it by the very next day. With all this in mind, i think its important that we cultivate an environment that thoroughly insulates us from ever having to improve ourselves in any of these areas. To that effect, i submit that we institute a "zero-tolerance" policy on "being mean" or on hurting each others feelings, with the understanding that its not the best intentions of the speaker that determine whats offensive, but the worst possible imaginings of the readers. Because if theres one thing that warriors like Qui-Gon Jinn or Mace Windu just absolutely can not handle (and should not have to), its someone on the internet saying things they dont like.

People are complicated.

More
6 years 3 months ago #309817 by Manu

OB1Shinobi wrote:
No no you misunderstand me, im being totally cerial. Its not like anyone here is over protective or over sensetive or prone to negative interpretations of other peoples words or motives. I mean really, totjo is probably the calmest, most placid and articulate group of people on the internet. No one here ever loses their temper in a way that could get them in trouble and NO ONE here could ever benefit from being told they are wrong.

So, are we overly sensitive or too thicked skin?

- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #309818 by OB1Shinobi

Manu wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:
No no you misunderstand me, im being totally cerial. Its not like anyone here is over protective or over sensetive or prone to negative interpretations of other peoples words or motives. I mean really, totjo is probably the calmest, most placid and articulate group of people on the internet. No one here ever loses their temper in a way that could get them in trouble and NO ONE here could ever benefit from being told they are wrong.

I have a thick streak of sensitivity?
For instance, i didnt realize i misspelled "sensitive" until i read your post that quoted me. Now im going to burn myself with a cigarette for being such a failure

People are complicated.

More
6 years 3 months ago #309819 by Manu

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Manu wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

I have a thick streak of sensitivity?
For instance, i didnt realize i misspelled "sensitive" until i read your post that quoted me. Now im going to burn myself with a cigarette for being such a failure

Then I cannot even imagine what you would do to yourself for "cerial".

You ok Ob1? I do admit I am more thick-skulled than thick-skinned.

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #309820 by OB1Shinobi

Manu wrote: Then I cannot even imagine what you would do to yourself for "cerial".

OMGomgOMGDrinksbleach!!

I think ive said enough. This was a great discussion before i entered it. I dont want to detract from that or derail it (further).... i only wanted to point out that IN MY OPINION we need to remember that whie it is important for us to have basic stadards of civility, it also would be....regressive to create an environment of padded walls and kid gloves, with rules and punishments intentionally designed to force "those other people" to moderate their emotional reactions, so as to protect us from ever having to grow up and learn how to regulate our own.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Lykeios Little Raven

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi