Anyone Else Have Delay of Text in Chat and Forcebook?

More
6 years 3 months ago #307303 by Kit
When I type in the chat room or on the Community page, it takes a good half second to a second for each letter to show. It makes typing in chat next to impossible. I didn't have a problem before the update. It also has a bit of lag in forums but it's not nearly as pronounced. Now, I'm on a government computer so there are a lot of restrictions but I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue or just me and the work computers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #307304 by
I did find mobile is really slow (using a Samsung S5 Neo). but on my PC this site is very fast.

I've been hearing from others that mobile is still quite slow. Are you also using mobile?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #307305 by
Yep I've noticed the delay, I'm using my Motorola phone and iPad.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Reasons

More
6 years 3 months ago #307312 by Avalon
The chat is pretty obnoxious when I'm on my phone.

But I haven't noticed issues with forcebook, and I don't have issues when I'm on my computer.

It might just be the network :/

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #307317 by
What's forcebook?

More
6 years 3 months ago #307320 by Kit

Arisaig wrote: I've been hearing from others that mobile is still quite slow. Are you also using mobile?

As I said in my post I'm using a computer =P

More
6 years 3 months ago #307321 by Kit

Avalonslight wrote: The chat is pretty obnoxious when I'm on my phone.

But I haven't noticed issues with forcebook, and I don't have issues when I'm on my computer.

It might just be the network :/

it makes chat essentially unusable :( and I love being there. I hope it's not the network/computers. I didn't have this problem before :(

More
6 years 3 months ago #307322 by Kit

Wolffe wrote: What's forcebook?

It's a nickname for the Community side of the website
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 3 months ago #307327 by Tellahane
I have turned the performance setting down a notch on the chat, it should be a little bit slower as it won't send as many update requests but this might also help with the mobile phones pending your phones connectivity causing it to be slow...emphasis on "may" it needs to be tested, let me know if there is any improvement or not. My new phone doesn't have a slow down issue, and since kit is having problems on a government computer(which I know how old and low specced our lovely government computers are) I believe it may just be a memory issue but lets tweak what I can tweak and see what happens.

More
6 years 3 months ago #307328 by Tellahane
Also if you have long conversations in the chat, try deleting conversation occasionally and see if that helps, you can always hit show conversation and bring it back.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi