Why is my avatar the wrong colour?

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #292394 by Edan
So I've created an avatar and signature, both have the same colour background in the program in which they were created. However, when the avatar picture is uploaded the forum changes the colour of it so now the avatar and signature do not match.

Why is this and can I stop it?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Edan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292396 by
Are they both supposed to be grey and black? If so, they match on my view. It could be due to the file type or platform.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292397 by
Your avatar only looks slightly darker here on my laptop Edan

More
6 years 8 months ago #292398 by Avalon
They appear the same to me on my phone. I'd double check the save setting you're using. Format can make a difference but so can quality, if you're given that option.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292404 by
It's the same for me. It must be your browser.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292406 by Edan

JLSpinner wrote: It's the same for me. It must be your browser.

I opened another browser and they are indeed much closer in colour, though not perfectly.

They were both jpegs so I'm a little confused as to the colour difference. The one in my sig is the colour that they were intended to be.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292407 by
I'm on mobile and they look the same, if that helps ^^

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #292409 by Avalon
In my browser, they look the same. However, I copied the images down and pulled them up to see more "accurately" (ie, color codes)... they are in fact two different colors, the avatar bg being just slightly darker than the signature bg.

What app are you using, Edan?

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292411 by Edan
I created them in a Mac program called (originally named) 'Paint 2'. One is a saved jpeg which I uploaded for the avatar, the other is a hosted jpeg on a picture hosting site because I can't see a way to 'attach' a picture to a signature. They weren't created with different colour backgrounds, but somehow uploading the avatar has changed the colour, though why I have no clue. When I view the jpeg on my macbook it is the correct colour.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292414 by Avalon
It sounds to me like - and this is just a random thought - the potential culprit may not be the avatar upload, but rather the hosted sig pic. The site in question could be potentially compressing it, which might funkify the color a bit. Then again, I suppose that could be happening here too?

Another question: Does the program give you the option to differentiate between saving the file as an RGB or CMYK file?

If you can email me the jpgs, I'll mess about and see if something is going on with the uploading or whatever after I get rid of this darned headache...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi