Initiate Program was created by
Hi. I was wondering how the IP works?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290094 by
Replied by on topic Initiate Program
The FAQ and the IP (both found at the top of the page) goes into better detail than I can type here. Perhaps give those a read over, and then if you have any questions after that, feel free to PM me. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #290095 by
It's largely laid out in the written introduction to the IP. Basically you begin a journal (in the way laid out in the intro) and that's where and how you do the lessons. Each lesson has specific instructions for how to do it. Definitely read the entire introduction first; it should answer most questions.
Enjoy :)
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

More
6 years 9 months ago #290126 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Initiate Program
Essentially, I believe you become a member of the Temple first (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Then, you start a journal thread in the journal section. This thread will hold every IP lesson you do, and anything else you'd like to add to it. You'll only need the one thread, not a separate one for every lesson; just reply to the thread as you go. First post will be the introduction, second will be the next lesson, etc. Work through the material at your own pace and tell us what you think of it openly; where you agree or disagree, whether it made you think, anything that jumps out at you, things you didn't know before, etc. You can ask for help if you need, and the IP team is around for different things if you want to contact them. When you get done, someone will look over it and see if there's anything that maybe you could elaborate on more.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290137 by
You do not have to submit a member application to start or complete the IP. Just make a thread in the IP journal subforum.

The ONLY procedural reason you need to submit a member application is to be considered an Initiate and to be considered FOR an apprenticeship. So, Guest + Membership Application = Temple Member. Temple Member + Starting the IP = Novice. Novice + Finishing IP = Initiate. Initiates can be considered for Apprenticeships. You could, theoretically, skip the Temple Member and Novice ranks altogether by completing the IP as a Guest. It can be done.

Of course, one might have personal reasons for becoming a Temple Member or Novice.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290139 by
Feel free to put whatever you'd like in your journal.

The best thing about the Initiate Program (in my opinion) is you don't have to do them in order. (But it would be a good idea to put what part you're working on in the post.)

More
6 years 9 months ago #290140 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Initiate Program
Thanks for catching my mistake, Connor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Wescli Wardest

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi