Beads on a rope..

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #287035 by
Beads on a rope.. was created by
I recently noticed that a lot of people make meditation ropes, unintentionally I bought something similar when I was in `s-Hertogenbosch last month. :woohoo:

Just out of curiosity.. , why do so many make meditation ropes lately? I love people doing it as I adore the combination of beads and the detail in it is beautiful too! :cheer:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #287036 by
Replied by on topic Beads on a rope..
Well,..i can only speak for myself , but i love them, i love that i can make something that can help meditate and help concentrate , they help memorize and they are so much fun to make. And adding that fun to the meaning of the codes, maximes etc .. and having something personal and Jedi is meaningfull to me :) I made a few for other people aswell and have already ordered different colour beads to make more Jedi meditation beadchains ...
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #287047 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Beads on a rope..
The bennifits of the word tangible , can be many . I myself as a human like to ... No creepy ... Touch things. Reminders of anything can be made by anything. Very broad but we can place any form of rememberance or reminders at the ... Touch of our fingers, if we so choose to. That and they come in colors and shapes and material which leaves a syncretic type I quite like of - do with it as u like it's yours taylor to you . Ima jade and pearl kind of guy my self. May happen one day . Costly so Ima take my time with that one. Thanks for shining Bart! Some days I think yea... We're Jedi! And it a great thing!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , , Kobos, Albali Cometlast

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #287051 by
I've always had a mala of some sort, since at least early teens.

More
6 years 10 months ago #287055 by Albali Cometlast
Replied by Albali Cometlast on topic Beads on a rope..
I start doing it because for me praying/meditating with beads make it easier and keep me more focused, also i like a lot the beans and having the beans on my body all the time reminds me every minute of temptation that im a Jedi and star remembering the code or any of the maxims....

so far its been working for me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, , , Kobos,

More
6 years 10 months ago #287112 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Beads on a rope..
For me it is a reminder, and a lesson in of itself.

I have a set of prayer beads for when I'm fighting in my foam combat sports, it is a simple wooden bead set that goes from dark-grey-tan in a pattern. The lesson for me is that we all go through light moments and dark moments, we just need to carry through it. When I get a little fidgety or feeling down, the beads help me remember that in a little bit it'll be grey and then a little further it will be light again. I'm currently prepping for another set that will serve as a sermon in of itself to me.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #287124 by
I have a mala that is supposed to help with anxiety and I have to see it really helps! Whenever I'm feeling anxious, I look down to my chest and touch the beads and tell myself that this is just a ripple in the big pond and all will be better soon (although, it broke so now I just carry them in my pocket).

I have a fellow memeber making me one that represents the teachings of the temple. I plan on using these for meditation sessions and to help me memories our teachings. It will be very special because it was made for me and that member's energy and love will be with me, too!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi