The IP: Post or accumulate?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #274876 by
I was working on my next lesson for the IP and was wondering what you guys think of posting as soon as the lesson or part is done or waiting and accumulating your work first? I know it's not a big issue but I would like to hear what the people who are reading them, prefer.
Thanks guys,
MarVinKra

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #274879 by
Replied by on topic The IP: Post or accumulate?
There is an IP Team who (as time permits) oversee all the IP journal entries to offer guidance and advice where they feel it is beneficial and who can be approached to ask questions to clarify.

I would suggest contacting Kit or one of the other IP Team members if you want a definitive answer, but my advice would be to post as you go as part of the IP's purpose is to allow the Knights to get to know you and your personal beliefs prior to consideration of apprenticeship (assuming you want to progress that far). Also, it prevents walls of text that are difficult to read.

All the best on your path (which reminds me I need to put more time in on my own.)

Dano

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #274884 by
I would say post as you work. That will allow those that need to to follow your progress easier. If you post everything at once, It will make harder for us, anyway. Aside from that, it's your choice.

But think of it as the difference between reading nicely formatted sentences and paragraphs with space, or reading one giant wall of text. Which would you prefer? ;)

More
7 years 1 month ago #274885 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic The IP: Post or accumulate?
I would say overall it is better for you to post each lesson individually as you complete them. Two reasons:

First, there is a 60 day minimum from when you post your first IP lesson to when you can qualify for initiate after finishing the lessons. If you post them all together, you'll have to wait those 60 days still... And besides, it can give the wrong impression on how quickly you did them ;)

Secondly, individual postings make it easier to track, but also does give the IP team the chance to look over them and respond, which will give you a chance to go back if you need to.

There's nothing wrong with accumulating all the lessons, I just wouldn't recommend it.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #274891 by
Thank you all very much for your guidance!
I will be taking all of your points into consideration :)

May the Force be with you

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #274895 by
Seconding post as you complete, having checked a ton of journals in my time it's pretty tough when things are all bundled into enormoposts :)

Good question. Enjoy the journey!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #274896 by

tzb wrote: Seconding post as you complete, having checked a ton of journals in my time it's pretty tough when things are all bundled into enormoposts :)

Good question. Enjoy the journey!

Thank you for your guidance! It is greatly appreciated :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi