Annoying requests/messages - how to block?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270176 by
I imagine this has been asked before, but after searching for it I've not come up with anything, so for the sake of assisting somebody else or just ease in general, I shall ask.

Is there a way to block people on here? I'm not interested in sending PM's on to administration, as it's not worth it to me. However, there is somebody on here filling my inbox with friend requests and conversion demands. I don't wish to turn off all messages.

If there is a way and it's easy to find, please just point it out. My mobile device is teeny tiny, and hard to navigate at the best of times.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270177 by
If someone is harrasing you i advice you to send them a reply that you are not interested , if the person does not stop you can report it to a moderator or to Wesley Wardest. If you are not at all interested in Social interaction i would advise you not to go on Social Media at all , we do have an only read option aswell , dont register an account ....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270178 by
Wow, I apologise if I hit a nerve. Truly, that was not my intent.

I simply asked a question... not certain why it got that response.

I'm looking for information on options here for what to do with a jackass who won't stop trying to convert me to Christianity. I've gotten about 20 messages so far.

I deserve an apology for the unprofessional attitude, as I've never been rude to you, or anything but friendly to you, Marta... but I doubt I'll get it. This is the internet.

I imagine I don't deserve anything positive in your eyes, for whatever reason... but I didn't come here to placate strangers or cause problems, I came here to learn. I'm not above defending myself.

Baffling.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270179 by
Well then i apologize to you for my response , there was no insult intended !

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #270181 by Zenchi

Regentis wrote: Wow, I apologise if I hit a nerve. Truly, that was not my intent.

I simply asked a question... not certain why it got that response.

I'm looking for information on options here for what to do with a jackass who won't stop trying to convert me to Christianity. I've gotten about 20 messages so far.

I deserve an apology for the unprofessional attitude, as I've never been rude to you, or anything but friendly to you, Marta... but I doubt I'll get it. This is the internet.

I imagine I don't deserve anything positive in your eyes, for whatever reason... but I didn't come here to placate strangers or cause problems, I came here to learn. I'm not above defending myself.

Baffling.

Unprofessional? Because she gave you advice? You've done stated your a sith and have no wish to socialize here.

Perhaps you should work on not getting so easily offended, and then maby your social interactions won't appear to be so negative...

Click on the perps profile pic unless you're already at his/her profile, then click "options"...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #270183 by
I was not offended at all, Zenchi.

You do realise tone does not come across in text, yes? Your harshness is not necessary simply because of my stated path. Also, my personal path is about emotion - attempting to belittle me for whatever mine may be is more amusing and stupid to me than anything else.

I never said I was not interested in interaction - my journal post was referring to the tool who keeps messaging me. Maybe think before YOU write?

If you are not going to answer my question, why bother responding?

I will figure it out on my own. Please do not mistake my simple honesty toward my own emotions and situation as what it may look like to you.

I was not offended. It is quite hard to offend me.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270185 by

MartaLina wrote: Well then i apologize to you for my response , there was no insult intended !

Thank you. Tone is hard to understand through text. It looked like you were saying something else.

I see what you meant now. It could be taken two ways - one of friendly advice or one of "screw you." I've gotten the latter more often.

Again, thank you.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #270186 by Zenchi

Regentis wrote: I was not offended at all.

You do realise tone does not come across in text, yes? Your harshness is not necessary simply because of my stated path.

I never said I was not interested in interaction - my journal post was referring to the tool who keeps messaging me. Maybe think before YOU write?

I will figure it out on my own. Please do not mistake my simple honesty toward my own emotions and situation as what it may look like to you.

Perhaps if you had read everything before posting, instructions are there. Pay more attention before posting?

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270187 by

Regentis wrote:

MartaLina wrote: Well then i apologize to you for my response , there was no insult intended !

Thank you. Tone is hard to understand through text. It looked like you were saying something else.

I see what you meant now. It could be taken two ways - one of friendly advice or one of "screw you." I've gotten the latter more often.

Again, thank you.

No problem :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #270189 by

Zenchi wrote:

Regentis wrote: I was not offended at all.

You do realise tone does not come across in text, yes? Your harshness is not necessary simply because of my stated path.

Perhaps if you had read everything before posting, instructions are there. Pay more attention before posting?

I did! I keep getting 404's!

Would you just point me to the answer instead of this ridiculousness? I am sick of being harassed, and I'm entitled to the same options as EVERY OTHER USER HERE, Sith or no Sith!

How do I block on this newer website? I do know if I add someone as friend, I should be able to block from there - but 404! There are no options to block on any profiles I have looked at. That is why I am asking for assistance.

This isn't necessary. It was a simple question. If something's broke, on my end or otherwise, I'd just like to figure that out. Simple!
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi