Question

More
7 years 5 months ago #263020 by sNe1a
Question was created by sNe1a
I know what I am about to ask might sound a little silly, but bear with me :laugh:

I was wondering if I could be my own apprentice, but in the way that I design a path for myself and post about it in my journal or on my wall. I understand that my rank won't change, and that's not what I want either. I just want to share my path with you.

Is it okay if I post my own personal training somewhere on the forum? Like maybe in Health Wellness and Nutrition or in my Journal?

Oof

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263021 by
Replied by on topic Question
i m probably not the right person for an "authorized" answer but in "journals" in the new menber area you can just make yourself a journal aand post in there your thoughts and progress.
as you said, your rank wont change but it doesnt matter ;)
i ll read what you write there :)
also i got in my journal other stuff then just the initate programm. just take a look at all the other journals an get inspired ;)

More
7 years 5 months ago #263023 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Question

sNe1a wrote: I know what I am about to ask might sound a little silly, but bear with me :laugh:

I was wondering if I could be my own apprentice, but in the way that I design a path for myself and post about it in my journal or on my wall. I understand that my rank won't change, and that's not what I want either. I just want to share my path with you.

Is it okay if I post my own personal training somewhere on the forum? Like maybe in Health Wellness and Nutrition or in my Journal?

Anyone who is a member can view your journal at any time where it is now. If you want to create a 2nd journal that I believe is fine, I will wait for a knight to chime in upon that to verify though.

As far as being your own apprentice, like you said your rank won't change, and it would really come down to what you would study. The thing about apprenticeship is each person's training in their apprenticeship isn't a standard program. Meaning it's not just a list of things you have to achieve and accomplish over the course of 6 months to a year or more, its very much catered to where you need to grow, and learn, on an individual basis. This is what the IP exists, because by the time you have finished it, any knight or other teaching master that reviews it, can look for what area's you do already understand, what area's you might want to expand on, what you want to learn, but also look at things you may not even be aware of yet. Then if that knight "specializes"(for lack of a better word) in that area where you are deficient, or also believes in a lot of the same thought processes as you etc, they approach you and ask to be your teaching master.

Through out that apprenticeship they focus on providing you with material that you may not be aware of but also growing in the area's you want to grow in etc, and often if its a good pick between teaching master and apprenticeship its something that you two can discuss on a constant basis.

One of the key lessons I've learned long ago and always pass on and share is the ever so common beach ball. If you are on one side of a room, looking upon a beach ball in the center. You see that beach ball has colors of red white and red. Your answer to the question, what colors are the beach ball? are red white and red. That's all you see. So your teaching master, may be on the other side of the room, the colors over there, may be white blue white. A perspective you have never seen or know to understand. Between the two of you, you find out the colors of a beach ball are red white red white blue white. Thus you both learn of the beach ball. Together you might both approach the beach ball, and learn that the top color is yellow, and from there will continue to find out what the color on the bottom might be.

That's the best way as I can describe it. Could you try and cover all that yourself, sure the internet is out there, there's lots of stuff in the library here on totjo, but your still doing a lot of it based on your own individual perspective, and you may loose out on a lot of information and other perspectives that way. Which I feel is a keen part of understanding. I don't think to my knowledge any one else has accomplished the task you are asking to take up on. So maybe you might be the first, I won't say you shouldn't do it, or that its impossible, just that from my experience you "might" miss out on some other great opportunities and experiences.

What you choose to do is entirely up to you, and I would support you in any way I can ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sNe1a,

More
7 years 5 months ago #263024 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Question
As far as I know, you can do as much of a self-study program as you like, but it wouldn't be an apprenticeship.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #263025 by sNe1a
Replied by sNe1a on topic Question

Tellahane wrote: What you choose to do is entirely up to you, and I would support you in any way I can ;)

Thanks Tellahane :lol: I really appreciate your help

Leah Starspectre wrote: As far as I know, you can do as much of a self-study program as you like, but it wouldn't be an apprenticeship.

Thanks Leah :cheer: I guess you're right since I wont technically have a master :P

Heut wrote: i m probably not the right person for an "authorized" answer but in "journals" in the new menber area you can just make yourself a journal aand post in there your thoughts and progress.
as you said, your rank wont change but it doesnt matter ;)
i ll read what you write there :)
also i got in my journal other stuff then just the initate programm. just take a look at all the other journals an get inspired ;)

I think that anyone is authorized to answer lol. And thanks in the future for reading :cheer:

Oof
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by sNe1a. Reason: Typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 5 months ago #263031 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Question
If it were me I'd post it in my Journal, but I guess it depends how you want to structure and present it. I'd probably keep it together in one place to make it easier on myself
:lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi