Article update idea

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #256030 by
Article update idea was created by
:unsure: The thing that I noticed is that library is not easy to find for new members, it is in the article page but not in the FAQ? I was told about the difficulty to search it. If I may be so free to ask, could the following list please be considered in the future to be looked at, to maybe even consider after discussion and everything that needs to be done? Guess that if someone feels to share thoughts about the idea, it is open for (please gentle) discussion. :blush:

All I would like to ask is to look over this list below a little bit without pressure.. :) There is a good change that I missed something.. if that would be the case it means that it is not visible enough for me I guess.. :blink:

May the force shine with you, :blush:

~

Main focus of the idea:
+ useful links in ''new member'' (IP) pages;
+ new links in the footer;
+ new links in the FAQ;
+ movement of FAQ links;
+ refreshment of some articles.
++mentioning the footer more often on the site ;)

Library:
Library link being added to the FAQ; --> X
Library link being added to the IP ''How to Use Our Materials'' section; --> X
Library link being added to the IP ''conclusion/patience'' section; --> X

Article index:
Article index link moved to a more visible position in the FAQ (help section?); --> X | X
Article index link being added above the Library link in the Footer ''Learning'';--> X

Footer:
Synod link being added below the council link in the Footer 'About Us''; --> X
Update fix thingy for the old Teachers link in the Footer somehow?; --> X
More links in the ''HOW TO USE THE TEMPLE OF THE JEDI ORDER'S WEBSITE'', maybe even move it to the FAQ ''help'' section. --> X | X
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #256031 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Article update idea
Nice compilation of suggestions Codex, thanks!!!

Footers were good for all that corporate stuff which no-one was really interested in, like privacy policies etc, the things which needed to be there but were not necessarily the target of the sites audience. At the moment I guess its like a sitemap, which will therefore always be more thorough.... but your point is a good one and I'm offtopic in site design land now
:lol:
The top menu could probably be redone, remove 'Home' as its redundant with the Temple logo graphic doing the same thing, and then use the same structure as the footer currently has, with headings of Learning, Community, Help and About Us with associated menu options. Would just need to add Doctrine to the Learning menu and put Inbox and Article Manager into Community, and shift the Top menu forum options into the tab Forum menu... and maybe a few other tweaks. /ramble

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #256033 by
Replied by on topic Article update idea
I have often wondered why the library was only at the bottom. The cynic in me wants to believe that the temple doesn't want copyright people to find it. lol.

The non-cynic in me believes that it's just how the site is formatted. And, they've never thought to move it up to the top. But, then again, can everything be on the top? *shrugs*

More
7 years 7 months ago #256034 by Lykeios Little Raven
These are definitely good suggestions! I always have a difficult time finding the library, I always forget it's in the footer.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257006 by

Codex wrote: Library:

Library link being added to the FAQ; --> X
Library link being added to the IP ''How to Use Our Materials'' section; --> X
Library link being added to the IP ''conclusion/patience'' section; --> X

Article index:
Article index link moved to a more visible position in the FAQ (help section?); --> X | X
Article index link being added above the Library link in the Footer ''Learning'';--> X

Footer:
Synod link being added below the council link in the Footer 'About Us''; --> X
Update fix thingy for the old Teachers link in the Footer somehow?; --> X
More links in the ''HOW TO USE THE TEMPLE OF THE JEDI ORDER'S WEBSITE'', maybe even move it to the FAQ ''help'' section. --> X | X

The majority of these have now been implemented.

More
7 years 7 months ago #257010 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thank you guys for all yall do here! May the Living Force continue to shine in yall!!! Yall... you all. Plural. Every one. All yall. Smiley Face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 7 months ago #257016 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Article update idea
Akkarin, as I cannot post in the other thread, I cannot see the below in the FAQ? Or is that one bit that hasn't been implemented.

Library: Library link being added to the FAQ

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257018 by

Edan wrote: Akkarin, as I cannot post in the other thread, I cannot see the below in the FAQ? Or is that one bit that hasn't been implemented.

Library: Library link being added to the FAQ

It wasn't added, but was added in the How to use this Website article and links at the top and bottom of each page is now mentioned twice. It was linked in both places of the IP too.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi