Picture in signature?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249961 by Yugen
Picture in signature? was created by Yugen
After spending some time trying to figure out how to get a picture into my signature i decided i have to ask, i know about the image link option where you convert a link into an image and i've tried it but i can't seem to make it work, either i'm doing it wrong, or i don't know how to do it :P

So how do you do it?

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Yugen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249962 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Picture in signature?
what code are you trying?

it's [ img ] http://[ /img ] (without the spaces) you can try it here. if it shows up in the thread it'll show up in your sig
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yugen

More
7 years 8 months ago #249964 by Leah Starspectre
I upload pics to imgur and use the bbc code they give in the "share" section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yugen

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249965 by
Replied by on topic Picture in signature?
Yeah, anything you can do in a post, you can do in your sig - just copy and paste the code :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249966 by
It will work like the forum as tzb mentioned! Just try to play a little bit with it and you will do great!! If you have questions, feel free to pm someone to ask for further help. ;) If you have the link of a image, you can use the following bb code:
(without the dots)

[.url=http://link around the image here][.img] put link here [./img][./url]

About bb coding (similar what you use in the normal forum edit): --> X
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago #249967 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Picture in signature?
Thanks everyone, i'll do an attempt in my journal :)

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 8 months ago #249968 by Kit

Aqua wrote: It will work like the forum as tzb mentioned! Just try to play a little bit with it and you will do great!! If you have questions, feel free to pm someone to ask for further help. ;) If you have the link of a image, you can use the following bb code:
(without the dots)

That code is only if you want to make your image link to something other than the image (for example, my symbol in my sig links back to the explanation of it instead of the image). You can use [ img ] URL [ /img ] by itself and get the image
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249973 by
its [strike]not[/strike] working for me :S haha got it , saw the mistake !!

[ img ]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nyIdSBwoajI/V5t0jCoVDgI/AAAAAAAABKA/DumS2P68dl0Bpf8CvxWEGl9cXPZ9BMEZwCLcB/s1600/so%2Bsf.jpg [ /img ]

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249974 by

Kit wrote:

Aqua wrote: It will work like the forum as tzb mentioned! Just try to play a little bit with it and you will do great!! If you have questions, feel free to pm someone to ask for further help. ;) If you have the link of a image, you can use the following bb code:
(without the dots)

That code is only if you want to make your image link to something other than the image (for example, my symbol in my sig links back to the explanation of it instead of the image). You can use [ img ] URL [ /img ] by itself and get the image

I know, but well.. everything you do not need you can leave away!

(without the dots)

Option 1: ---> [.url=http://link around the image here][.img] put link here [./img][./url]
Option 2: ---> [.img] put link here [./img]

Long version: It is just a little bit extra I guess, just in case. BB code can be used partially, and in layers till some degree. As can other types of coding too.
Now I am also familiar with coded links (like pointing to a specific part of an image and then to get a link), the only problem is that you would have to use html coding to do that. But if I would start to talk about that I will make it way too complicated I guess..

I just try to say, I like to keep things simple.. But also to be somehow useful at the same time! :blush: I thought that this small extra thingy about a total link for your image, would just be so lovely to mention.. I appreciate that you are telling me, Kit. ;) But this time it was my intention to give this extra information to Bareus.. :)

~ Aqua

More
7 years 8 months ago #249976 by Kit

Aqua wrote:

Kit wrote:

(without the dots)

I know, but well.. everything you do not need you can leave away!

(without the dots)

Option 1: ---> [.url=http://link around the image here][.img] put link here [./img][./url]
Option 2: ---> [.img] put link here [./img]

Long version: It is just a little bit extra I guess, just in case. BB code can be used partially, and in layers till some degree. As can other types of coding too.
Now I am also familiar with coded links (like pointing to a specific part of an image and then to get a link), the only problem is that you would have to use html coding to do that. But if I would start to talk about that I will make it way too complicated I guess..

I just try to say, I like to keep thing simple.. But also to be somehow useful at the same time! :blush: I thought that this small extra thingy about a total link for your image, would just be so lovely to mention.. I appreciate that you are telling me, Kit. ;) But this time it was my intention to give this extra information to Bareus.. :)

~ Aqua

Haha I've learned when teaching tech that simplest to the goal is always best. And if the 'student' asks for more, that's when to offer (or if you really want to expand, give the simple answer first, then "oh! and this is also cool!" lol. If you give a man Excel, when all he needs is a calculator, you're gonna spend more time explaining why things aren't working and how to actually do it instead of simply giving him what he needs ahaha. I just didn't want Bareus to get confused is all. :) only reason I piped up
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi