Training outside of the Temple

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #244666 by
Replied by on topic Training outside of the Temple
I chose to study here because the structure of this temple lends legitimacy to the titles that are earned. If a person is a knight in this order, I feel that I can trust their leadership because of what they go through to become a knight. While I agree with what Aqua said about the disrespectful nature of seeking another teacher, I also see the value of a Jedi being able to draw from the larger pool of life for lessons and experience. After all, as I have stated before, my first loyalty is to Christ and the Force, then to this order, then to whatever vehicle through which the Force would show me a truth.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #244674 by OB1Shinobi

Loudzoo wrote: When I saw the title to this thread I thought it was referring to the 50%-99.9% we spend away from the Temple (apologies to those who spend more than half their existence here :P ).

I'll have a real girl friend one of these days lol

Loudzoo wrote: For most of us the majority of life takes place outside the Temple and life IS training, whether we realise it or not.

yeah, thats what I was going to say

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #244685 by
Replied by on topic Re:Training outside of the Temple

Jestor wrote: TOTJO is not the sole authority on being a jedi, but is one of many, lol...

I too felt like Aqua on the loyalty bit, but, I've never stopped others seeking knowledge away from here, because, quite honestly, its less about what the teacher/master wants, and more about what the student needs... ;)

Lessons are everywhere, and a "good jedi" will see them, and learn from them....

At least as I see it.... :)

Knowledge is like sight, if you have healthy working eyes you cannot force yourself to not see with open eyes. Guess that the same could be said about knowlegde.. if I find something on my path, I cannot move myself around it..
But what I tried to say ( and I failed a little bit in doing :blush: ) I do enjoy the 'freedom' of that what is studied.. it is like a library, I try to choose one library.. but it contains multiple books! Within this massive space there is room to move around, and I can even to go and walk towards the door of an other library to seek out some books.. only thing is that I will not enter there because I already have my library. :)

The point thingy thing is that I want to keep one style, but the chosen style is not limited in knowledge or training material that can be found inside. Same can be said about the old ways, but I will not mention it in this post because I can be so confusing sometimes.. Sorry! :laugh:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #244707 by
Please do train outside TotJO, and please share your new realizations with us!

Enlightened-self-interest leads me to believe that if you "improve" yourself somewhere, it's better for us everywhere...

You never know when a lesson will materialize and cannot predict whom the vessel. Just accept it when you notice!

***Edit, that is not an official TotJO message, just my opinion ;-) ****
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #244754 by
I am very much into the idea of outside Temple tranning, I've always wanted to have a group in my state to meet up and talk, discuss, learn, possibly connect Master to Apprentice. As much as I love this community so far id love to see people work together face to face.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #244766 by
Thanks for all your replies - but what about having more than one Master ?

More
7 years 10 months ago #244768 by Carlos.Martinez3
In the Temple... I'm not sure we are structured that way...

In the real world... dude, I have many teachers and many students.
It's the differences that some times can make the bigger picture.
My Jedi ism allows many different forms and beliefs to exist so... I have many masters.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #244781 by

Silas Mercury wrote: Thanks for all your replies - but what about having more than one Master ?

Have as many as you like. :) Just don't expect any of the work you do with a Master outside of this temple to count here....its all counted seperate.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 10 months ago #244788 by Jestor

Trisskar wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: Thanks for all your replies - but what about having more than one Master ?

Have as many as you like. :) Just don't expect any of the work you do with a Master outside of this temple to count here....its all counted seperate.

Nor what you do here to count outside of here...

Its not that we are all against each other, its that we dont know each other's curriculum, and training....

We are beginning to cross lines with that, but, its been a few years in the making, and will probably be many more before anything official gets recognized, if ever...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #244796 by

Jestor wrote:

Trisskar wrote:

Nor what you do here to count outside of here...

Its not that we are all against each other, its that we dont know each other's curriculum, and training....

We are beginning to cross lines with that, but, its been a few years in the making, and will probably be many more before anything official gets recognized, if ever...

Ah well in our hearts we should all stay wee Novices anyway i believe , no matter how high we climb up in rank anywhere , in the end its just vanity ;) a forever student , thats my dream :laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi