Untrustworthy Blood

More
7 years 11 months ago #239937 by Prelalo
Untrustworthy Blood was created by Prelalo
I have always believed in family members to be trusted among all others, unfortunately here recently there has been cousins who has been stealing and lying. They have not only stole from me and lied to me but they also have done it to their uncles, fathers, and brothers. I would think it's peer pressure and drugs. I hate to bring the situation known, but sometimes guidance is best received from those who not related or known by mutual acquaintance.
I wonder do they steal and lie from family members because if they stole and lied from somebody that they hardly know they will either have them locked up or cause them bodily harm?
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #239943 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Untrustworthy Blood
"Blood makes you related but loyalty makes you family."

Parents can even sometimes be really harmful influences on their own children!! So the concept of 'family' does not mean too much as a rule. While no-one is perfect, and some people become 'parents' when they are still quite young and unprepared, sometimes people can be going through difficult times, or be untrustworthy, or even outright dangerous. So I think it mostly depends on the individual and the circumstances.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 11 months ago #239944 by Prelalo
Replied by Prelalo on topic Untrustworthy Blood
I like that quote

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239956 by
Replied by on topic Untrustworthy Blood
A while back when I was younger, my mom had married a man who had several children, all of them were much older than I was. One of them had an addictive personality, and many times we had our home broken in to because he owed people money, and to this day he still owes me over $300 for money that I gave him, and who know how much he owes me from things he took from me. A rift slowly formed in the family because of this ones actions. We were all aware that he was doing drugs and stealing from all of us, yet no one wanted to confront him. Eventually one of the sisters did and he was sent to rehab. All in all, he went to rehab three separate times, and still never learned anything, never got better. Eventually it came to a head one night while I was away in a different state. He had come home full of drugs, drunk beyond belief and began rampaging, threatening physical violence. My mother had to protect his own children from him. Despite all of this happening, my step-father was always on his side. Never did anything to help the situation, never did anything to stop things like that from happening. Whenever it came down to me, my sister and my mother versus him, he always chose him. Now I can understand that he would choose his own son, but the fact remains that we all lost thousands of dollars worth of stuff, were in near constant danger from either him or his friends (or his enemies) and we're always in some kind of fight with some member of the family because we were always stuck fixing his messes. We learned that the best thing to do was distance ourselves, and we did. My mother divorced the man, and we left. Most of our things are still at that house as we just kind of up and left one day. We've all moved on, and after cutting that negativity from our lives, things have improved dramatically. I dont necessarily have any kind of advice for you, I just wanted to share this story to see if you could glean anything from it to help you make a decision about what to do. I hope it helps, and good luck! May the Force be with you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #240008 by
Replied by on topic Untrustworthy Blood
Take care who you can help those you can. If someone hurts you, you forgive, but do not stay too close or will maxucar. A house divided can not survive.
Something very shallow to say, but meditate on what I said and you will see that I have logic in what I say.
If you need some help or just vent, do not avoid sending me a PM

More
7 years 11 months ago #240117 by Carlos.Martinez3
My own personal goal in life is to build...seeing as my lessons and study have taken me so very far at this present moment, I realize not every one came with me. You must be you! Are you the one who will lead by example, speech? Will you lead will you follow? Will you give em time and effort? If so why? These are questions for your very own heart. When we see those around us...please excuse the terms...act out.. we ourselves know some form of discipline and way. It is our choice, regardless of who it is to act by what we choose. I hope your family is not making it more difficult for you . I find when my values are challenged I seek help of my trusted "guild." In cases like this I ask my people for help. Do you have those you trust who you can count on? I recommend finding some. It can only help. Theres nothing you can do about blood its...blood, but I am cautious who I let around my family and heart. Be strong friend, you are in a place where you are not ALONE!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi