Questions about IP

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 days ago #237737 by
Questions about IP was created by
I am very interested in starting the IP program but there are a couple of things that concern me. Hopefully someone who is doing it now, or recently finished it, could give me some guidance. I would like to know how long it took you and how time-consuming it is/was?

The reason I ask is because I will be starting up again on my Master's Degree in August,and also work, so I was wondering whether it is something I should start or just wait until I am finished with my degree.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 days ago #237738 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Questions about IP
Fair warning, it will take time and effort

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 days ago #237739 by
Replied by on topic Questions about IP
It really does vary from person to person based on the time you can commit and how motivated you are. Most of the reading and videos can be completed relatively quickly, but you are encouraged to give each exercise a fair amount of thought and reflection.

I know Jedi here who posted very thoughtful responses to each exercise and finished it in the span of a month. I've seen people knock out a lesson every day or two without pausing at all. I personally took two years to finish it because I was in no hurry and spent a lot of time interacting in the forum discussions instead. That, and life does continue on despite our efforts to stay focused.

It will take effort, but how quickly you finish it is up to you. I hope this helps.

More
8 years 5 days ago #237741 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Questions about IP
It really depends on the person and their situation. I work full time and have a family. It took me I'd say a year and a half to do. And I took it slowly because of what pulled my time elsewhere.

You can do them both side-by-side and the IP can easily be set aside when your Master's Degree demands more attention. You sound very interested, I'd recommend giving it a shot. There's no time limit to when you'd have to complete it and it may be a fun break from your other studies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MadHatter

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #237742 by Codama
Replied by Codama on topic Questions about IP
i'm currently working on the IP. It is a really deep program which will supply much information. As most studies the progress is subjective. But, as i'm seeing, the more time I take in understanding the materials, the more I gain from the lessons. I have a schedule throughout the week where I tend to the IP program. I used to have a goal of completing it as fast as possible. but, i love the information that i am coming across so much that my only goal is to be sure that i am gaining and undertanding the studies as much as possible. You def get out what you put in. As a student i'm sure you're no stranger to studying. it's no different here. I def wish you much success in your school and IP studies.
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by Codama. Reason: left out a letter. mispelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3

More
8 years 5 days ago #237760 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Questions about IP
I've been working on the IP for some time now myself. I am also going to school though nothing as demanding as a Masters program. However the IP can be done as you find time. So I think you can start it now and delay parts of it as needed. It might even help you find ways to destress from the vigor and demand of your schooling. I wish you well on your path and in school.
MTFBWY,
~Hatter~

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Codama

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 days ago #237802 by
It takes up time Willow , i remember staying up untill four in the morning reading Watts and studying ways of meditation and talking to other Jedi, i finished the IP in roughly 2 months , i dont think you can give a value judgment as to how long it takes you to finish it , its not said that if you process information quick of slow that the knowledge is better preserverd , but i would take it easy and count on a good time a day that you can spend on it , after the IP you can start Apprenticeship and that means dedication aswell , but as i said its up to you how long you want to take , and you can take it easy. I remember my teeth getting into it and i could not let go untill i did the IP , i was fascinated and inspired and i had more time then, now i have another job and responsibilities that take time , so i am slowing down a bit , but thats ok , there is no rush.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 days ago #237806 by
It varies but most seem to fall between 2-6 months.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago #237855 by
I'm currently a master's student, and though I've started the IP I've only had the time to do a few lessons so far. I'm expecting some more time once my courses finish up this month. With a super rough extrapolation of my work so far, I'd say it'll take me... 10 months? Like others have already said, some people blow through it and some people take a long time. It's important to give the lessons the thought and dedication they deserve, so I wouldn't rush though it. At the same time, I see no harm in starting now, and if the Master's gets crazy, leave the IP for a while to focus on your other studies. It's not a race. =)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 4 days ago #237859 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Questions about IP
SOme of the lessons may seem familiar, recognizing them from other times in your life, and other situations, these you may zip on through...

Some, may take you much more time as concepts unfamiliar to you are being exposed...

And as SecondVariation said, you can always leave it for a while...

Many of tus revisit the lessons, to see what more we can learn form them, or what we might have missed last time we did the lesson...

So, dont stress...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi