With regards to The Power of Myth...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #221649 by
For the Journals, it says to make note of whether or not we use the text version as opposed to the audio/visual version. I know that the chapters are slightly different between versions, but is there a discernible difference in what we learn from each? I learn better from text, but since it looks like the audio/visual component is the more 'stressed' version of the lesson plan, I just want to make sure that the text isn't some sort of 'easy way out' and I'll miss out on important lessons by using it.

-SunShade

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #221650 by Tellahane
Someone else can correct me or add to the answer but I've listened to a few and read a few at the same time, I think its that the audio tends to focus on a few area's more heavily then the text does, but they both tend to cover the majority of the same lesson. Personally if text works for you go with the text, but doesn't hurt to listen to the audio too. It's not like you can't do both, but I think its simply because its two ways to reach the same end of the road, knowing which one you took better helps explain where your answers may be coming from. But that's just my opinion on it from my experience with it. A Knight would have a better explanation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #221651 by Edan

SunShade wrote: For the Journals, it says to make note of whether or not we use the text version as opposed to the audio/visual version. I know that the chapters are slightly different between versions, but is there a discernible difference in what we learn from each? I learn better from text, but since it looks like the audio/visual component is the more 'stressed' version of the lesson plan, I just want to make sure that the text isn't some sort of 'easy way out' and I'll miss out on important lessons by using it.

-SunShade

There is nothing wrong with using the text version instead of the videos (I did).

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #221660 by
Likewise, i greatly prefer the text to the audio versions, if for no other reason than I am kinda hard of hearing and its easier for me.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #221704 by
Thanks for the feedback, that was quick! I'll definitely get to work on my first lessons sooner rather than later. ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi