Taking Part in the Process...As an experienced Jedi

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #223515 by Jestor

Streen wrote:
And that word... "experienced"... was not a wise choice. I have experienced a lot as a Jedi, but I used it like a title, and that was a mistake. I made it sound like I think I am above other people just because of my experience, and nothing could be further from the truth.

Streen wrote: You're forgiven :D It's perfectly alright. I deserved what you said, because it made me realize how highly I was thinking of myself. Your acknowledgement of it was humbling, so I thank you for that!

In my few years of knowing of you, I would agree, that you have never lead me to believe [edit: "that you thought"] you were better than anyone else...

And, the fact that you have started and are about halfway through, the IP just further proves the point... :)

I cannot imagine the number of times (this week?) that I have thought "Why am I doing this AGAIN? I dont NEED to dammit!"...

Good on you my friend... ;)

I would like to playfully draw a circle around the Initiate's Program as this exact test everyone is looking for... the willingness to go through it as well as the time requirement, etc... also, the potential for realization that there might be new, golden lotuses of information that haven't been covered yet...

Yes, kinda what I was trying to say elsewhere..:)

You put it better than I did, lol...:)

And, no offence to anyone, but, we all need to remember this when another person says "Ive done this" we have to remember that they probably have, but our 'test' IS the IP...

This one guy (anyone remember his name?) did the whole IP in like 48/72 hours...

Did a pretty good job too... But, he got bored with waiting, and left... I wonder how much he absorbed, really.. Maybe he already knew it, I cant remember... :lol:...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #223533 by
We are all experienced Jedi as we are All here - and Jedi. Many who think or have been made Knights by other orders must not "prove" themselves again. But merely re affirm what they should already know, as a knight.

One who walks the path and acts the action of such - is such. One who wishes to do so is merely fantasizing.

May the force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #223657 by

Streen wrote: You're forgiven :D It's perfectly alright. I deserved what you said, because it made me realize how highly I was thinking of myself. Your acknowledgement of it was humbling, so I thank you for that!

Streen wrote: it made me realize how highly I was thinking of myself. Your acknowledgement of it was humbling

Jestor wrote: In my few years of knowing of you, I would agree, that you have never lead me to believe [edit: "that you thought"] you were better than anyone else...

Quintilianus: ,,Mendacem memorem esse oportet'', Institutio oratoria 4,2.
Quintilianus: ,,Liars must remember much'', Institutio oratoria 4,2.

Hello Streen,

I wanted to send this message yesterday, but I was not able due to some fun with my pc.. So, please lets talk further.

You have shown me so much in the last couple of days. Many may not know, but I have been talking with Streen about his personal past and website for a little bit. I have been reading his IP, and other things as well. I believe your words that you have the experience, though I must tell took me some difficulty when first seeing your post about it, I never excluded it.

As with the latin quote, I mainly added it because of the part ''remember much'' in proportion to the temple. Some hold too tight to that what is considered the past. Clouding themselves to their own understanding. I wanted to help you, and after seeing that quote I knew, giving words that you have hold with you may be a possibility.

I have to confess that this method of me is some what barbaric to use. And I feel sorry that I humbled you in doing, I know you forgive me for doing, and I am thankful that you do. As Jestor told, he never knew what you told this week. Never expected that to hear.

So I would like to ask you, if you decide to continue your path with br. John. I am willingly to volunteer for your apprentice mentor projects when you are apprentice. To give br. John some easy time in searching subjects for his experiment if you continue in apprenticeship with br. John as your master..
Because reflecting ones actions can do a lot in both directions. I have been asking a lot from you lately by doing. Reflection is a very powerful tool, and I considered to use it because I felt good somehow please do not ask why. Big reason why it is in my motto, now you know..

Enough of the funny part, to get back to my final words. If br. John need a subject for the training of Streen, happy to help you. :) and you took it with so much calmness. Force be with you all,

~ Aqua
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266448 by
This thread still gets under my skin , this whining was almost a year ago , in this year , i dug my heels in , found a wonderfull Master , almost at the end of my apprenticeship , did the work , and you could have done the same Streen...

More
7 years 4 months ago #266503 by Kobos
As I begin to put the work in here and add my own self reflections to them I see a very reasonable point to the IP. Yea I have my experiences and what not, and admittedly would love the knight title but why strive for something that should come to you in study. I must ask in this thread Marta, did you find a master or did the master find you? I am intrigued by that thought because in some aspect this is where I do not know whither act and ask, or simply wait and understand that when one see's enough potential in me to train under them, then I am ready.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266514 by

Kobos wrote: As I begin to put the work in here and add my own self reflections to them I see a very reasonable point to the IP. Yea I have my experiences and what not, and admittedly would love the knight title but why strive for something that should come to you in study. I must ask in this thread Marta, did you find a master or did the master find you? I am intrigued by that thought because in some aspect this is where I do not know whither act and ask, or simply wait and understand that when one see's enough potential in me to train under them, then I am ready.

I will send you a pm Kobos , its a long story but very short haha

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi