Question about Lesson 7: Personal tools

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220863 by
Dear Jedi,

Before I ask my question, this were my thoughts that made me confused about this lesson.

I was wondering about lesson 7. I have seen multiple Journals been writing about the personal tools, and I get the understanding that many Journals write about the use of personal tools in two different ways:

-- Physically Personal: in the way being close, unique, person dependent in use, etc.
-- Mentally Personal: like sentimental value, a connection with memories, usage in characteristics, etc.

The question I have is about these two kinds of 'Personal'. The IP does not say that it is Physical or Mental. And when talking about physical didactic, physical semantics, or physical etiquette, the outcome it totally different than when talking about mental didactic, mental semantics, or mental etiquette.

I did get confused at exercise 3: ,,(both in the physical world and in written form)''
  • Would this mean that Exercise 1 and Exercise 2 do not have to be both?
  • What makes exercise 3 different from exercise 1 and 2?

~ Aqua

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #220868 by Carlos.Martinez3
Back to Beginning

For this lesson, please complete the exercises below and give a bibliography of any sources that you used in your research.
•Exercise 1: What is the meaning and importance of 'didactics'?
•Exercise 2: What is the meaning and importance of 'semantics'?
•Exercise 3: What is the meaning and importance of 'etiquette'? (both in the physical world and in written form)
exercise 1....give definition and what it means to you
exercise 2...give definition and what it means to you
exercise 3...give definition and what it means to you
three different questions three different answers, that's kina the idea, to find the difference's if you see any..
might take a bit more research. pm if you need any more help

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220878 by
Thank you for your reaction on my question, and your offer to send you a personal message. I will send you a personal message. I would like to add my question that I will send you in PM to the forum as well. In case someone would like to respond to it just as much as you would.

,,(both in the physical world and in written form)''

What makes it important to add this question to lesson 3, and not to lesson 1 and 2?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220881 by
Etiquette can be considered especially important because it essentially refers to using "good manners" as we communicate. Didactics and Semantics may not be important at all if we are not employing proper etiquette during the conversation in the first place. This applies to written and face-to-face verbal communication.

You could always apply (both in the physical world and in written form) to the other two exercises as well if you'd like.

I hope this helps.

More
8 years 3 months ago #220886 by Edan
Try thinking of it less in terms of 'physical' or 'written' but simply in terms of behaviour.

Our behaviour manifests in many different places... one the phone, on the internet, in person, in the car etc. etc...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #220894 by

Senan wrote: You could always apply (both in the physical world and in written form) to the other two exercises as well if you'd like.
I hope this helps.

I like your spirit! I could apply it for sure :side: But that is not what I am seeking. The people who wrote it would have a special reason for only adding it to exercise 3. I bet that it was not a personal reason to do however, because I think that lesson 7 is not written out of personal desires for just exercise 3. So there must be a functional reason to add it only to exercise 3? Or was it just coincidence?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220902 by
Senan is on the right track. You're looking for a "right" answer - the only right answer is the one where you tell us what you know and feel about each. The question you're asking here should be something you cover in your answer, since for you, it is a question.

It's largely irrelevant what anyone else puts in their journal. You are not checked against other journals, only your own.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi