Time Management

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217927 by
Time Management was created by
I am wishing to further my studies along the initiate programme, but i am struggling to find the time between my college studies. Does anyone have any useful tips for time management?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217931 by
Replied by on topic Time Management
Managing time is quite a challenge. So much to do, so little time, as the valid saying goes. :)

What works for me is scheduling all my planned activities for a week, then determine which time period would I spent my studies. For each day, I'd spent an hour on the studies, then doing something else. Even if you're not done with the task, you can always do it the next day. But, may not be an hour, maybe two hours. However long you feel up to it.

You can put a "Do not disturb" sign on your door and make sure no one bothers you. If anyone ask - just say, you're studying, which is true.

At least, that works for me. Others may have better ideas.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217933 by

Zac-Ek Plast wrote: Managing time is quite a challenge. So much to do, so little time, as the valid saying goes. :)

What works for me is scheduling all my planned activities for a week, then determine which time period would I spent my studies. For each day, I'd spent an hour on the studies, then doing something else. Even if you're not done with the task, you can always do it the next day. But, may not be an hour, maybe two hours. However long you feel up to it.

You can put a "Do not disturb" sign on your door and make sure no one bothers you. If anyone ask - just say, you're studying, which is true.

At least, that works for me. Others may have better ideas.

Thank you :)
Guess ill try that, the trick i imagine is finding a balance between social life, academic studies and spiritual growth, something im assuming will become easier over time :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217937 by
Time management is hard for me somtimes. What I do to get through studies here is i add it on to what I would do for my school work.

So when I was done with my school work I would immediately do a lesson or two for here.

More
8 years 3 months ago #217952 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Time Management
You might continue to struggle as long as you see "spiritual growth" as something we do separately from everything else. ;)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217990 by
Pro is certainly right.

Also, you might come up with an A1 sauce list. Each night before you go to bed, put down your goals for the following day.
A = MUST BE DONE first thing.
B = Really should be done today.
C = Could be pushed off if A and B take all day.
D = Long term, not needed to do today.

Then, you assign each letter group a numbered list of goals. Here's an example day:
A1, Call Bob and get that deal signed.
A2, Grab lunch with the wife.
A3, Finish the Bob paperwork.
A4, journal at the end of the day! (Can go on to B/C)
B1, Do misc. paperwork on Lay deal.
B2, Do meditation/exercise.
C1, Call sister and ask about party next month
C2, Start TOTJO IP, lesson 1 part 1 (just listen!)
D, continue IP.

More
8 years 3 months ago #218001 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Time Management
A thing i do is to listen while i'm in the bus, while i'm walking, while i'm shopping etc.
Something to try out for you perhaps

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218005 by
I use a to do list and do one thing at a time. When done with item I decide what O should do next. I can only do one thing at a time and my day is a series of decisions. I never get through the full list. I do the best I can and start each day anew.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218006 by
First, you must realize there is no time. Only your perception of entropy, as all systems devolve.

Then you see you are only managing your prioritization of pending tasks and goals.

Part of the above is BS , but you get the idea.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218007 by
It is also important to make sure that you are not over scheduling yourself. Despite our best intentions, life happens. Do not neglect your social life or emotional well being for the sake of completing a few tasks. Your study may come in waves and you may find yourself more or less motivated as you move forward. This is okay! Set priorities and trust your instincts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi