Android Help. Specifically Samsung Galaxy S5

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217878 by
Having trouble downloading audio/video from the links in the Initiate programme. Can anyone give advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #217902 by Zenchi
Perhaps it's a browser issue, what are you using?

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217907 by
I'm using chrome. I suppose I could try to download Mozilla for android. Do you think that would help?

More
8 years 3 months ago #217908 by Edan
What is the actual problem when you're trying to download? Does it not try it to all, or does it say that you can't?

As for browsers, I've found Firefox and Dolphin both generally work fine.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217982 by
The specific problem is that there is no option to download the information. I can save the link, open it in a new page, etc, but I cant download the file; the option simply isn't there. It wants to let me stream it, but it's been advised that initiates do not do that.

More
8 years 3 months ago #217994 by Zenchi
I personally use dolphin and I've never had a problem with it, if you tried dolphin and the problem persists, pm me and we will go from there...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
8 years 3 months ago #217998 by Avalon

pgamache1984 wrote: The specific problem is that there is no option to download the information. I can save the link, open it in a new page, etc, but I cant download the file; the option simply isn't there. It wants to let me stream it, but it's been advised that initiates do not do that.

I had to mess around with this a bit, and I don't know if it'll work on a Galaxy S5, but this is what I was able to figure out in the mobile Chrome on my Moto X. Your experience may vary:

Under The Myth, the video files ought to automatically start downloading if you click that link. You're looking at 300+ MB a video though. The audio file, if you click the link, it'll navigate to a window with a play bar on it. Click and hold down the play bar and it should pop up the option of "save video". If you do that, it won't show you a download icon on your top bar (at least it didn't on mine), but if you go to your Data/Storage area, you'll see it increasing in size. Once it's done downloading, the download icon shows up. The file also won't show up in the "Downloads" area until after it's fully downloaded. Now, my phone wouldn't run the file (mp3) , but when I hooked it up to a computer via USB, it ran just fine. Or you can maybe look for an app that will run it? Same thing for the audio file under the Meditation lesson. The video file on that one is a youtube video, so no extra steps needed.

For the lesson under Self, both the text and the audio files automatically downloaded by simply clicking the links as zip files. Which, will again, require a separate app to open up. Or you could just USB it to a computer and open them on a computer.

The audio file for the Field will download the same way as above. The text file for turning point takes you to a dropbox file that, once downloaded, ought to open in Google Docs. The text file for the Field requires a open that will recognize it as a valid PDF file, which the Adobe PDF app won't...

That's my experience with how to get the documents via Chrome. Again, yours may vary. And at least on my phone, it ended up being pointless because none of them would run without finding extra apps and what not; I didn't download a full video, so those might work, but I have a feeling not.

You may have better luck, the right apps, etc... Or maybe another browser is the way to go. :)

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218010 by
Thanks for all the great responses. I'll try a few things out and see how it goes. I'll be on a small retreat the next few days so I probably won't be on the website. But thank you all, i'll see you soon.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218107 by
I downloaded Firefox and it worked. I can download the videos. Thanks everyone.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi