Applications of Jediism - what significance are Jedi making?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214694 by
I'm so curious to see what positive impact Jedi are making in the world together?

How many Jedi are you collaborating with?

What amazing benefit are you all making in the world as a Jedi team or community?

How are you achieving this amazing feat? :cheer:

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214699 by
At the moment, Jediism is very much a grass-roots movement, where we make small change in our individual communities to promote our wider ideals of unity, harmony and balance. We are not interested, as a Religion, in "converting" others to our way of thought, and as such we don't do a great deal in terms of "recruiting". This means our numbers remain relatively small; however the impact our individual members have on the communities around them can be very high, and when focused together here at the Temple the wider achievements of our membership can inspire others to achieve more themselves.

Like you I'd like to see global collaborative initiatives led by Jedi groups, or perhaps a wider Jedi coalition; in reality we still have work to do before that's a viable goal.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214705 by

Entropist wrote: what positive impact Jedi are making in the world together?

Jedi are providing a new prospective of spiritual practice for old world philosophies and views

How many Jedi are you collaborating with?

This cannot be collaborated by numbers or by community. However, Depending on where you look you will find groups of 20 - 30 Jedi working together from all over the world

Jedi Gatherings have been happening yearly since 2002
Jedi Chapters have been developing around 2008
Chicago Chapter being the largest Jedi Chapter at this time who meet weekly to train or socialize offline together

To just name a few examples

What amazing benefit are you all making in the world as a Jedi team or community?

Our amazing benefits are not as amazing as you would think :-p lol we are just a small time new age group that get together online and offline. Nothing different than anyother new age group. We just use the word and trappings of "Jedi" We don't really care for doing "Amazing things" anyways. We only want to practice what we believe and share it with others.

How are you achieving this amazing feat? :cheer:

Perseverance. ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214792 by

tzb wrote: Like you I'd like to see global collaborative initiatives led by Jedi groups, or perhaps a wider Jedi coalition; in reality we still have work to do before that's a viable goal.

Thank you, tzb : ) I'm really looking forward to see Jedi collaboration doing things in the community.

tzb wrote: At the moment, Jediism is very much a grass-roots movement, where we make small change in our individual communities

the impact our individual members have on the communities around them can be very high

I am now curious of the specific small changes, and details of the very high impact that Jedi do?

Kitsu Tails wrote: Jedi are providing a new prospective of spiritual practice for old world philosophies and views

Thank you, Kitsu Tails : ) I'm curious to know what practices you undertake to apply Jedi spirituality?

Kitsu Tails wrote: This cannot be collaborated by numbers or by community. However, Depending on where you look you will find groups of 20 - 30 Jedi working together from all over the world

Jedi Gatherings have been happening yearly since 2002
Jedi Chapters have been developing around 2008
Chicago Chapter being the largest Jedi Chapter at this time who meet weekly to train or socialize offline together

We only want to practice what we believe and share it with others.

Perseverance. ;)

I'm wondering what do Jedi groups do to apply Jedi practice when these groups get together?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214797 by

I'm curious to know what practices you undertake to apply Jedi spirituality?

The problem with this kind of thinking is the assumption that someone has to mold the Jedi Path around themselves by doing key feats and acts in order to be a Jedi.

I am a normal person. A mother of two daughters. A Wife to a wonderful husband. I stay at home and he works. I clean the house, help my children with homework, write fictional stories and........Do everything that any normal person would do.

I am simply spiritually aware of what I want and need in life, and I relate that to the doctrines, codes, behaviors and creeds of Jedi.

I'm wondering what do Jedi groups do to apply Jedi practice when these groups get together?

It depends on the individual Jedi that attend these things and what they themselves decide to bring for the event. Gatherings have had meditations, Shamanic Journeys, Sword training both in combat and in Chirography, Hand to Hand training, Yoga, Remote Viewing, Ball Tag Games, Arts and Crafts, Dancing, Saber Building Workshops, Search and Rescue, First Aide, Archery, Pistol/Rifle Safety Class, Weddings, Knighting Ceremonies......

The list goes on :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #214802 by

Kitsu Tails wrote:

I'm curious to know what practices you undertake to apply Jedi spirituality?

The problem with this kind of thinking is the assumption that someone has to mold the Jedi Path around themselves by doing key feats and acts in order to be a Jedi.

Would you explain why this thinking is a problem in the first place? When can a status be ever defined without an application, or without a practice?

I am simply spiritually aware of what I want and need in life, and I relate that to the doctrines, codes, behaviors and creeds of Jedi.

Relate is to have similarity, so what behaviour ie acts and applications do you relate to Jedi?

It depends on the individual Jedi that attend these things and what they themselves decide to bring for the event. Gatherings have had meditations, Shamanic Journeys, Sword training both in combat and in Chirography, Hand to Hand training, Yoga, Remote Viewing, Ball Tag Games, Arts and Crafts, Dancing, Saber Building Workshops, Search and Rescue, First Aide, Archery, Pistol/Rifle Safety Class, Weddings, Knighting Ceremonies......

The list goes on :)

I can see the swordplay, meditation, ranged combat, manufacture; but what's the application?

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #214807 by Proteus
How does one's kidney or liver contribute to the body? How can they ensure that they can improve and optimize it? Do they leave their positions in the body and go out to other areas of it to do things beyond what a kidney or liver would already naturally do? If they tried to, what do you think might happen?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214811 by

I can see the swordplay, meditation, ranged combat, manufacture; but what's the application?

Not sure I understand the question? Can you ask it in another way? The way it comes off to me right now is that the Application of Sword Work would be to work and practice with a sword. The Application of Meditation would be to Meditate.

Are you asking what these subjects have to do with Jedi?

If so the answer would simply be - It dosn't. It is just what Jedi bring forward to train because it is what they find connection towards. (And gives an offline social tool to work together and learn.)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #214812 by
Looks like this person believes being Jedi means that Jedi do ____. Jedi train to do ____.

It's a good question. One that makes sense to ask if you don't already know that Jedi don't necessarily "do" anything as a group.

More
8 years 3 months ago #214814 by Adder
At the moment probably not much in an organized fashion, as most of the effort is on the self - especially considering this is where most of the time is available to exert effort on!! From that the individual can do a lot better at doing the normal things normal people do. Not to say normal is insignificant, so perhaps normal is not the best word.

If manifest advantage can arise from that focus, then the focus will probably continue, and if enough people experience the same phenomena from similar practices then we might find some avenue to exert change in the broader community in a way which might somehow represent the Jedi path broadly.

So the question might be what would you like to do, and what do you think you need to do, or perhaps how do you think you might learn and grow the most.

All my stuff for example is just personal focus which empowers my normal engagement. The action comes from the mind, so I work the mind to improve the action. Things like swordplay are a chance to integrate the mind focus with the body focus so we have a mix of mental growth and physical growth. But on an individual level its easy to keep an open mind about opportunities which might appear to help others outside of your normal activities.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi