Trouble Accessing Material

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #126476 by
I will be the first to admit that often technology and I butt heads like Bighorn sheep during rutting season. Now is one of those times. I finally had some down time today to read and watch study material and start to write my reports (I see I am still listed as a Member, not a full fledged Temple Student. I'm wondering why that is, as I have posted my journal and signed oaths, etc. However, that is another topic), but even though I try to right click and save, my computer simply does not give me that option. I have the option to Open, that's it. The option to save is greyed out so I can't do as the directions tell me to. I am not asking to skip anything, but if it is impossible to stream video here, could somebody please provide links to the material where I can stream it?

I am eager to really begin training, and to show I am here in all seriousness. I am wondering if these things are on youtube, and will go looking for them. In the meantime, if anybody has any suggestions or links to help me out I would very much appreciate it.

May the Force Be With You All,

Xena

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 4 months ago #126477 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Trouble Accessing Material
PM Ren.... he is the guru of all things techy.... :lol:...

As to your rank, in the lessons, it tells you to contact me after posting the "hero" lesson...

Not everyone does the training, so we needed a "line" drawn...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #126496 by
Replied by on topic Trouble Accessing Material
Hi, Xena. :)

I'm guessing your problems are related to a particular file extension being associated with a certain program and/or at some point you may have (accidentally?) selected the equivalent of "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

If you're using a Windows PC, -you can try this- and see if that fixes your issue.

However, it might be more involved and require changes within your browser configuration, which I may or may not have the knowledge to help you with (depending on the browser that you're using).

An alternative, which I would suggest if it's not too complicated, is using a downloader program. That way you can simply copy/paste the desired URLs, start the downloads, and then run off to do your own thing while the files are downloading.

A while back, I posted -an explanation for doing this- with JDownloader (a free program).

(You'll need to have the latest Java Runtime Environment installed in order to run that program - and you'll likely want to disable the Java browser plugins after installation, since they are currently a security threat.)

I am happy to help if I can, so feel free to PM me anytime.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 4 months ago #126497 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Trouble Accessing Material
And when you left-click it doesn't work? (or give you the option to download?)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
10 years 4 months ago #126500 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Trouble Accessing Material
What operating system and version are you using? In Windows a right-click should give the options including save as.

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #126525 by
I'm using Windows, and if I left click it just tries to open the file (which the directions say to not do). I will try what you suggest, Arcade, thank you! :) Jestor, I see where I erred there...I haven't done the Hero assignment yet, since I can't access the material. lol I misread the FAQ instructions and throught that happened after the Journal was posted. I'll get there, yet! Slow and steady wins the race. :) Thank you all for your help, I will keep you posted. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #126541 by
Well, the Force finally is with me, and I have no idea what changed, but suddenly all is working as it's supposed to. I can't explain why, but now it will save and I can continue with my studies. Thanks for everyone's input, it's a bit of a mystery why all of a sudden it will work, when yesterday it was a no go, but I will not question it too much, just be happy it works. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi