Why Do People Shoot Strangers

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123756 by
THIS IS NOT A GUN CONTROL THREAD SO DON'T GET STARTED!

It's sad, very very sad.

In the last few days two young people shot strangers. What has happened to these people and what is in their minds that compels them to go out and shoot strangers? Where does the anger, hate or whatever come fome? These young men were troubled souls.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #123761 by Kohadre
Some people just want to kill, whether for fun or to make a fantasy become a reality.

So long and thanks for all the fish

More
10 years 5 months ago #123762 by Wescli Wardest
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that people just don't grasp the severity of their actions...

Attachment h52ff030.jpg not found

Man, as a whole, tends to be very short sighted and pre-occupied with his own desires.

Monastic Order of Knights
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123763 by
Replied by on topic Why Do People Shoot Strangers
While some people kill people that they know intimately, there are others who kill strangers. They are serial killers and mass murderers.

These serial killers, who are often physically, emotionally and sexually abused as children, become revengeful against a particular group, be they blacks or women, gays or Hispanics, whom they kill indiscriminately until they are caught by police. Many such serial killers have psychopathic and sociopathic personalities.

The really scary ones are the ones that kill for the shear pleasure. They suffered very little abuse when they were young and seem to have been raised by very normal families.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123774 by
These folks seemed like regular people under some kind of self imposted or emotional distress. They didn't do it for fun or are serial killers and mass murderers.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that people just don't grasp the severity of their actions...

How does that happen...stress I think but what kind?

More
10 years 5 months ago #123777 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Why Do People Shoot Strangers
I think everyone is capable of great violence, we are taught it from an early age. Most people have restraint and don't go around shooting strangers, but those who do are usually no different from you and I.
People don't always have the same reality and anger and rage is normal to some, they don't necessarily go out and shoot people, sometimes it's the quiet, even tempered folk.
Everyone has a limit. :evil:

Everything is belief

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123784 by

Rickie The Grey wrote: These folks seemed like regular people under some kind of self imposted or emotional distress.

"Seemed" is a key word here. There is too much information missing to make an accurate analysis. It be interesting to read the article.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 5 months ago #123786 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Why Do People Shoot Strangers
If I cooked 7 billion cakes I wouldn't expect every single one of them to come out right.

Also humans are pack animals. While some of us aren't interested in power, most of us don't want to be at the bottom. As such anyone who feels too close to the bottom will take action to climb up in the hierarchy... As wescli brilliantly expressed, to take another's life is to completely crush everything they are and will be. That's a lot of power.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
10 years 5 months ago #123787 by Kohadre

ren wrote: If I cooked 7 billion cakes I wouldn't expect every single one of them to come out right.

I see your running the desert cartel with Alexandre and Jestor there Ren.

Alexandre has the tea, Jestor takes care of the cookies, and your in charge of the cakes.

Its all coming together.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123811 by

Rickie The Grey wrote: What has happened to these people and what is in their minds that compels them to go out and shoot strangers? Where does the anger, hate or whatever come fome?

I ask myself these questions and more on quite a regular basis and I still have no answers. I suspect I never will.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi