• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #117126 by
Replied by on topic Going out in public

Jestor wrote: Do you have robes?

Actually...I do, about 4 function sets.

DO you wear them every day?

I do not, mostly because my secular job had a specific dress code that I must follow. What I wear at home is whatever I wear at home. I do wear them...at least once (sometimes twice) a week...out in public even!! They are monastic robes btw.

I am seeing the reason of hassle from non-jedi as valid as any other reason...

Yes...

As robes are not a part of our culture, in this world, they is not worth dying for...

Robes are NOT a part of our belief system, so this is kind of a moot point..lol...

100% agree. My point was that the wearing or non-wearing of them should be based upon personal preference...NOT on, essentially, what others think of you - and that the Doctrine fully supports the wearing of them on many different levels (without explicitly stating to wear robes).

Hence...wear then if you like, or don't. But if you choose to do so, one should feel supported in that decision by the Jedi Doctrine, and thus be free of the burden of non-Jedi lookers-in. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #117127 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Going out in public

JohnsonMD wrote: one should feel supported in that decision by the Jedi Doctrine, and thus be free of the burden of non-Jedi lookers-in.

One should be free from that burden by freeing their mind; support from Doctrine is inconsequential.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Brenna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi