Degree points

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345190 by Carlos.Martinez3
As synod - we can agree and bring this to the Council.
Should the seminary work be counted as degree points for the Degree scheme.
I would love to hear from every one - - existing council as well.
What do you think?
Should we vote as Synod to allow all seminary lessons and work be counted as credit for the Degree scheme?
It is a Honorary Degree in Divinity.
What’s your thoughts ?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Upon completions of our seminary you can receive a Diploma of graduation.
What about points toward the Degree?
Should we change that and add that ? No - floors open !

Edit : bring any reason for or against - bylaws rules anything - let’s find out

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345199 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Degree points
Truthfully every lesson in the degree scheme is worth points.
Graduation of seminary should or can be worth points tword the degree- we can grant them right in the certificate of completion.
I would say maybe - ten maybe maybe more ? What say y’all?

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Kobos

More
4 years 4 months ago #345273 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic Degree points
I think Seminary Training should be included in the DQS as well.

Are you suggesting each seminary lesson be worth 10 points?

The Force is with you, always.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345274 by Raxicorico
Replied by Raxicorico on topic Degree points
I certainly agree that the seminary should count towards the degree scheme. They are still lessons after all and can be assigned point values (I don't think each lesson should be worth 10 points, but certainly some lump sum of points for completing the seminary). I seem to remember at one point the seminary was actually a part of progression in the degree scheme. Is this no longer the case?

More
4 years 4 months ago #345278 by Carlos.Martinez3
Mi culpa - what I’m saying is that the seminary graduation be worth a whole ten or something numerical
Like that

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345283 by J. K. Barger
I see. Sounds good to me; we would just need to fit it in with the DQS. Last time I checked, the Education Administration was lagging. Can you use your Council might to shake that back into motion? Maybe get some inter-department dialogue going on?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 4 months ago #345284 by Carlos.Martinez3
Before we do that what are we looking at ?

My thoughts were that the entire seminary be worth a small chunk of points for completion tword the degree scheme- after all - most lessons are from the knights and clergy who already have lessons submitted for the degree scheme. Makes sense to me any work done here would be worth value as far as points for the honorary degrees we give out. I know I know it ain’t about points but it’s a start right ? Maybe -
Each lesson is about 2-3 points and it’s about 100 for the a.div and a extra 200 for the b.div.
I would say 10-15 depending on involve t content and such as the pastor of seminary and team award them that. Another sticky to Rax to talk about! But what you think?

Build, not tear down.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345327 by Raxicorico
Replied by Raxicorico on topic Degree points
I'd totally be game to assign certain small point values to each of the lessons. The entirely of the seminary is a collection of lessons written by numerous members of the clergy and has gone a rigorous peer-review process starting with the seminary team, going through the synod, the rest of the clergy who were active at the time, and ending with the council. To my knowledge, the lessons in the degree scheme have not been subject to a similar procedure, so if we get some point values assigned I have no doubt it will complement the rest of the lessons quite nicely.
In regards to determining the number of points, here would be my recommendation which I'll get working on as soon as I get the thumbs up: The seminary team will go through the seminary lessons and based on the current approximate point values of the degree scheme assign what we think would be an appropriate number of points. Each of these point values would be divided in two (rounded down) and that value be the point equivalent for the Degree Scheme. It's devaluing the seminary lessons, but they're working for licensed minister anyways. That way even if someone is only partway through the seminary they can still apply those points to their degree progression.
Another consideration: we also have continued education courses under construction within the seminary. Would we like to assign point values to these as well? That's, of course, a bit more substantial of a pitch to make, but probably best to get out in the open earlier rather than later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 4 months ago #345328 by Carlos.Martinez3
Since there isn’t that many I would be opposed to one point value each. Flat across the board. Worth value but not enough for any dramma - ya know?

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

More
4 years 4 months ago #345329 by J. K. Barger
I agree with both of you- maybe the value is small, to encourage the completion of more lessons, and I think that we should consider giving a value to the “Continuing Education” lessons; that way, we have a greater field of materials to work from that may appeal to a greater audience.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi