——Church——

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #339751 by
Replied by on topic ——Church——

Athena_Undomiel wrote: I am quite sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that nowhere in the many facets of this Temple, does it state that we are following an Abrahamic guideline of what defines a church...all of the conditioned respiratory ses and dictionary definitions are based around the Abrahamic faiths...."a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet."

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to say- could you please clarify for me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #339752 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic ——Church——
No - I’m asking what’s it - this idea -to you and how do we incorporate it... if we can - here. I wanna know what each person thinks and feels - no matter where it comes from or what type of practice. That’s what I’m asking. Labels mean very little for me when it comes to religion and ideas - it’s the practices and what they can create that can be more helpful than the labels themselves ... and even being able to get around them without others getting caught on em.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
4 years 10 months ago #339755 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic ——Church——

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: No - I’m asking what’s it - this idea -to you and how do we incorporate it... if we can - here. I wanna know what each person thinks and feels - no matter where it comes from or what type of practice. That’s what I’m asking. Labels mean very little for me when it comes to religion and ideas - it’s the practices and what they can create that can be more helpful than the labels themselves ... and even being able to get around them without others getting caught on em.

I think a lot of it just comes from chilling. As it pertains to TOTJO I think hanging in the chats once in a bit, or having some light hearten and even down right goofy active discussions. I know I like to reply to the threads burning on controversial, heavy philosophical, when I do post these day. But, I think making a concerted effort for those light conversations to exist in unison (on an active level) would give it some of the feeling you are talking about Carlos.

Just a thought,
Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, ZealotX

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339904 by
Replied by on topic ——Church——
I think of the temple as a mystery school not a regular church. It is here to guide initiates to a new stage and deeper immersion into the mysteries of the force. It should have a solid structure for smooth operation but enough freedom to allow individuals to grow. It should provide the means and techniques for advancement but without stopping individual expression do the principles. Spirituality is both an art and science. Mentors are there as checks and balances to prevent ego trips and other psychological imbalances that are common to spirituality everywhere, to help the novice grasp the basics of the doctrine and technique. The order should have its own cannon of myth to provide a psychological framework to build our experiences with the Force. This will work as safe guard against wrong doctrine. Also deeper understanding of the Force should become the goal and how we find our salvation in the unity. To find the essence of beauty in both unity and variety. To stress the inner life and to make our outer life a living embodiment of that inner self. To become a channel for the force.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339909 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic ——Church——
I always saw it as a support service for ones own Jedi path, as such the Doctrine served not as a 'religious doctrine' but more like a military one - the former serving as dogma for belief and the later as an evergreen guidance document for action. Thus the Doctrine was broad yet encompassing. The scope of it them serving to define which paths could be served by being grouped together, rather then relying on individual interpretations of labels from fiction. Instead the labels from fiction at times just served people on similar paths rather then serving people using similar labels.

In that regard I see an inner focus on critical and analytical refinements, a self focus on body and mind awareness and connection, and an outer focus on empathy, understanding and cooperation.

I think it's easy for that inner to shift or expand to focus outwards and become a bit too judgmental as a result. But keeping them as distinct vehicles is one way to push them without them having unintended negative consequences. For me, my inner focus is Vajrayana, Taoism and science for example.

So what a platform like a website can offer is only limited by its design, functioning and interfaces.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, Kobos

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #339914 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic ——Church——

Adder wrote: I always saw it as a support service for ones own Jedi path, as such the Doctrine served not as a 'religious doctrine' but more like a military one - the former serving as dogma for belief and the later as an evergreen guidance document for action. Thus the Doctrine was broad yet encompassing. The scope of it them serving to define which paths could be served by being grouped together, rather then relying on individual interpretations of labels from fiction. Instead the labels from fiction at times just served people on similar paths rather then serving people using similar labels.

In that regard I see an inner focus on critical and analytical refinements, a self focus on body and mind awareness and connection, and an outer focus on empathy, understanding and cooperation.

I think it's easy for that inner to shift or expand to focus outwards and become a bit too judgmental as a result. But keeping them as distinct vehicles is one way to push them without them having unintended negative consequences. For me, my inner focus is Vajrayana, Taoism and science for example.

So what a platform like a website can offer is only limited by its design, functioning and interfaces.

All we can do is provide the information and the Jedi follows his/her Path.... Doesn't matter if there is no faith base, has a faith based, it's all up to that one's path is what I've always believed and always tried to reassure.. THANK YOU!!

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Neaj Pa Bol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

More
4 years 9 months ago #339943 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic ——Church——

I always saw it as a support service for ones own Jedi path, as such the Doctrine served not as a 'religious doctrine' but more like a military one

Military doctrine has the (benefit?) of not offering a lot of room for individualism, and in the event that there is a misunderstanding, the Powers That Be, update or clarify said doctrine.

You don't need to worry about what your "inner self" tells you to wear to express yourself - you just read the relevant paragraph, and all of your "what to wear" questions are answered.

I daresay, whether they like it or not, some people looking for a Jedi path would benefit from such "guidance", though they might rail against it at first (or endlessly)

People don't like being told how to do things (for some reason), even if it can be demonstrated that by doing the things they are told to do, they will get the results they want.

For hilarity, try reading almost any forum ever - endless new members asking the same questions, suggesting "ideas" or methods that every experienced member knows to fail (or at least, often fail), then getting emotional when the "old guard" more or less say "We've given you the advice, like it or lump it, see ya later"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 9 months ago #339945 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic ——Church——
Orders are different to doctrine.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 9 months ago #339946 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic ——Church——

Adder wrote: Orders are different to doctrine.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaayy different...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi