The Block

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #370511 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
It is surly a Monday in my own home. Today we woke groggy and tired and so very wary of this past week. Talk about stress, we are trying to buy a farm in Texas and we are on our THIRD closing extension. Needless to say, the will of the family has been tested hard and daily.

Our Maxim on Courage

Courage: To have the will.

To be a Jedi sometimes means choosing the more difficult path, the personally expensive one. A Jedi knows they must make the right choice, take the right side and that the weak they have sworn to defend often stand alone. A Jedi puts aside fear, regret, and uncertainty YET knows the difference between courage and sheer stupidity.

What is the right choice for you and who can make it? In the grand theater of life, it is YOU who can make those calls.

Do you know the difference between courage and stupidity? Do you know the difference in your path?
If we but only ask our self questions, we could have so much more than we did yesterday.

Have courage, not stupidity. Stupidity does things like NOT listen and not take heed when given it.

As I reflect on my own path, I have done some pretty stupid things. None more than that of not taking heed for what it is worth.

Each of us has choices no one else can make for us. The easiest are wardrobe and styles of hair, the not so easy is where to find character and honor and faithfulness. These things seem to be what a Jedi seek.
Have the courage to make your own choices and be the main character of your own tale. There is a magic when this happens in literature and there is a magic that happens in REAL life when it is understood as well. Have the will to do you Jedi. Remember that we CAN put aside things like FEAR, REGRET, and UNCEARTAINTY.

This simple collected truth reminds us that as we make our own decisions, we may be alone. We may be the only ones. Thats ok too. Not everyone is called to be mentors or teachers. What we are called to do is sometimes clear in our path. Other ideas we have to think and seek and wait for are not NO's. Character takes will. Will is needed. Do you have the will? What is your will derived from? Take some time this week to resolve your will. Remind yourself why you do what it is you do.

Courage: To have the will.

To be a Jedi sometimes means choosing the more difficult path, the personally expensive one. A Jedi knows they must make the right choice, take the right side and that the weak they have sworn to defend often stand alone. A Jedi puts aside fear, regret, and uncertainty yet knows the difference between courage and sheer stupidity.

If it is in the realm of human potential, it can be done. Some ones already done it. Do it or figure it out.
Something to think about this week.
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #370572 by Carlos.Martinez3
A Tenet is a principal belief. As a chosen Jedi, we have 3 here.

Focus
Knowledge
Wisdom
To know how to delight and arrange these in an order that is healthy can be done by any person on planet Earth.

Any Jedi can have a balance of observance.

Focus can help us pay attention to the things that matter to us. Where does your focus lay? Where does your attention go? Identify where it goes and why.

Knowledge- What do you do with everything you have learned so far? What is it making and bringing to your own path? What are the results of your assessing or keeping these focuses? What are they making you become? What ARE YOU becoming?

Wisdom- what is wisdom to you? How do you treat and use it?

To be quite honest, there is a huge mix of possibility and potential to just these three ideas and in this way. One watches out for the other in a way.

When used correctly, the Jedi Tenets allow us to better ourselves and overcome any obstacle. They help us improve the world around us and fulfil our purpose in life as a Jedi.

Pastor Carlos — Today at 5:59 AM
Focus
[5:59 AM]
Knowledge (edited)
[5:59 AM]
Wisdom
[6:00 AM]
Good morning and May the Force be with you were ever you are today
[6:01 AM]
There are three ideas in a basket or together I would love to remind y'all about
[6:02 AM]
When kept together, these three ideas can be as IRON that sharpens other Iron
Tenets are a basic and principal belief
[6:03 AM]
The BACIS idea is this- what you look at, when you read- what you listen to or watch or put in our hearts and minds and souls - go in
[6:04 AM]
There is an old OLD computer term called G.I.G.O. or Garbage in, Garbage out
It can remind us that we are the way we are because of our FOCUS
Where OUR attention goes
[6:05 AM]
What we put in will come out.
This applies to every Jedi as well as every human
[6:06 AM]
When I realized this for my own self, I did realize I was some days, putting a snake in a box and shaking it all day then getting mad because the snake struck. I will start with music.
[6:07 AM]
I have kids and some of the songs at night I used to sing to them were...not kid friendly and the content of the ideas were not what I really wanted to pass
It was when I paid a bit more attention to what songs I choose that made the tone of things change
[6:08 AM]
We can create or find a healthy balance with anything we come in contact with
IT TAKES FOCUS
after that ... then what- after we find the things we would like to change then what?
[6:09 AM]
Knowledge
There can come a time when we AQUIRE more or what we do need
[6:10 AM]
The Knowledge part of the TENTS reminds us we must seek
TURN YOUR SEEK ON!
Look for things
find them
Find the things you need
Know... what you need and what you DONT need
[6:11 AM]
What do I do with everything I have learned? Here is a good question for every Jedi and human....
Do you think you will ever know it all ?
[6:12 AM]
Wisdom comes in many forms with the same info
Same ideas and same truths, just different applications sometimes.
Do you think we will ever know everything and how everyone does it?
[6:13 AM]
hmm
[6:14 AM]
Is there wisdom in the same truths and in the same ideas that everyone else has? Yes, is all of it for YOU ...
well , no
but that's the kicker... to figure out which is which
[6:15 AM]
A seek like that, can last TWO lifetimes.

The seek of "finding" or " search " is a good idea
[6:19 AM]
Turn the seek on and see what the three Tenets bring you
Keep Focus Knowledge and Wisdom as guides and you can not go far or wrong
[6:20 AM]
These can be three TINY SET screws that can set sooooooooo much into motion
[6:21 AM]
By adjusting them and the ideas they represent, you can fill books and homes and LIBRARYS full of experiences and life changing times.
[6:22 AM]
The potentials are exponential
[6:23 AM]
If it helps, think of these three ideas as GATES
doors
windows
openings to something else (edited)
[6:24 AM]
In a rut or stuck?
Can not see clearly or just got a bit confused or even turned over??? Have you lost your way? (edited)
[6:25 AM]
Focus
Knowledge (edited)
Wisdom
They are there for reminders and potentials to give us hope
[6:26 AM]
There is hope in knowing YOU are the one in charge of your path.
One of the many ways we do this is self-reflection
Remember who you are
[6:27 AM]
Remember HOW you are, you.
[6:28 AM]
Remember YOU can choose your Focus and your own Knowledge to keep and where you get your Wisdom from.
[6:28 AM]
How you display- what's inside, is who you are.
[6:29 AM]
See how that works?
[6:31 AM]
I hope this helps
[6:31 AM]
I will be around for a bit off and on today, but I WILL BE CHECKING for those who have need.
[6:32 AM]
The CONTACT THE CLERGY is up and running so if anyone has need or if any Clergy member would like to help just see me any time. Its free and painless and can be done anywhere lol

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kyledove

More
1 year 4 months ago #370573 by Kyledove
Replied by Kyledove on topic The Block
Knight Ashria and myself just had a conversation about this very thing the other day. We as people can get lost and see our inner compus going in circles. The forest is lost through the trees so to speak. Those are the times that require us to just stop and just breathe, rethink where we are and where it is we are heading. Just as a general PSA, you(we) are not alone...seek out that light in the darkness, call to it, in that time of need you will find it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Ashria

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #370645 by Carlos.Martinez3
Do you know when to fight and when NOT to fight?

We all develop in the same way. There may be difference in timing and who takes us through it, and where it all happens but, for the most part, we develop as humans in a similar way. It DOES seem that this world often "promotes" confrontation and arguments.

Do you know when it's time for action or non-action?

Knowing the difference between action and non-action can help one find the balance between healthy and unhealthy some days.
The goal here in a place like this is to reflect in a healthy way.

Conflict: To know when to fight.

A Jedi knows the conflicting nature of the Force but they also know its peace and serenity. A Jedi does not blindly enter into conflict and strives to do so for the greater good.

Intervention: To know when not to act.

A Jedi knows how inaction can have as great an impact as action and how some of the greatest lessons are self-taught. To be a victor is also taking that victory from those you protect. A Jedi intervenes only when a Jedi's intervention is required.

These are the last two in the Maxims. The last one states that through all of the seek of these things we can have a Harmony in it and during our seek.

I am a natural fighter and a DO-er. I will never quit or even fail if I fail the first time. I expect it some days.
I know I will fail some days and that is ok too.

Some days, we can reflect and see what we may have missed in the past. This is one of the JOYS of reflections and Journaling... you - YOU will find things YOU missed or have of importance.

ONE OF THE BIGGEST things I have done in my own reflections is to STEP back a bit. To turn around in your own path is to sometimes be able to see what you're doing and how you're doing it.

To know... means you found out a few things so, what do you find out?

Know when to fight and when ... NOT TO FIGHT.

Just a weekly reminder from our doctrine that if we stop and reflect, we can see a few things MORE.

If your lost, find your Doctrine and Philosophy and brush up on it.
May the Force be with y'all
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Antares

More
1 year 4 months ago #370709 by Carlos.Martinez3
Happy Monday and beginning of the week.

Jedi Teaching number Nine says:

9. Jedi have integrity. We are authentic to what we believe and are open, honest and true to our purpose and our minds. We remove all masks to reveal ourselves as courageous and noble of heart. We do not hide from fear of damage to our image because we know that our image cannot be blemished from the words and actions of others.

When no one is looking, when no one is around, those are sometimes the time for action. A Jedi has HONOR but where they get it from is up to them. Where does your INTEGRITY come from? When no one is around, how do you act? Better still, where does your mind, heart, and soul go when your alone? What do you RETURN to? Knowing WHAT you believe and reminding yourself of your own causes can be a very much needed thing for some. Sometimes, I need to be reminded of who I love and WHY. It is not that I forget, or they do not mean that much to me. There are times we as humans get occupied with life. Life WILL demand our attention. It is good and HEALTHY to remember why you do things and why your serve or chose to act the way we do. Our Doctrine belongs to the human and the Jedi. We can keep things in our hearts and minds.
Our INTEGRITY comes in when no one can be around. As Jedi, we choose where we get our HONOR from. That is a human thing too. You as a human have every right to have a balance of your own and to have a brand or a goal of HONOR to display or represent. It is not a mask if you represent the idea. Just saying. That is also the idea too and reminder, removing of masks can identify what's really there.

So - what is really there? Where does your INTEGRITY and HONOR come from and what do they entail? That's the million-dollar question.

9. Jedi have integrity. We are authentic to what we believe and are open, honest and true to our purpose and our minds. We remove all masks to reveal ourselves as courageous and noble of heart. We do not hide from fear of damage to our image because we know that our image cannot be blemished from the words and actions of others.

Hope this helps this week.
May the Force be with you
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Devi Ruh, Rini

More
1 year 4 months ago #370754 by Carlos.Martinez3
Greed

One of the biggest OBSTICLES for any Jedi and HUAMN is our own Greed.

To manage Greed- What does a Jedi do and how do you combat it? Is greed ok or is it something we can be aware of.

Selfless can be an opposite of greedy. In fact, this is one of the universal ideas we share with one another.

Anakin:
Mom, you said that the biggest problem in the universe is no one helps each other."
Phantom Menace

Our paths are our own. The level we choose to participate is always up to us.
There is a very real mood in the word. It is so common that we understand it to be almost a natural thing. Un touched, our greed can naturally grow in ways we did not intend it to.

One remedy for this human factor is The Selfless.
In my own path, I have different ways to do this. One is in my mind; I think about others or TRY to.

In our 16 teachings- the theme is almost you and others. I want to encourage every JEDI to have and evaluate your Codes, Maxims, Teachings, Philosophy and Doctrine.

What does your Selfless path look like? This week, do you need a RESET? Re - set yourself. Check your path and see how much GREED had a grip on things. THINGS change when you change the flow. Change the flow.

Greed VS. Selflessness

GO!

Have a great week and may the Force be with Y'all
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kyledove

More
1 year 4 months ago #370756 by Kyledove
Replied by Kyledove on topic The Block
Very nice. Gives something to ponder and meditate about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #370822 by Carlos.Martinez3
Harmony: To be connected to the Force.

A Jedi seeks to live in harmony with the Force, for that is the reason to be a Jedi. To better understand its ways, to better know one's place within it.

Good day and good Monday Jedi everywhere.

Jedi have this BALANCE that is only, THEM. Yoda said "Do or do not, there is no try. " In the thick of things is where we find life. To be in the Force is to be alive. Our own harmony comes from our own "seek. " This week, think on this if you like ..
Where would you be without the "seek" of the Force? What would YOU be seeking? Balance can be a vital part of our path. We can MAKE it or find it.

As Jedi, there is a peace that comes from this seek. No one is perfect and no one ever will be. That's not the goal. What is?

Harmony

This week think about that if you like. We can create discord and frustration just the same way we make peace- love- pardon- faith-hope-light- and joy. How? By doing it. Give it. You know if you do - it does come back and it does make a difference. Keep and give what you need... think about that this week.
May the Force be with y'all this week
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devi Ruh

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #370867 by Carlos.Martinez3
Jedi teaching number eight states this...

8. Jedi are patient. We work on training ourselves not to precipitate events around us. We know that becoming a Jedi is long and hard and requires rigorous dedication and commitment. Jedi train to act with a conscientious state of calmness.

There is a calmness that can be had. After time, there is a peace that dwells in what YOU do.

We are reminded of the long and time-consuming effort it takes to develop our paths. Rarely does a path happen overnight or "INSTANTLY." To live a Jedi life, one must choose to want to be a Jedi, after that- PICK a Doctrine to study, HOPEFULLY, it's your own.

To act in a state of calmness or to be in one, requires time and effort. Active effort every day. What type of effort are you putting in or are we peddling? Is it actual calm? How do we share it? How do we find it? What does it look like? Is an example enough?

We have reached the maximum extent of our ability to try to buy a house. We are out of money, effort and will. The housing market is so mixed up and currently there are 1.7 million Veterans trying to move to Texas at the same time we were. Yet, in the mix of LIFE- winter showed up with or without a place to stay. We did find a rental property and now we are in a forward motion.

We got eggs in the incubator yesterday. We just got internet up and running at the rental farm.

Life is always full. There is no doubt of that. Being a Jedi DOES NOT MAKE IT EASIER. Please don't think we preach and teach happiness and lollipops, all the time. What we do preach and teach is the BOON of patience and character.
There is a peace in trying and life. There is a peace you can have in what we think is failure and sometimes, failure isn't failure. Sometimes, we meet our path or partners in the THICK of things or in the pits of life.
See the movie Solo.
Stay your course and keep on. Life will happen. Count on it. Count on your own study and ideas as well. Fall on your Doctrine whether it be ours or your own culture (s) in your path.

Taken from Discord
Today is Monday and the start of a new week !
If you were ready, the week happened
If you were not, it still happened
It is my hope that each time we do this, it draws YOU closer to your own path and culture
8. Jedi are patient. We work on training ourselves not to precipitate events around us. We know that becoming a Jedi is long and hard and requires rigorous dedication and commitment. Jedi train to act with a conscientious state of calmness.
Jedi teaching number 8
There IS a state of calm we as Jedi can have
There IS a state of calm we can share
There IS a state of calm we can seek
There IS a state of calm we can have and find
In the seek... in our own time of searching and asking and REFLECTION we can find a peace knowing that we WILL find what we seek
Let me say it again....
Seek and you WILL find
[6:06 AM]
It may not be wat EXACTLY you are looking for but you WILL find something
Thats how life works.
If you have no direction - there you will be
with no direction
We as Jedi strive to cultivate the Jedi path or the Jedi way
There is a reminder that we ...
train ourselves not to precipitate events around us
Thats where the peace comes from
Inside
The seek inside
If your like me, I do forget things
Having a place or somewhere to physically go is a .... GIFT
Having doctrine to reflect on or to think on is key.
Have it down somewhere
Make a space in your house room life or path
Make a sacred spot
HAVE IT
Having that which you CAN seek makes things flow
Flow is sometimes the idea of life
never stagnation
Things happen with or without us
this is life
We can be up or down or on the way up or on the way down, the WHEEL OF FORTUNE always spins. Life happens
For life, we have doctrine and philosophy
If you feel lost or alone, REVIEW your Doctrine and your own Philosophy.
Find out whats the hullaballoo
There is a calm in knowing the seek is ON
turn it on
[6:16 AM]
then --- live in the NOW
Have a mental library of ideas and things to try and seek but know you can only live one life at a time. And thats ok too
We are patient
Jedi are patient.
[6:20 AM]
The BOON or the goal and gift of seeking and searching and reflecting can be a state of calm that can be- helpful.
Remember, it is calming to see the calm.
Calmness begets itself always
inside
It IS contagious
go figure hu, being is a actual present state of calm DOES calm those around us
What a ripple to send today hu???
so this week - if you like - send the calm
be the calm
It does require time and effort
but it is worth it at EVERY and Any level

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
1 year 3 months ago #370941 by Carlos.Martinez3
2. Jedi maintain a clear mind; which can be achieved through meditation and contemplation. Our minds can become unduly troubled and concerned with the happenings of the world. We must work on overcoming our individual issues through training and diligence.

Good day and Time zone and happy Monday Temple of the Jedi Order.

Jedi Teaching number two states we can have a clear mind. This year seems to be one too many people and not enough hours in the day, for me. I do have a feeling like this next year will go by just as fast. There is always plenty to do on a farm and in our paths, there are many things we can pay attention to. During this holiday season I want to remind every Jedi that we can reach the point of LIMIT. Every person has a limit and every love has one too. Things will go on in the world and sometimes we can feel attached to everything we see.

To MAINTAIN means to have and actively work on. Stopping to think and meditate helps. There is so much benefit from it that I can encourage everyone to start or get a routine down. I recommend morning times and Mondays but that's me. Have a place you can go to think. Have it. When you do, use it. Set aside time and make the effort. It helps. Place what YOU need there. Part of our own "TRAINING" is finding our own balances in how we schedule our own lives. It is up to us some days the path or paths we take. It is up to us the flow we want to take.
Some days I wake up thirsty.
This morning there was BIG RED in my fridge. Big Red is a cream soda that's red made in Texas. It is a super sweet favorite of mine. I can drink it flat or cold or even just room temperature. It is hard to find in the state of Illinois. Possible. I have found two places here that sells it so I stocked up for the holidays. Knowing that we have limits can help create a flow that recharges us. I stay stocked on a few things but as a farm we have to buy in bulk. The same can be said for our own personal paths. A Knight is sometimes alone in their search and Jedi usually stand alone in their seek. But in the pursuit of character and path, we find that we all go through the same development.

Create a place for you that you can go to when you need it. Pick those things that you want to learn. Choose the path you go. Have it handy. Some days you may need it, some days you may not but you can have it ready when you are in need. Place your favorite books, reads or authors at your fingertips.

It helps.

2. Jedi maintain a clear mind; which can be achieved through meditation and contemplation. Our minds can become unduly troubled and concerned with the happenings of the world. We must work on overcoming our individual issues through training and diligence.

Have a space
Find a space
Make a space
Keep a space
We as Jedi MUST WORK on overcoming our individual issues. Train and be diligent.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi