A question of The Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41715 by
Replied by on topic Re:A question of The Force.
SidAnDunn, I feel you completely! That kind of thing happens all the time for me. I'm also very sensitive to people's emotions and how they come across. Whenever I break down my parents' responses to things, they tell me I'm too sensitive. My mom gets angry at me, even. I've learned to brush it off, though. She might learn one day. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 7 months ago #41719 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: A question of The Force.
empathy...it's actually a pretty common ability, though many don't fully understand it. it is very useful for avoiding and diffusing hostilities. the stronger the emotion the easier it is to sense...even if it's residual, and it can be used with animals...

precognition...also a rather common ability, also misunderstood.clairvoyance/claiaudience both fall under it...useful for predicting the actions of others...i use it to avoid harm...for example a couple months ago i was walking to the store and cut between 2 buildings that didn't have a sidewalk in front of them so as soon as you come out from between them there was always the chance of getting hit by a vehicle. as i came out from between, in mid step something told me to stop, so i did with 1 foot off the ground and just as i pulled that foot back an suv went past just 8 inches from my face...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149695 by
Replied by on topic A question of The Force.
I wasn't raised in a religious family but i had quite a few friends that would take me to church with them every now and then. But i never really felt any connection at any of them. The first time I would say i had a religious/force experience was when a friend of mine took me to the universal unitarian church that he went to. I found myself sitting in the Tao class. They were giving a class on meditation. I began feeling very relaxed and then had a vision of being in the woods. I could see a deer in the distance facing away from me. All of a sudden the deer looked in my direction and then sprinted off. It startled me and i quickly opened my eyes and felt this rush as if i was being pulled back into that room. Its very hard for me to explain that one.

The next experience I had was around the time I turned 18. I had just been kicked out of my parents house and was go through some hard times. Then one day i was walking down the street and this elderly woman came up to me saying she just felt i need it this and handed me a rosary. The next week it happened again, just a different woman. This kept happening until i had 5 rosaries. I always just associated rosary beads with the catholic church so one sunday i decided to go to my first mass and see if I could get an explanation from someone. I had no idea what to do or what was going on but that was the first time that i really enjoyed a christian service. After the service was done the priest was at the main entrance shaking peoples hands as they left. I tried to be one of the last ones out so i could speak with him. I explained the entire story to him and even pulled out all the rosary beads to show him. I asked him what it meant and he simply answer "well, someone must really want you here." Although i haven't been baptized yet I fell i can connect with the catholic church and there teachings more than any other christian denomination.

The next experience of mine was when i was at Fort Benning, GA for army basic training. My oldest daughter had turned one while i was away, my wife was pregnant with our second daughter and i had just gotten a letter from her that she was having some complications with the pregnancy and the doctors said there was an 80% chance of her having a miscarriage. This was the most stressful time for me during basic. I was in the chow hall and just sat down with my food and decided to bow my head and say a prayer. I was asking God to please look after my family and to keep all three of them safe. As i neared the end of my prayer i felt a hand rest on my knee and this feeling that everything was going to be ok. I looked beside me but there was no one sitting beside me at all. I quickly remembered the deer in the woods and felt like it was a same type of experience. My youngest daughter was born full term.

My most recent experience was Dec 2013/ Jan 2014. When my youngest daughter was nine months old we found out that she was born with a heart defect. The doctors decided to wait a few months to operate. She had two open heart surgeries in december and a 3rd in january. MY wife and i stayed at her bed side the entire time she was recovering, both of us doing lots of praying. And I was just amazed at how fast she recovered after each time. I know that advances in medical technology played a part in it. But i also believe that there was more in that room helping my 14lbs one year old daughter heal after 3 back to back open heart surgeries. I havnt seen anyone as strong willed as that little girl and i honestly believe God has been with her.

Looking back on these experiences I have my own personal belief that what some call the Holy Spirit and others call the Tao are actually the same. And they can be interpreted or explained as being the Force. I also feel the we can connect to and feel the Force through prayer and/or meditation. Thank you for letting me share my experiences with you.

May the Force be with you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149700 by
These stories of the Force/Holy Spirit that some people equate it to are always a fascinating read to me. It's a mystery I don't think we'll ever understand completely either. Yet these very stories are a powerful reason why I'm an atheist Jedi.

There was a story I read about a 4 year old girl that was playing outside her house in a province of India. She was kidnapped, raped and then drowned by her captors. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270589/Two-Indian-men-accused-raping-drowning-year-old-girl-Dabwali.html) I've often wondered where the Holy Spirit/Force was on that one and horrible stories similar to it.

And then I wonder why I got a warning from the Force that my son was going to fall into the pool and I was able to get him out safely because I watched him like a hawk afterwards. I can't explain it. Why did I get the warning but heart broken parents the world over did not when their children were in danger? (ETA: a scientist might just say it was my own thought that came into my head as a protective parent and I reacted to it. That's actually fine by me as I've never really believed the Force to be a watchman/woman there to warn us of danger anyway.)

I don't know. I probably never will.

So I go on my way with thanks in my heart for my warning and my heart goes out to others that have to deal with tragedy.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159568 by
I dont have experienced anything like a premonition, or a voice or anything like that.
But what i experience as the guidance of the Force is something i call my own lucky charm. My best friend will tell you the same if you ask him.
My entire life i have some sort of luck, If i start something like a study for example, i always have good fortune.
Not long ago i lost my job at the hospital where i got educated in nursing. Ive gotten my degree and got registrated. But the hospital couldnt give me a contract. Ive tried everything to get a job. I didnt care what it was. And when i lost all hope i have gotten invited to a job interview. They stated it was for a fixed time, i was a temp replacement for someone who got pregnant. After my first month my boss wanted to have a talk. I thought it was something about how i do at work and that i could finish the rest of my contract. But no, i have been asked to get a leading roll in the team.
Ive gotten promoted just after one month... just one month.
I have gotten ALOT of these things, another example, got money from the bank to buy house in the worst times ever. Nobody got a loan, but i did. I can sum up a enormous list of things like these, small ones big ones.
In the past ive gotten arrogant-lazy trough these events. Thinkin pff everything wil gunna work out for me.
But the last couple of years i have working on my self to work harder and appreciate every single thing that happends in this way for me.
Now that i have joined the temple, i feel like the Force is an explanation for all of this.

-Doomeniek

More
9 years 7 months ago #159569 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic A question of The Force.

Doomeniek wrote: Now that i have joined the temple, i feel like the Force is an explanation for all of this.

Don't exclude your own hard work too...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 7 months ago #159574 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic A question of The Force.
@ ltk....it's a good possibility that many either ignore or misinterpret the warnings they "sense"...I've done it myself a few times....

They day my brother was killed I was running late for work. As I was running out the door I suddenly felt like talking to him. On my drive to work I was sitting at a light and looked over at a gas station and thought I should pull in to get gas and a drink...I ignored it and continued to work...all day at work I kept thinking about my brother, on my drive home I passed and accident in which a pedestrian was hit and killed in the median, as I passed the body under the sheet I suddenly had the image of my brother pop into mind...that night the police stopped by asking us to identify his body....he had been hit by a vehicle that went off the road at the very same gas station I had thought of stopping at that morning, just 15 mins after I had ignored the urge to pull in....

A few years later my dad was in the hospital, and when he died I was at my parents house keeping an eye on things...at the exact time he died Ifelt as though the air around me had gotten heavy, and his 3 dogs jumped up at the back door and began licking the glass and whining (they never whined before)...a few seconds later I got the call saying he had died...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159575 by
If you ask "why" this is the path to the dark side. Ask "how." Achieve goals and move forward. Many in the world "why" and all the way,path.

Learn_To_Know wrote: These stories of the Force/Holy Spirit that some people equate it to are always a fascinating read to me. It's a mystery I don't think we'll ever understand completely either. Yet these very stories are a powerful reason why I'm an atheist Jedi.

There was a story I read about a 4 year old girl that was playing outside her house in a province of India. She was kidnapped, raped and then drowned by her captors. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270589/Two-Indian-men-accused-raping-drowning-year-old-girl-Dabwali.html) I've often wondered where the Holy Spirit/Force was on that one and horrible stories similar to it.

And then I wonder why I got a warning from the Force that my son was going to fall into the pool and I was able to get him out safely because I watched him like a hawk afterwards. I can't explain it. Why did I get the warning but heart broken parents the world over did not when their children were in danger? (ETA: a scientist might just say it was my own thought that came into my head as a protective parent and I reacted to it. That's actually fine by me as I've never really believed the Force to be a watchman/woman there to warn us of danger anyway.)

I don't know. I probably never will.

So I go on my way with thanks in my heart for my warning and my heart goes out to others that have to deal with tragedy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159577 by

Edan wrote:

Doomeniek wrote: Now that i have joined the temple, i feel like the Force is an explanation for all of this.

Don't exclude your own hard work too...

I dont see it yet as hard work, i feel i dont deserve credit yet. As for i have been to arrogant-lazy in the past.

-Doomeniek

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159596 by

RyuJin wrote: @ ltk....it's a good possibility that many either ignore or misinterpret the warnings they "sense"...I've done it myself a few times....

They day my brother was killed I was running late for work. As I was running out the door I suddenly felt like talking to him. On my drive to work I was sitting at a light and looked over at a gas station and thought I should pull in to get gas and a drink...I ignored it and continued to work...all day at work I kept thinking about my brother, on my drive home I passed and accident in which a pedestrian was hit and killed in the median, as I passed the body under the sheet I suddenly had the image of my brother pop into mind...that night the police stopped by asking us to identify his body....he had been hit by a vehicle that went off the road at the very same gas station I had thought of stopping at that morning, just 15 mins after I had ignored the urge to pull in....

A few years later my dad was in the hospital, and when he died I was at my parents house keeping an eye on things...at the exact time he died Ifelt as though the air around me had gotten heavy, and his 3 dogs jumped up at the back door and began licking the glass and whining (they never whined before)...a few seconds later I got the call saying he had died...

I am sorry you had to go tru al this ...
Even if this happend all a while ago my sympathies.

-Doomeniek

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi