The Devil is Tempting Me to Become a Preacher

More
4 years 4 months ago #346694 by Malicious
If you want to be the front man I have a good skill of persuasion , I could make it work ! But we still won't associate ourselves with totjo .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346696 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment 417649A5-952F-4BD0-A7D6-F39FE30276B5.png not found

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346701 by Rosalyn J
Go to bed Ob1 :)
:dry:

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
4 years 4 months ago #346716 by Amaya
Oh Ob1 I do love you
I could imagine you as a cult leader, but maybe you could infiltrate the flat earthers or some other bizarre group, corrupt them into believing the earth is round and take over as Lord and master?
Walk through hell as you own it and get the devil kissing your ass

Plus you wanna share the joint next time?
Have fun x

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Malicious

More
4 years 4 months ago #346717 by Proteus
Gotta have good music to accompany your services...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hMaHDTw-pI

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

More
4 years 4 months ago #346727 by Alethea Thompson
Lmfao, seems the only other person who had the same idea as myself was Carlos! Why not become a Jedi Cult Leader? XD

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Malicious

More
4 years 4 months ago #346728 by Kobos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

A how to for ya!

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346758 by OB1Shinobi
Im gonna do the sentimental one first. I really liked the replies in this topic and felt they all deserved a response.

Adder: yours was the most practical, on topic advice. Do the work and the results will happen; this is actually the secret to most success stories that i know of. I actually thought “maybe i really could do this” after i read you comment lol. Thank you.

Malicious: youre a good dude. I want to quote the Genie from Aladdin here and say “you aint never had a friend like me” but that wouldnt be quite right: you aint never had a friend like US. Stick with this community and we will stick with you, and we will all be better for it.

Carlos: I have this idea that i dont need a rank to act as Jedi Knight ought to act and i don't need a title to be a Minister to my people. I do my best to contribute what i can, as i can. I am within a week or so of completing my first mental health degree and i probably would be a good clergy-person... but right now i definitely cant. Im not going to get into many details but my life is not stable. Im moving towards stability but the last year or so has been one kick in the teeth after another and i really cant take on any more responsibility than i already have. There may be a time in the future where I take a more formal and official role.... its been creeping into my mind that i ought to, tbh, but i am tap dancing on a landmine as it stands today and just dont have the available time or energy.

Rosalyn: HA! However you managed it, your reply was the most TRULY right for what was happening; I was at least a little bit more than just a little bit tipsy and did in fact need to go to bed at that moment lol. For everything youve done for this community and just for who you are i say you are awesome. Thank you for being you and doing what you do.

elizabeth: i love you and your love, my darling. You dont know it but your supportiveness helped me to keep coming back here during a time when i felt like a total outsider. You make a difference. You made a difference for me.

Proteus: dude! That was spot on, 100% perfect and i loved it. Youre like some kind of musical wizard, especially with metal. I still follow Ignea btw, thanks for introducing me to them.

Alethea: Im just kind of looking at my options here and it seems that Christianity offers better salary and better benefits than the Force. The thing about Jesus is that he really seems to value his team members. Like, if i spread the gospel of prosperity to enough people He will make sure that i never face any burden beyond what i can bear, will always be there to offer instruction, will forgive me for my moral shortcomings (which is pretty freaking useful right about now) and will lovingly guide me into the blessings of both immense wealth and the sexual availability of hundreds - maybe thousands of adoring women all over the country. I mean it kind of pays to be a Jesus Freak :lol:

Kobos: my man; thats exactly what i was referencing. I don't think any of those people are more articulate or persuasive than me. They would be both my blueprint but also my competition. The one “advantage” they have is they're ruthless and unscrupulous and willing to say anything, whereas i have some moral restraint. But thank you; that video was the perfect overview of what im talking about.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346759 by OB1Shinobi
Now for the more serious reply.
This was definitely a bit of a goof topic but there was a real ethical question in its inspiration. I can say i believe in Christianity in what might be contemporarily refereed to as the “Jordan Peterson” style of belief. That is, i believe Christianity is true and useful and profound when taken as metaphor, allegory, and archetype. When it comes down to it i think 90% of it is pure fiction and even the historical bits are embellished.
But i might possibly be a good charismatic evangelist and if so, i could use that position as an opportunity to help people. I am a dedicated student of psychology and mental health and the bible is ripe with passages and instances that can be framed and explained through the lens of modern understanding of these fields. A genuinely good mental health counsellor could utilize the platform of Christian evangelicalism in a way that could potentially have a hugely positive impact on both the congregation that follows him/her and maybe even on the broader world of contemporary Christianity in general. Considering the possible benefit to society, would it really be unethical to bullsht about my actual beliefs? What if i lied to everyone about believing in Jesus but my lies allowed me to really improve peoples lives?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Amaya

More
4 years 4 months ago #346760 by Rex
I think we all are tempted to justify the means by whatever we intend the end to be. I definitely have semi-joked about starting a cult almost weekly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi