Day of Harmony: Day of Service September 21, 2017

More
6 years 7 months ago #301618 by MadHatter

SamThift wrote: Curious...not to detract from the call to service...

But what are the "Days of Significance"...and why?

I had wondered about this a bit...if there were or should be days of significance...so would actually appreciate any info/thoughts here... :)

Here ya go: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#DaysofSignificance

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301619 by
Replied by on topic Day of Harmony: Day of Service

MadHatter wrote:

SamThift wrote: Curious...not to detract from the call to service...

But what are the "Days of Significance"...and why?

I had wondered about this a bit...if there were or should be days of significance...so would actually appreciate any info/thoughts here... :)

Here ya go: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#DaysofSignificance

BLAST! I knew I had seen that before...and searched the forums for the reference...but being a little narrow-minded, didn't think to look at the FAQ...although I imagine it is quite a bit of an FAQ...

THANKS...Hatter!

More
6 years 7 months ago #301621 by MadHatter
I find that my local stores offer me many opportunities for charity that requires little effort and low cost. Which I think is a key to getting people to be more charitable on a regular basis. To give a list of regular ways I donate that are easy that might be useful if done in your area:

I am an avid Amazon shopper so I ensure I use Amazon smile

The Cabela's near me has a feature where you can round up your purchase amount to the nearest dollar and I use it every time I go. ( this donates to the fish and forest service a vital and under funded program )

The local dollar store has a box out for you to donate items purchased at the store many times a year including back to school or the holidays. If I am under budget any time the box is there I push my purchases up to my budget limit to add a few items

The local PetsMart has a donate feature on their touch pad to donate to local shelters I believe ( or a pet based charity ) and I use it anytime I am not over my pet food/toy budget for the month ( Yes sometimes I do not donate because I am spoiling the furry kids )

Finally, for around ten dollars you can put together a bag of essentials for any homeless person that might ask for money. That way you can give them something useful even if you don't have the cash to give at the time. I try to keep one in my car on a regular basis but sometimes it gets left at home due to me not wanting it left to bake in the summer heat.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
6 years 7 months ago #301718 by Rosalyn J
Yay bump. Getting closer

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 7 months ago #301769 by Rosalyn J
Woot!!!!

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 7 months ago #301802 by Kobos
Daily bump

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301819 by
This entire week is solid work for me, so unfortunately I'm unavailable to do any volunteering. I've decided to donate any tips I make this week to a fund set up to help employees from my chain in Texas / Florida get back on their feet. :) Work for those who need help while I work for my boss xD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301822 by
I'll be doing yard work for many of the elderly in my neighborhood. Particularly raking leaves.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301841 by Rosalyn J
It took awhile for me to figure out what I will do for this day of service. Yesterday I signed up to volunteer at my local food bank. Something that I do quite regularly. But I didn't remember that I had another event to go to during those hours. Now I have decided I will spend 1-2 hours before work cleaning up trash in El Cajon. El Cajon is a poor part of San Diego with the considerable homeless population. Additionally ourbhomeless population is suffering from hepatitis A in large numbers Naturally trash makes its way onto the grounds and into the trees and bushes. I'm hoping my work will inspire others in the city of El Cajon and those around the place in which I work to keep the city cleaner and stop the spread of disease

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #301908 by Rosalyn J
Happy harmony day everyone!

Here's a sermon for you: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/2398-cultivating-harmony-from-the-inside-out

Also, I am looking forward to hearing what you are able to do today to cultivate harmony in your community

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Rosalyn J.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi