FAQ and Article Updates

More
07 Nov 2013 21:13 #124147 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic FAQ and Article Updates
Why do you say he left?

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Akkarin
  • Akkarin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
27 Dec 2013 00:33 #130707 by Akkarin
Replied by Akkarin on topic FAQ and Article Updates
I have implemented these changes into the FaQ:

Akkarin removed from Assistant Librarian
Akkarin added to Associate Pastor
Akkarin added to Council
Akkarin Added to Librarian
Alexandre Orion removed from Associate Pastor
Alexandre Orion added to Pastor
Mark Anjuu removed from Pastor
Mark Anjuu removed from Archbishop of U.K.
Mark Anjuu removed from Council
Mark Anjuu removed from Vice President
Mark Anjuu removed from Pagan Special Interest Group Advisor
Proteus added to Systems Administrator (new): www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#OfficesSystemsAdministrator
Reliah added to Council
Reliah added to Youth Officer
ren removed from Council
ren removed from Librarian
Wescli Wardest added to Council


Number 23 - The Executive Comittee FaQ has been removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Akkarin
  • Akkarin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
29 Dec 2013 19:54 #131111 by Akkarin
Replied by Akkarin on topic FAQ and Article Updates
FaQ 4+5

"Before wrote: If your legal name should change for whatever reason then please inform the intake officer(s); the current intake officer is: Jestor

After wrote: If your legal name should change for whatever reason then please inform an Intake Officer.


FaQ 7

Before wrote: Rank changes are not automatic, they are done voluntarily by our intake officer Jestor. Because of this please bear with us as they are normally processed in batches during the week.

If however you feel that your rank has not been changed after a significant amount of time please send him a Private Message to ensure he is aware of the situation and can address it.

After wrote: Rank changes are not automatic, because of this please bear with us as they are normally processed in batches during the week.

If however you feel that your rank has not been changed after a significant amount of time please send an Intake Officer a Private Message to ensure they are aware of the situation and can address it.


Instances of 'Intake Officer' link here: www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#OfficesIntakeOfficer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Akkarin
  • Akkarin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
09 Feb 2014 21:31 #137257 by Akkarin
Replied by Akkarin on topic FAQ and Article Updates
Removed:

To take an oath is public and personal in nature. This means it is made in the form of a public announcement with direct reference to the person taking it. To take the TotJO Simple Oath means to support that cause.

For those wishing to become a member of the Order it is required for you to include your real name and date of birth in the following formula:

"I profess before all my fellow Jedi that I, ........... born on ........, without reservation, choose the Jedi path, until I am ready for Jedi Knighthood or I otherwise decide, with all its duties and responsibilities. I shall do that which is right and profess my allegiance to the Force. During that time I promise to do my utmost to uphold the Jedi teachings, and to live a life as is worthy of a Jedi."

The Simple Oath is a promise, witnessed by the community of the Temple, with sacred and legal character, the fulfilment of which is a serious obligation. Such a promise implies more than a wish or a desire but rather is a firm decision to fulfil the oath which is taken. The Simple Oath must be made with sufficient deliberation, knowingly and with due discernment. The Simple Oath must be taken freely, that is without grave and unjust fear, malice or ill intent. The Simple Oath made under such circumstances is invalid. Also invalid is a Simple Oath made out of ignorance or error concerning an element which constitutes the substance of the Simple Oath. Ignorance is lack of knowledge; error is mistaken judgment. Ignorance or error invalidates the Simple Oath if the person vowing lacked knowledge of, or erred in judgment about, something that is of the substance of the Oath.


Added:

Please see here for wording of the Simple Oath


The information that was removed has been added to that new article.

If you are reading the article the day this announcement is made then some things are still not yet finished.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2014 22:35 #137261 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic FAQ and Article Updates
Akkarin:

it is really hard to make the spanish version acurate ( or update), with all this changes, I need to go all around the document looking for changes ( even when you say what they are.

my question is, do you have the original, in word or pdf format?, so every time you make an update, just mark where they are, and I can go for it, and make the update.
we are talking about a 39 pages with links up and down to make it easy to match like the website, going up and down, with every Q-A
it really help me a lot to have a doc to follow all the changes.

thank you

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2014 23:50 #137273 by Alexandre Orion
I haven't even translated the FAQ yet ... I was almost up to that point when I was forewarned of upcoming radical changes and to wait ...

... that was a year and a half ago. :unsure:

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Akkarin
  • Akkarin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
10 Feb 2014 04:41 #137294 by Akkarin
Replied by Akkarin on topic FAQ and Article Updates

Alexandre Orion wrote: I haven't even translated the FAQ yet ... I was almost up to that point when I was forewarned of upcoming radical changes and to wait ...

... that was a year and a half ago. :unsure:


I would suggest that to be honest.

Did you see Sajjad's post? www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-A...art=0&start=10#92356

Try asking for that programme again and see if you can get that to work 666.

Don't focus on the FaQ for the time being, that will be reduced in size as I try to make more articles like the Simple Oath one. The FaQ shouldn't have information on there, it should answer questions about information that can be found officially elsewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2014 09:35 #137314 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic FAQ and Article Updates

Akkarin wrote:

Alexandre Orion wrote: I haven't even translated the FAQ yet ... I was almost up to that point when I was forewarned of upcoming radical changes and to wait ...

... that was a year and a half ago. :unsure:


I would suggest that to be honest.

Did you see Sajjad's post? www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-A...art=0&start=10#92356

Try asking for that programme again and see if you can get that to work 666.

Don't focus on the FaQ for the time being, that will be reduced in size as I try to make more articles like the Simple Oath one. The FaQ shouldn't have information on there, it should answer questions about information that can be found officially elsewhere.


Just for the record the app is no longer there though you can find it with the name windif :)

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Rank: Apprentice
Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
[/color]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2014 02:04 #139335 by Zephyrus
Replied by Zephyrus on topic FAQ and Article Updates
The FAQ lists me as Clerical Secretary. This is inaccurate information. :)

The Black Wizard ~ Rainbow Chaos Magick ~ Thelemite
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2014 12:51 #139370 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic FAQ and Article Updates

Akkarin wrote: FaQ 4+5

"Before wrote: If your legal name should change for whatever reason then please inform the intake officer(s); the current intake officer is: Jestor

After wrote: If your legal name should change for whatever reason then please inform an Intake Officer.


Intake officers should advise a new application..

FaQ 7

Before wrote: Rank changes are not automatic, they are done voluntarily by our intake officer Jestor. Because of this please bear with us as they are normally processed in batches during the week.

If however you feel that your rank has not been changed after a significant amount of time please send him a Private Message to ensure he is aware of the situation and can address it.

After wrote: Rank changes are not automatic, because of this please bear with us as they are normally processed in batches during the week.

If however you feel that your rank has not been changed after a significant amount of time please send an Intake Officer a Private Message to ensure they are aware of the situation and can address it.


Only I change ranks...

If an application is missing, only I know this...

It puts an extra person in the system...

Wes has contacted me multiple times and said "X" has his Oath done, if there is an app, then they need rank adjustments", or something like that, lol...

If it was to just list me, then it would remove the middle man...

Only Br. John and I can see applications...

And only I (currently) process them...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Alexandre Orion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick