• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #63897 by
FAQ and Article Updates was created by
This is a formal announcement to say that I have updated the FAQ

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq

The majority of updates are grammatical and spelling errors and formatting has been done to the majority of the document. This is in addition to some new questions that have been added and some questions already in the FAQ have been expanded upon

If you have any questions regarding specific changes then please ask your questions here

My work on the FAQ is an on going project and as such the FAQ is subject to update without prior notice. However an announcement will be made as a reply to this thread if there are any further changes

A full changelog is available from me via request (email)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #64915 by
Replied by on topic FAQ and Article Updates
Please note that the Temple of the Jedi Order FAQ has been updated

If you have any questions (or suggestions) please either post here or PM myself

As I have said before any further changes will be implemented without prior notification however an announcement will be made should there be any updates

Aside from grammatical, formatting and spelling fixes the following content based changes have been implemented and are effective as of now:

Added the phrase:

We do not allow members under the age of 13 to formally join the Order. This means that a Simple Oath and Jedi Application by people who are under the age of 13 will count as being invalid

To FAQ 3, 4 and 5

There is no appeal system called Br.John except in the most rare of occasions.

Br.John is outside of the Council for legal reasons - he is neither answerable to the Council, nor is he 'boss' over the Council. The Senior Temple Security Officer is a part of The Council - but is unbiased in all cases.

If the complaint is against a member of The Council or the Senior Temple Officer - then Br.John takes their place on The Council for the duration of the investigation etc of the case.

This was removed because it was incorrect. Br John is not above the council and is answerable to the council (out-dated from long time ago)

Added that only Knights and higher can take apprentices on FAQ 9

The FAQ I added was a new number 7 (7. I've filled out the Simple Oath and Jedi Application. Why hasn't my rank changed?)

All references to 'teaching Master' have been replaced with 'Training Master'

Added 'Back to top' button

Changed numbering from roman numerals to standard (English language) numbers

More
11 years 7 months ago #70503 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic FAQ and Article Updates
Could I suggest that FAQ3 , relating to minors becoming members of the site, be changed to reflect the new rules for minors?

There are a few other bits and bobs in the FAQs as well which discuss how under 13s don't have to submit an application - now being under 18s, of course.

B.Div | OCP

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #70506 by
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/component/content/article/10-ip-ren/1973-akkarin-faq#3
(link won't work for most people)

That is my new version of FAQ 3

If you can think of any changes that you want made then please do suggest them :)

Can you point out specifics of what is missing to be sure I don't miss anything

I will be submitting a newer-new update soon (few weeks) which should revamp (clarify and make longer :P) most of what's there

I'm always open for suggestions

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #70522 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic FAQ and Article Updates
My new version....

Lol, I just typed this up two days ago...

*3. I am under 18 years of age, can I still become a member?*

We do not allow members under the age of 13 to formally join the Order. This means that a Simple Oath and Jedi Application by people who are under the age of 13 will count as being invalid and the application will be deleted.

However, you may become a youth Member of the Order if you are between the ages of 13 and 18. Being a youth Member is no different in any regards from being an adult Member. We just have a different way of having you join.

Please contact the Youth Officer(s) as listed in the F.A.Q., as listed in section #18, for further instructions. In some cases we may ask to double check with your parent(s) or guardian(s), so that they are aware, and happy, with your membership of our Order.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #88982 by
Please note that a very large overhaul of the FaQ has been done by myself

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq

The changes are... many...

There may still be some inconsistencies which might include but not limited to: wrong reference numbers (i.e. it says see FaQ 13 when it should be 14 etc), incorrect hyperlinks, spelling and grammatical errors etc

If you have any questions or propose changes then please PM me to keep this thread clear

EDIT: In addition to these changes links that use to link in will no longer be functioning. Old references to FaQs may also be incorrect as some new FaQs have been added and 'shifted' some of them up or down

Please report and instances of this to myself
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92207 by
Update to the Offices listed on FaQ, please note for contact purposes

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#Offices

Security: Wescli

Intake: RyuJin, Wescli

VP membership affairs: Jestor

Degree Scheme Administrator: Damion Storm

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92350 by
Please note Phortis Nespin has been added to the list of Temple Security Officers

www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#OfficesSecurityOfficer

More
11 years 1 month ago #92355 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic FAQ and Article Updates
well...
I am working in doing the translation, I already translate the first 10 questions, and recreate all the links ( in a word doc) so I appreciate if you can tell me if you change/update something there...

if you don't mind, I have an idea, try to create, or (I'll do it) and in there, you can always do updates, and MARK what you change/update/ad, so one time you did that, I can check the doc, an do the update in the Spanish one... it doesn't make any scenes, to re read, re do, the whole doc.

thanks, it take some time to do a good translation, - BUT because terminology, I need to review almost every single translation, because Spanish had that, 4 o 5 different words, to say exactly the same.... more than in English , (and Google, it doesn't work right)

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #92356 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic FAQ and Article Updates
666, there is another optional way to do so.

Keep a copy of what you translated, and after you finished translating that, save the current FAQ, I'll give you an application that get these two files and show where they have changed, and you can change that parts only.... It's faster, I think

UPDATE:

The application I said....

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by MCSH. Reason: UPDATE

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi