Resignation:Pastor/VP of Clerical Affairs, Councillor

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #337035 by Rosalyn J
First let me start with a sincere apology . This process has been too long and in the meantime, the ministries of this temple have struggled. I also have been appraised of the official process in that the Associate Pastor is meant to take the reigns in the absence of the Pastor. So the process I set up is meant to elect a new Assiciate Pastor, and not Pastor.
In any case, I have overstayed my welcome. I'm happy to Ordain Carlos should he choose to accept the position of Pastor, but this will likely be my last act as a part of the Clergy for a few months. I apologize once again for what mustve been a very laborous waiting process. I am resigning effective immediately

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #337036 by Carlos.Martinez3
I accept

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #337041 by Zenchi
Huh, that was a quick turn about of events, it went from 2 weeks to 2 hours? :unsure:

Good, you deserve the break, the Temple is losing one of it's best....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Zenchi. Reason: Biting my tongue....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
4 years 11 months ago #337044 by Neaj Pa Bol
Rosalyn, Thank you for everything you have done for the Temple.

Patty

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337047 by
Ros, thank you for everything you did and do, for the enormous empathy you showed and the guidance you gave during your work as pastor and as a person. It has been a pleasure to work with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337054 by
You're contributions in this role are appeciated, Ros, and congratulations Carlos!

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 11 months ago #337056 by ren
Thank you for your time and efforts, I hope work gives you a break as well so you can enjoy some well-deserved time off! ;)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
4 years 11 months ago #337057 by Ben
Confusion abounds...

The Synod Charter states: "In the event of the unavailability or incapacity of the Pastor, the Associate Pastor may exercise executive action." I can't find anywhere where it says that in the event of resignation of a Pastor who has not been at all incapacitated, the Associate Pastor is automatically 'promoted' to permanent Pastor. They're not at all the same scenario, which is presumably why Ros kickstarted an appointment process some time ago now. Have I just missed it somewhere?

FYI article-editing-team, in the FAQ, it actually says "When the Pastor is unavailable, the Associate Pastor for Outreach is acting head of the clergy." Presuming that to mean the Assistant Pastor for Outreach, I imagine this information is incorrect? Although it seems a bit of an odd mistake, as adding the words 'for Outreach' isn't exactly a slip of the finger!

Anyway - Ros, you've been brilliant. Please stop apologising - you most certainly did not outstay your welcome! I'm sorry that you felt your resignation had to be so abrupt in the end, after all of your careful planning. Thank you so much for all of your hard work over the last few years - it's been deeply appreciated.

B.Div | OCP

More
4 years 11 months ago #337060 by Carlos.Martinez3
Not arguing but simply stating I was appointed by the existing pastor to take over as ... pastor. So it was an appointment. I can see the need for clarity at the moment. I can promise that we can look into clarity as far as synod and council for the future. Looking forward to cleaner exit strategies as well as outlining the actual processes current and up to date. There at a lot of things undone that need to be done and a lot of things that just need to be ... straitened out. So give us a bit of grace and we can take all what we need and figure it out. Feel free to contact synod or me directly any time. More to come. Promise

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

More
4 years 11 months ago #337065 by Ben

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Not arguing but simply stating I was appointed by the existing pastor to take over as ... pastor. So it was an appointment.

I promise none of my comments are directed at you personally - I'm just curious about the process. And I really appreciate your response. :)

Reading between the lines of Ros' post she hasn't 'appointed' anyone in the conventional sense - it's not a choice she has made personally, unless I am misunderstanding - she has just named the person that she has been told that the rules (if we can track this legislation down somewhere?) dictate she must name.

I was one of the founding members of the Synod and the purpose of it was always to ensure that all major decisions and the general direction of the Clergy were agreed through a process of group discussion and contemplation - so it's just a little odd to me that, as far as I can tell from what Ros said, there has been no such conversation - neither amongst the Synod, the wider Clergy, the general membership who make up our Clergy's congregation, nor presumably the Council - on probably the most important Clergy matter that we as a Temple ever have to face.

Again, it's not a comment on your appointment - you would very likely have been appointed anyway, I imagine! - it's just a point of personal curiosity as to why, as a Temple, we would allow really any office of such importance to be filled via an automatic process rather than via one of thorough evaluation.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi