I want to know, what is The Force?

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345497 by OB1Shinobi
I made this post, where for two thirds of my writing was dedicated to my understanding of the Force; https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/123079-i-want-to-know-what-is-the-force?start=10#345480

You could have chosen to reply to what I said about the Force, instead you said this;

Fyxe wrote: No ob1, I asked the question what is the force? because I want to know what people think it is so we can discuss it and see what we can decide it is.

Which was all well and good enough, i guess. Except that i told you what i thought of the Force and you didnt make any attempt to discuss it with me. Instead, you finished with this:

....but when ideas get shown that make no sense why cant I disagree with them?

Which seemed like a huge double standard to me because youve been complaining constantly anout people criticizing your ideas but you now want to be able to critizise the ideas of others, so i said;

Interesting reply. Some of your ideas make no sense but when others point this out to you, you say they are bullying you. Now you are saying it is natural and appropriate for you to point out how and where other peoples ideas make no sense. Are you bullying them? Does it seem like you may be operating from a double standard? Do you see how others might believe you are operating from a double standard?

To which you replied:

Fyxe wrote: no double standard, I dont make fun of others opinions like others do. or tell me Im not listening or am a liar. I dont insult people. I just disagree, and you can disagree with me all yo uwant but I wojuld like you to tell me why and what you think is actualy realy instead of just teasing me.

So as you can see, you played your part in the conversation moving away from the Force. You chose to say the things that you said. I am responsible for my posts and you are responsible for yours

Id also mention that we all have our own interpretations of what the Force is (as numerous people have explained) and “we” arent going to “decide” that it is any particular thing; we each understand it in the way that makes sense to us and we each allow others to understand it in the ways that make sense to them.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345498 by
Given the level of contention here, I'm doing a bit of an assessment of this thread to see if there's something to be learned.

At this writing, there are 23 posts (not including this one). It appears that they can be divided into two categories: discussion of the Force, or a discussion of a person (whether "me', "you", or "them").

There also seems to be a frequent divide between Fyxe and selected others, so to my eyes the posts line up like this:

Focus on the Force
Fyxe 4 posts
All other participants 9 posts

Focus on a Person
Fyxe 4 posts
All other participants 6 posts

A note on the tally: I counted each of Elizabeth's and Gisteron's posts as two, as their focus was partly in each category. It's also noteworthy that while six of the "other participants" posts focused on a person, at least two of those appeared to be aimed at being helpful and instructive more than confrontational.

I don't think I'll summarize this, other than to include a guideline: as a general rule, internet discussions that focus upon another person who has not requested advice tend to deteriorate rapidly as defensiveness and anger find an opportunity for expression. Other than that, please feel free to draw your own conclusions.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by . Reason: Realigning the table - it wasn't clear the first time after hitting the Submit key

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345499 by OB1Shinobi

Fyxe wrote: I dont make fun of others opinions like others do. or tell me Im not listening or am a liar. I dont insult people.

Fyxe wrote: OMG!! f**k both you gist and ob1.... AND GIST YOU ARE THE LIAR THAT IS MAKING THIS ALL ABOUT YOU AND THEN BLAMING ME!!
You guys are pretty brilliant at dodge and deceive, sneak attack on the newb like a pack of hyenias!!!

So here you are insisting that you dont insult people or call people liars but here you are also insulting people and calling someone a liar. Can you see how people might think youre operating under a double standard?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
4 years 5 months ago #345500 by OB1Shinobi

Omhu Cuspor wrote: Given the level of contention here, I'm doing a bit of an assessment of this thread to see if there's something to be learned.

At this writing, there are 23 posts (not including this one). It appears that they can be divided into two categories: discussion of the Force, or a discussion of a person (whether "me', "you", or "them").

There also seems to be a frequent divide between Fyxe and selected others, so to my eyes the posts line up like this:

Focus on the Force
Fyxe 4 posts
All other participants 9 posts

Focus on a Person
Fyxe 4 posts
All other participants 6 posts

A note on the tally: I counted each of Elizabeth's and Gisteron's posts as two, as their focus was partly in each category. It's also noteworthy that while six of the "other participants" posts focused on a person, at least two of those appeared to be aimed at being helpful and instructive more than confrontational.

I don't think I'll summarize this, other than to include a guideline: as a general rule, internet discussions that focus upon another person who has not requested advice tend to deteriorate rapidly as defensiveness and anger find an opportunity for expression. Other than that, please feel free to draw your own conclusions.

How did you count my post here: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/123079-i-want-to-know-what-is-the-force?start=10#345480

People are complicated.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345501 by
Did you guys get what you wanted Ob1? the total destruction of yet another one of my threads? Are you proud of yourself? are you squeeling with delight at how much you have hurt me and made me feel bad? well good job. all I did was answer a question you put toward me and then you acted like this and brought your little buddy in to tag team me as well. The only one missing this time is Rex, what is he on vacation this week?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345502 by

OB1Shinobi wrote:
How did you count my post here: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/123079-i-want-to-know-what-is-the-force?start=10#345480

I counted it as "a focus on the Force". In my initial review, I missed the final paragraph, but the overwhelming amount of content of that post was about the Force.

I tried my best to be fair. My sincere apologies to anyone if I was not.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345504 by
My initial post was not entirely true to myself;

I just thought it was, well, THE ANSWER, you know, to the question as presented.

My own interpretations, in terms of analogy and metaphor, revolve around "The Journey", the compass serving as my strongest emblem. It's important to know:

How to read a map (identify your current state versus where you want to be)

How to use a compass (assess ones own resources to determine not only how to proceed, but how to do so as effectively as possible)

Stops have to be made frequently, not only to reassess the resources in relation to the Journey, but to reassess the Destination, as well- like it or not, that is going to change, sometimes frequently, and sometimes just as we think we're about to arrive.

The Force, in this analogy, than, is like magnetic North- it guides us, giving us what we need to identify geographic North, and navigate effectively, from the start- search your feelings, one might say- learn/know The Force, even if you can't put it to words, and you will "find North".

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345505 by

Fyxe wrote: Did you guys get what you wanted Ob1? the total destruction of yet another one of my threads? Are you proud of yourself? are you squeeling with delight at how much you have hurt me and made me feel bad? well good job. all I did was answer a question you put toward me and then you acted like this and brought your little buddy in to tag team me as well. The only one missing this time is Rex, what is he on vacation this week?

You need to stop rejecting the process and looking for quick answers.

The resources are here for you to learn, but you yourself seem to make a habit of starting discussions with open ended, "no-wrong-answer" questions, and get quickly frustrated with not hearing the answer you have in mind, being reminded that this process, this place, is not what you thought it would be.

You need to stop blaming others for the fact that this is not working the way you want it to, or for how you respond to any kind of criticism- they may not be kind in their handling of you, but you are just as responsible for how you do/don't respond. They aren't wrong, either, this time- compared to previous discussions, they have shown incredible restraint, despite mutual frustration, in their interactions with you, and you escalated, practically from the OP, being very stand-offish.

If you aren't prepared to receive criticism or differing views, discussion is something you should reconsider.

We're not a cult; you have been told pretty much from day one what this place is, in addition to what it isn't, we do not force a consensus on this subject, we do not force our will upon others.

Your temperament is awfully fragile, and especially vulnerable to criticism, both actual and perceived.

I recommend you focus on your own development and training, and ask yourself if your seemingly unhealthy attachments to your assumptions and status as "The Victim" are worth all this grief, or if your approach is the correct one?

It's more than appropriate to reexamine, at this stage, how you are going about this, and what you could be doing differently- the same thing is clearly not working for you.

If you haven't already, I would also strongly recommend you keep your discussions private, and strictly advisory, held with someone that has the authority to act in such a capacity; Pastor Carlos seems particularly sensitive to your interests/needs, and you seem particularly responsive to his ministrations, as an example.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by .

More
4 years 5 months ago #345506 by Rex

Fyxe wrote: Did you guys get what you wanted Ob1? the total destruction of yet another one of my threads? Are you proud of yourself? are you squeeling with delight at how much you have hurt me and made me feel bad? well good job. all I did was answer a question you put toward me and then you acted like this and brought your little buddy in to tag team me as well. The only one missing this time is Rex, what is he on vacation this week?

This is unacceptable. I have been here, I even posted earlier in the thread. I'd ask the mods lock this and take more active action to prevent an increasingly unilateral immaturity here.

There have been links to other relevant (and productive) threads like Proteus' that answer the ostensible question. This is inexcusable.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 5 months ago #345509 by OB1Shinobi
I have replies to people who have spokes several posts back but i want to jump in at the suggestion of locking the thread: im working to address the underlying issue. Until that is accomplished, we will continue going through the same pattern over and over, even of this thread gets locked. Please allow the discussion to continue.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi