How did you choose your totjo name and why ?

More
4 years 5 months ago #345374 by Malicious
Personally I find it rather interesting how many unique names everyone uses in the temple . I found myself wondering how did one think of or choose their name to go by on here . Me personally Darth Maul was one of my favorite character from Star wars especially in rebels , someone said on a star wars forum that they thought that Maul was short for Malicious which is a synonym for evil . When I first created my account on here I was thinking of a name to go by and the thought came up to just go by malicious to pay homage to one of my favorite characters . But now the name I go by means more to me than just paying respect a character , it's sort of like a oath one makes with themselves . The oath I have decided to go with is the one that the doctor took : Never cruel nor cowardly , Never give up , Never give in .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Jake Nislan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345376 by
eh, quite frankly, mine came from a random "star wars name" generator... I think I even shared a link, early on, but, that's the whole story ^_^U the name felt like a good fit, and I had no trouble remembering it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345383 by
My name sounds like a bit Sith-like, and a few pointed out for already but it doesn't really have any significance to me. Sinistra was simply my favourite character from the anime 'Kiddy Grade' and liked his name too so I took it on as a Jedi name. So I use it on every Jedi forum/Order I registered to

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345384 by
I use my real name.
Caesar E.J.W. (Elias Jackson-Winfrey)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345385 by

CaesarEJW wrote: I use my real name.
Caesar E.J.W. (Elias Jackson-Winfrey)

Now who wants my Social Security #, card #, and security question answers? :lol:

More
4 years 5 months ago #345389 by Jake Nislan
Mine came from a Jedi name variant I found on the internet, I used my Mothers name and City of birth which makes Jake and my first and last name which makes Nislan. It sounded cool to me so I decided to go with it.

Flowing through all, there is balance
There is no peace without a passion to create
There is no passion without peace to guide
Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act
Power blinds without the serenity to see

There is freedom in life
There is purpose in death

The force is in all things and I am the force

- Novice of Temple of The Jedi Order

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Malicious

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345400 by J. K. Barger
I jut used my real name, first and middle initial, and my last name. I rocked the J. K. way before Rowling, and I'm stickin' to it B)

Seriously though, my intent was to keep an open, honest, and consistent record of myself and my Path. I would imagine there being difficulties with using an alias, but then again, there might be some benefits..

But on a side-note, I love the generator formula!

(last name/ first name) + (Mother's maiden name/city of birth)

It's wildly funny and creative to ruminate over 'what someone's "Jedi Name" would sound like'!
I've done it with so many- wondering what Jesus' Jedi Name would sound like, or the Buddha's, or saint's names, or pagan ancestors, or even historical figures.

When "working" a name, I try to use the first three letters, or first syllable, and play around with them, changing the stress or spacing. Sometimes I'll switch I, J, and Y's, or double up on an A, or throw a ' somewhere to give it little flavor :woohoo:

It might be weird, but I see it as an example of indulging into the mythos and adding an almost bhakti or "devotional" element to it.

Often the Path can be more than logical or physical, but it can have an element of feeling and emotion like joy, dedication, or love in there too. Heck, I'd almost say it'd be unbalanced if something like that was in there..

Even the Code acknowledges the role of Emotion upon the Jedi Path, so it's something to ponder...

As long as you are coming from a space filled with that, even something as apparent and mundane as a name can have the power to open and broaden your connection to the Force.

Anyways, I'll quit rambling. :silly:

Choose well, and may the Force be with you :)

The Force is with you, always.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by J. K. Barger. Reason: Inclusivity
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3, Malicious

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346061 by
Rainbow Firefly was actually a name of my main MLP OC (original character). Quite unusual character, because she was originally created as a kirin alicorn (winged kirin), and later became a draconequus (like Discord) with an ability to turn into a winged kirin.
I desided to use this name because of several reasons. First reason is her rainbow-associated, but pastel color sheme. She has white body with three-colored mane - salmon, aquamarine and gold. Second one is that her main talent is connected to the light and lumokinesis. And the third one is her personality - she is an optimistic, childish and intuitive, but also logical character.
But now it's a name of my alter-ego I am planning to use as a mascot for my progects. I changed her design a bit, that's why she is not so connected to MLP franchise now, but still has a form of a feathered dragon, something like a winged Chinese dragon. The picture on my avatar is not mine, but it's close to how Rainbow Firefly looks like.
But I also have another nickname with I use - RøentGenWarp. It came from my school nickname - Roentgenium. My real name starts from the letter U, and there was one interesting chemical element in old periodic tables - Unununium, with the symbol Uuu and atomic number 111. Nowadays, this element is called Roentgenium, and that's why it was my nickname at school. Years later, I needed a name for my new Transformer OC, and because it was actually a transformer version of Rainbow Firefly and my alter-ego, I decided to use my old nickname, and it was changed to Roentgenwarp. Later I invented a kind of decorative version - RøentGenWarp, but I don't use it here because I created this version when I have already registered.

I also want to make more "human" version of my Jedi name which I would use as a replacement of my real name and may be even as my pen name if I would ever finish a book I keep in mind, but I am not sure yet what it could be. A formula in the previous post, including some "playing" with letters, gives Lisha Ulvi for me. I think Lisha for a first name is not so bad, but the last name definitely need some work. And I also think that if I would make a Star Wars OC as an alter ego, it should share the same name, that's why my Jedi name would depend on a race I would choose for my alter ego. And that's is where the problem starts - I can't choose yet between togrutas, wookies, chatars and lasats.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346077 by
Mine TotJO name has been invented basically on my own effort - to create name which has something common with my character,
so I tried a lot of option and then - I came up with this name.I didn´t use internet for this, just my mind and intuition. it sounded good for me.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by .

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346136 by Neaj Pa Bol
Neaj Pa Bol comes directly from my full name. When KOTOR I & II (Knights of the Old Republic, video game) came out, just before TOTJO was started there was this silly App, I can't remember what I was looking for exactly when I found it, that is similar to the Create your Jedi Name stuff out there, and I rolled it several times and got some of the silliest and not so silly versions. It wasn't like the one you put in your name and it scrambles letters, it actually had like 10 questions of Star Wars and Non-Star Wars subjects. So looking at all the names given I got Neaj as one, then looking at how the rest came, I did some scrambling of my own.

"Neaj" is my Middle name, Jean. The "Pa" is the first two letters of my first name and the "Bol" is, of course, that is the first three letters of my last name.

There are some name generators on the web, but just have fun with it, whether you flip it like I did or a Nickname, etc... Find what is yours...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Neaj Pa Bol. Reason: grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Malicious

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi