Special Needs Society

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342595 by
Replied by on topic Special Needs Society

Lukezilla wrote: Then I ask again, respectfully, why are you here? If you're not willing to consider other points of view, then what do you have to gain here?

Networking... Discussion... Conflict... Growth... Why do I need to repeat myself?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342596 by
I understand most of those but why is conflict so important to you? You can have the others without it. It seems like conflict is the most important thing to you.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342598 by

Lukezilla wrote: I understand most of those but why is conflict so important to you? You can have the others without it. It seems like conflict is the most important thing to you.

1. Conflict is AN important thing, not the MOST important thing.

2. I enjoy it and it's part of me. Why would I deny part of me, just to not offend delicate sensibilities?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342599 by
I mean conflict does involve hearing others opinions. And I reread the OP for clarification, and I do see your point regarding the Society of Special Needs, but I've always gone by the "philosophy" I guess that parents should be the ones teaching kids that life isn't fair. Not, necessarily, the schools.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342600 by

Deimos wrote: I mean conflict does involve hearing others opinions.

You think I don't read what people on here write, especially the comments to my threads? I certainly do.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342601 by
The first part was towards Luke. Should have clarified that part.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342602 by
Deimos, it doesn't need to be. Yes, hearing other opinions can and sometimes should be uncomfortable but it doesn't need to be met with vitriol.

Phoenix, again, it seems like you're the only one here with delicate sensibilities. And parts of you that are unhealthy should be denied in the same way you prune a tree of weeds and dead limbs, things that harm it and make it less beautiful. That's personal growth.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342603 by
I disagree. Conflict doesn't need to be vitriolic. Conflict could mean simply conflicting opinions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342604 by

Deimos wrote: I disagree. Conflict doesn't need to be vitriolic. Conflict could mean simply conflicting opinions.

That's fair, it's just not how we're using conflict in the context of this thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342605 by
Fair point. I feel that it's a difference of perspective. Phoenix may not see this as vitriolic, but some may. It's not what you say, it's how you say something that people pay attention to.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi