Special Needs Society

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342502 by
Special Needs Society was created by
Environments of inclusivity where people are told everything is okay and nothing is their fault, results in emotionally stunted people who can't deal with conflict.

An atmosphere of blind acceptance, results in people with a weak sense of identity. This identity will fail to stand up to being challenged and this in turn will result in people with an even weaker sense of identity.

Once, it was commonly understood that life wasn't always fair, some had more opportunities than others, and you played the hand you were dealt. Boys were boys, girls were girls, kids had to fight plenty of their own battles, and it often meant a schoolyard scrap or two where you may have come home with a black eye, especially if you didn't fit in.

That was just part of growing up. Rejection was just something that happened. Either you tried to fit in because you wanted acceptance or you didn't. Some created their own groups, some didn't, and some became loners.

Today, everyone is expected to be inclusive, tolerant, and censor themselves if they might possibly offend some group of "specials". Everyone, every business, and every group is expected to roll out the welcome mat and bend to the needs and wants of all these "specials", including having to build another washroom for men and women who are having an identity crisis.

In some schools in the US, "jazz hands" have replaced clapping because the autistic kids can't handle the noise. I have a better solution, put the autistic kids in a special needs class or school. I don't see what's difficult about that as it was common practice when I went to school.

I'll give you an experience of mine... I was that kid who wasn't allowed sugar. "ADHD" they said. The type the school gives you pills for when they can't deal with your behavioural quirks. So, when it was ice cream day, I wasn't allowed any. I had to watch all the other kids enjoying ice cream, while I wondered how anyone could be so cruel. That's how it was and that's how it should be. Sure, it wasn't fair but neither is life. It wasn't up to the school to bend to my needs, it was my problem and my parent's problem. I dealt with it.

It's as if people are so obsessed with making "specials" feel included and accepted, they have transformed society into one giant special needs classroom.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342504 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Special Needs Society
So just because you had to put up with not getting ice cream, you want to have everyone beholden to your whim?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342505 by
Replied by on topic Special Needs Society

Rex wrote: So just because you had to put up with not getting ice cream, you want to have everyone beholden to your whim?

Huh? Did you actually read my OP?

More
4 years 7 months ago #342506 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Special Needs Society
More or less what I said when women wanted to vote....
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342507 by

JamesSand wrote: More or less what I said when women wanted to vote....

Can you NOT troll my thread, please?

More
4 years 7 months ago #342508 by JamesSand
1. By your own spruiking, I can more or less say what I want, and your offence is your business.
2. I was making a point, via sarcastic means.
3. I apologise, it was a moment of weakness, I try to avoid "your" threads and posts as much as possible. I've just been running, my blood was not all in my brain when I replied.

With any luck, we'll both learn from this moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342509 by

JamesSand wrote: 1. By your own spruiking, I can more or less say what I want, and your offence is your business.
2. I was making a point, via sarcastic means.
3. I apologise, it was a moment of weakness, I try to avoid "your" threads and posts as much as possible. I've just been running, my blood was not all in my brain when I replied.

With any luck, we'll both learn from this moment.

You can. However, I can also make my wishes known. Whether you choose to honor my wishes or not is your call.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342512 by JamesSand
I hate to be baited, but I'm waiting for my soup to warm -

You can. However, I can also make my wishes known. Whether you choose to honor my wishes or not is your call.

The autistic kids (citation needed) made their wishes known, and the school honored them.

Is there anywhere else this conversation can go, or was it better served by a one-off post in the rant thread?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, Rex

More
4 years 7 months ago #342514 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Special Needs Society

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Can you NOT troll my thread, please?

Okay, so you can create troll threads, but nobody can respond to them in kind? Is that how it works?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342517 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Can you NOT troll my thread, please?

Okay, so you can create troll threads, but nobody can respond to them in kind? Is that how it works?

This isn't a troll thread and you can do as you please.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi