YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341971 by
Replied by on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

Mortose wrote: Temporary or not, a warning in my pm box would have done wonders, even a notice that this temporary ban was to be enacted. I received nothing. For all I knew, the ban was permanent. Why else do you think I reacted as strongly as I did?

Maybe this is a learning opportunity and you can work on basic emotional intelligence skills, to avoid being controlled by circumstance. You are shifting all blame to others (why did YOU make me react), but no one forced your hand.

Take ownership.

I take ownership of every single one of my actions, that's not an issue. Furthermore, my EQ isn't an issue either, though you'd not know that because you don't know me offline.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341972 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

I take ownership of every single one of my actions, that's not an issue. Furthermore, my EQ isn't an issue either, though you'd not know that because you don't know me offline.

If that is true, then bring your offline persona here, I’m sure she’s much more interesting than this Darth Troll mask you’ve got going on here.

I will concede that a warning PM would be a good thing as far as general banning processes go.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341973 by

Manu wrote:

If that is true, then bring your offline persona here, I’m sure she’s much more interesting than this Darth Troll mask you’ve got going on here.

I will concede that a warning PM would be a good thing as far as general banning processes go.

Thank you, that would have been sufficient. Still, a member of leadership revoking my welcome here in the thread I started would also have been acceptable.

As for your comment about my offline persona, it's not real. Why would I bring something fake here when my original and current intention is being authentic?

More
4 years 7 months ago #341974 by Manu

Mortose wrote: As for your comment about my offline persona, it's not real. Why would I bring something fake here when my original and current intention is being authentic?

Well, then who are you really? And why is there a schism between personas? Wouldn’t someone pursuing authenticity want to be authentic in all venues of life?

I am the same here as I am anywhere else.

I am actually curious to get to know the real you.

- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341975 by

Manu wrote:

Mortose wrote: As for your comment about my offline persona, it's not real. Why would I bring something fake here when my original and current intention is being authentic?

Well, then who are you really? And why is there a schism between personas? Wouldn’t someone pursuing authenticity want to be authentic in all venues of life?

I am the same here as I am anywhere else.

I am actually curious to get to know the real you.

I can't be true to myself offline because my livelihood forbids it. I'm not troubled by this double life though.

As for your desire to get to know me, my journal was an attempt to do just that. I've been nothing but authentic there.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341976 by Manu

As for your desire to get to know me, my journal was an attempt to do just that. I've been nothing but authentic there.

I hope you can understand my confusion. You react here in a childish manner, then claim that’s not how you are offline, then turn around and say the offline you isn’t the authentic you, and that the real you is in your online journals, which circles back to the initial childish reactionary.

So, who are you?

- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341977 by

Manu wrote:

I hope you can understand my confusion. You react here in a childish manner, then claim that’s not how you are offline, then turn around and say the offline you isn’t the authentic you, and that the real you is in your online journals, which circles back to the initial childish reactionary.

So, who are you?

Yes, I am authentic in my journal. I'm being real and raw.

Furthermore, I'm childish when I want to be. It's better than being serious all the time. So... yes, part of who I am is childish. I don't have a problem with it, though it seems you do?

More
4 years 7 months ago #341978 by Manu

Mortose wrote: Yes, I am authentic in my journal. I'm being real and raw.

Furthermore, I'm childish when I want to be. It's better than being serious all the time. So... yes, part of who I am is childish. I don't have a problem with it, though it seems you do?

I don’t mind playfulness ;)

Being offensive and then turning around and crying “I’m offended”, however, does annoy me.

People here will usually apply Hanlon’s razor, which means they will usually let some offense slide, ascribing it to ignorance or an inability to self-regulate emotions.

But if you openly admit you are deliberate about your offensiveness, that you are carefully choosing when to play victim and when to play persecuter, then you disambiguate intention, and people understand you are willfully being destructive. That will eventually get you banned.

I don’t actually buy that you are as in control as you claim, which is why I still give you the benefit of doubt.

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex

More
4 years 7 months ago #341979 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Mortose wrote:

We're all childish at times, but being childish at this particular time does little to help your case.

With regards to why you're banned and for how long for, I agree that you should've been informed. I've been asking for this info to be given to people for years

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341980 by

Manu wrote:

Mortose wrote: Yes, I am authentic in my journal. I'm being real and raw.

I don’t mind playfulness ;)

Being offensive and then turning around and crying “I’m offended”, however, does annoy me.

People here will usually apply Hanlon’s razor, which means they will usually let some offense slide, ascribing it to ignorance or an inability to self-regulate emotions.

But if you openly admit you are deliberate about your offensiveness, that you are carefully choosing when to play victim and when to play persecuter, then you disambiguate intention, and people understand you are willfully being destructive. That will eventually get you banned.

I don’t actually buy that you are as in control as you claim, which is why I still give you the benefit of doubt.

I'm not playing the victim, nor am I a victim. I'm rightfully angry regarding this ban. Whether I deserved it or not, I have no idea because I wasn't given a warning in my pm box, was I? Think about it. There is no "playing victim" here, only disgust and confusion. As for my playful conduct with the troll, it was just that. Did you read what she wrote later, after following me to yet another of my threads? I told her I suspected I knew something and she basically confirmed I was correct. However, I still think she's just a troll.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi