Digital Murder

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341914 by
Replied by on topic Digital Murder

JamesSand wrote: The whims of PKD and his successors aside, I know little of digital murder.

I recall a digital bloodbath at a funeral in the days of ragequit videos and the terror of video games ruining our youth.

Many QQ'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEpv7YxnLCQ

I think I'm more curious as to why a digital funeral like that existed at all. Gods! Gamers are weird!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341923 by

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Arinme,

You're making my task of seeking information on you easy. However, I have a question. If you were involved in the LHP, why did you carry yourself as a perpetual victim earlier? I can't imagine someone actually being LHP, turning into something so weak. Were you trolling?

Words are so.. limited.

Yes... and that doesn't answer my question.

It was just a communication breakdown. I was acting out of genuine concern for others, including yourself, and had little to no concern for myself. I am recovering from the influence of the dark side and this makes it difficult to think at times.

Words are no longer my primary form of communication.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341925 by

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

You're making my task of seeking information on you easy. However, I have a question. If you were involved in the LHP, why did you carry yourself as a perpetual victim earlier? I can't imagine someone actually being LHP, turning into something so weak. Were you trolling?

Words are so.. limited.

It was just a communication breakdown. I was acting out of genuine concern for others, including yourself, and had little to no concern for myself. I am recovering from the influence of the dark side and this makes it difficult to think at times.

Recovering from the influence of the dark side? What a shame! Why did you leave?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341940 by

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Words are so.. limited.

Recovering from the influence of the dark side? What a shame! Why did you leave?

Because I'm a grey now, and the influence was external.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341941 by

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Words are so.. limited.

Because I'm a grey now, and the influence was external.

Isn't all influence external? Whatever put you on the middle road was likely external as well.

More
4 years 8 months ago #341947 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Digital Murder

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: This is likely a strange request but since plenty of minds exist here, I should make use of them...

How exactly do you simulate murdering someone on an internet forum or on social media?

Example:
Say you have two involved in a digital fight and one loses. How do you digitally kill the losing party?

I ask as I'm pondering a means to simulate the rule of two in a virtual environment, among other things.

As a modern day Jeddist , my choices have been made to cultivate more than demolish -,though there is ( for me) a bit of undoing or un learning but for the most part a balance is very key in my practice. I’m no internet person. Every post you see me from since the day I arrived has been during car trips and mall runs - car trips and life as it happens. Internet things like -“digital murder” i have a hard time understanding. I get it - but I am a different. I understand it all to well - from only what I have experienced and it’s throwing a phone away and smashing it so I never hear from those folk again. Digital life’s and digital places are a part of the world wether I believe or understand or not - being here my digital life is what ya see here with a occasional fb check or two a week.

I’ll pass on the harm... or the murder n such. Not my cup of tea.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341948 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: This is likely a strange request but since plenty of minds exist here, I should make use of them...

How exactly do you simulate murdering someone on an internet forum or on social media?

Example:
Say you have two involved in a digital fight and one loses. How do you digitally kill the losing party?

I ask as I'm pondering a means to simulate the rule of two in a virtual environment, among other things.

As a modern day Jeddist , my choices have been made to cultivate more than demolish -,though there is ( for me) a bit of undoing or un learning but for the most part a balance is very key in my practice. I’m no internet person. Every post you see me from since the day I arrived has been during car trips and mall runs - car trips and life as it happens. Internet things like -“digital murder” i have a hard time understanding. I get it - but I am a different. I understand it all to well - from only what I have experienced and it’s throwing a phone away and smashing it so I never hear from those folk again. Digital life’s and digital places are a part of the world wether I believe or understand or not - being here my digital life is what ya see here with a occasional fb check or two a week.

I’ll pass on the harm... or the murder n such. Not my cup of tea.

I understand your position. However, isn't not about digital life at all in this case. Just, actual murder is illegal... so I'm hunting for a way to simulate it. I think I've found it though. However, the details need to be worked out a lot more. Right now, I have a few bones and I need a complete skeleton.

More
4 years 8 months ago #341951 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Digital Murder
http://justiceharvard.org/themoralsideofmurder/#1477504398584-5d76ef29-aab0

Posted by Rosalyn as a open lesson- this ones a free and good one.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 8 months ago #341956 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Digital Murder
This entire thread is nuts.
Also the Richard Parker case was absolutely settled correctly given the common law tradition. They were found guilty of murder etc, but commuted so as to not set a contradictory precedent or try and create a case of first impression

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342009 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Digital Murder

Example:

The only real means of killing a person digitally is to destroy their reputation/name. Even if they do come back they'd have to "reincarnate" as a different person, different screen name, because the other one is dead.

The only way to simulate this is to create a new name/reputation and then utterly destroy it. Now if someone is using their real name and real photo then there the potential of their whole lives being ruined or at least until the memory of society forgets who they were. This should never be done and I hope that one day it is considered as some form of manslaughter.

But in most cases this doesn't happen. It's more like digital suicide or digital seppuku. Cyber bullying is like digital attempted murder which should never be done because it can lead to actual suicide. People don't get that. They think this digital self isn't real, just a toy, and they play with other people as if it doesn't matter. But it does.

So simulated digital murder = destroying a fake screen name
actual digital murder = destroying a real identity
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by ZealotX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi