The DEATH of Kyrin Wyldstar

More
4 years 9 months ago #339645 by Br. John
Kyrin has her own order at http://kamikeediguild.freeforums.net/

The ban is indefinite, not permanent. Nobody can know that because a majority vote can lift a ban or suspension

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339650 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic The DEATH of Kyrin Wyldstar

Br. John wrote: Kyrin has her own order at http://kamikeediguild.freeforums.net/

The ban is indefinite, not permanent. Nobody can know that because a majority vote can lift a ban or suspension

I'm only asking...

Is having her own forum/temple/site against the rules?

Is keeping non-TOTJO sanctioned ideas on a different site a bad thing when TOTJO itself allows such a wide birth in interpretation?

What is Kyrin actually being banned for?

I'm asking because I remember when I was new to this site and I was pretty against what I considered to be "sith" philosophy being promulgated on this site and so many people expressing these ideas and I was pretty much told I was wrong and we should be open minded to all the possible paths people can choose to take. I mainly just wanted a clear distinction so that the identity of the site was clear and could be maintained as such.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339651 by Br. John
Here, again, is the statement of The Knights. While a few abstained, not a single vote was against banning. It was not only by a majority but by a super majority. The board of directors decided to let The Knights make the decision.

https://templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-Announcements/122608-banning-of-kyrin-wyldstar#339603

After considerable contemplation regarding the history of the relationship between Kyrin and this temple, we've concluded that Kyrin's methods and intentions do not agree with the spirit of and intentions of the church. Due to this long-standing incompatibility and its consequences, many valuable and potentially valuable members have regrettably ceased participation. Unfortunately, after multiple attempts to resolve these differences, no sufficient changes or evidence of consideration, by Kyrin, of this temple's membership have developed. Due to the long-standing state of prejudicial effects caused by a record of disagreeable behavior, the active college of knights have by majority decided that Kyrin is to be suspended from the Temple of the Jedi Order indefinitely.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Carlos.Martinez3, Athena_Undomiel,

More
4 years 9 months ago #339659 by OB1Shinobi
I consider you a friend, Kyrin.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 9 months ago #339661 by ren
Replied by ren on topic The DEATH of Kyrin Wyldstar
To my knowledge, the knights have supplied no evidence of kyrin's incompatibility with totjo, no evidence of correlation between kyrin's behaviour and participation at totjo, no evidence of other prejudicial effects, and no evidence of considerable contemplation regarding her fate.

That being said I am sure they will provide it if asked to.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339663 by
Replied by on topic The DEATH of Kyrin Wyldstar

Br. John wrote: Here, again, is the statement of The Knights. While a few abstained, not a single vote was against banning. It was not only by a majority but by a super majority. The board of directors decided to let The Knights make the decision.

https://templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-Announcements/122608-banning-of-kyrin-wyldstar#339603

After considerable contemplation regarding the history of the relationship between Kyrin and this temple, we've concluded that Kyrin's methods and intentions do not agree with the spirit of and intentions of the church. Due to this long-standing incompatibility and its consequences, many valuable and potentially valuable members have regrettably ceased participation. Unfortunately, after multiple attempts to resolve these differences, no sufficient changes or evidence of consideration, by Kyrin, of this temple's membership have developed. Due to the long-standing state of prejudicial effects caused by a record of disagreeable behavior, the active college of knights have by majority decided that Kyrin is to be suspended from the Temple of the Jedi Order indefinitely.

This has been nagging at me, ever since the official announcement was posted... Nobody seems to be acknowledging it, in favor of "didn't actually break the rules" argument.
I've been on the receiving end of this, out here in meat-space, and I guess it's time to put my "practical knowledge" to use.
Sorry, fellow missers of Kyrin, but...
Churches aren't actually public property. They are, in fact, private property, and they can welcome or dismiss whoever they please, regardless if they have broken any laws/rules. Public access is strictly at the whim of the church (which is probably why many now keep their doors locked)
The notice explicitly states that Kyrin is being dismissed for, in spite of not being a member, making this church look bad, even if only by association.
Tolerance is always important, but will always have limits. It's purported that Kyrins behavior, whether intentional or not is never mentioned, still has undermined and harmed the interests and well-being of the Temple, and that is, within the rules, grounds for dismissal, member or not.
I don't believe Kyrin is wrong to be who she is, but it can't be denied that she is her own worst enemy, in these matters.
This is not the first time this has happened and I'm baffled that it keeps happening with the same people. Regardless of how the pattern is presented, there does seem to be an issue of pattern recognition, in all this.
I'm glad this, apparently, isn't permanent, but I do hope something that needs to change, does.
If this can, indeed, be overturned, I look forward to her return.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi