Belief vs Knowledge - The Force

More
12 May 2019 11:51 #338361 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Belief vs Knowledge - The Force

Gisteron wrote:

ren wrote: ... the mind has great untapped power over our physiology.

No. The picture of fundamental principles that govern our world on resolutions remotely interesting to us is complete. All of the power that "the mind" (what ever that is supposed to be) can possibly have over our physiology (again, assuming that expression can actually mean something coherent in one way or another) is either well tapped and mapped or nowhere near "great".

In your opinion perhaps. Greatness is relative.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2019 13:55 #338364 by Gisteron

ren wrote:

Gisteron wrote:

ren wrote: ... the mind has great untapped power over our physiology.

No. The picture of fundamental principles that govern our world on resolutions remotely interesting to us is complete. All of the power that "the mind" (what ever that is supposed to be) can possibly have over our physiology (again, assuming that expression can actually mean something coherent in one way or another) is either well tapped and mapped or nowhere near "great".

In your opinion perhaps. Greatness is relative.

My body's gravity has a stronger influence on your physiology than the untapped power of your mind does. Now I'm not sure whether there is any untapped mind power or whether there are forces at play weaker yet than it, and neither do you, so I'm positive neither of us can say that it is objectively the least great, but then neither of us did. I just wouldn't think "great" an apt description for something so weak as to be negligible if existent at all, but that is indeed only my opinion. Mayhaps in circles like these it is a controversial one to hold. So be it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.