Discussion about discussion

More
4 years 11 months ago #337653 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Discussion about discussion
Thank you for the clarification! LOL lesson of the day for me!

Thanks again Kyrin :) ,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337667 by
Replied by on topic Discussion about discussion
Time and time again we see the death of great discussion simply because of ego. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge... right? Attempting to block that natural growth by artificial means does no one any good. Be wary of attachment? To me that means do not have unnatural attachment to any such thing so much so that you cant stand to see it exposed to critique. Hiding in the shadows and suppressing open discourse are the means of self destruction.

More
4 years 11 months ago #337668 by Tellahane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Time and time again we see the death of great discussion simply because of ego. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge... right? Attempting to block that natural growth by artificial means does no one any good. Be wary of attachment? To me that means do not have unnatural attachment to any such thing so much so that you cant stand to see it exposed to critique. Hiding in the shadows and suppressing open discourse are the means of self destruction.

Not everyone can be an Android

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337669 by

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Time and time again we see the death of great discussion simply because of ego. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge... right? Attempting to block that natural growth by artificial means does no one any good. Be wary of attachment? To me that means do not have unnatural attachment to any such thing so much so that you cant stand to see it exposed to critique. Hiding in the shadows and suppressing open discourse are the means of self destruction.

Yes they can! They just need to step away from the Dark Apple side!!

Attachment http_fc03.deviantart.net_fs70_f_2012_201_f_1_jedi_android_by_heartbladewizard-d5812um.png not found

Attachments:

More
4 years 11 months ago #337670 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Discussion about discussion

Not exactly. Part of balance is that everything has its season. There's a time for war and a time for peace. Why is it that so many veterans end up with PTSD? Is it natural that they be made to fight all the time? And is it not the role of their commanding officers to block them from doing so?

One should try to avoid unnatural attachment but that doesn't mean exposing one's beliefs to an endless stream of criticisms whereby one can be so unnaturally attached to the pursuit of knowledge that one does not care who is offended, harmed, etc. The danger of this is always that inevitable fork in the road where good intention can become the cause for the suffering of others. This is a wildly extreme example, but truly... consider Adolf Hitler's rise to power. It was allowed and permitted because there were those who benefited and those who didn't to the extreme. But he simply didn't care who got hurt or by what method. What he was doing was good in his own mind, opinion, estimation. But we, who are not of the same mind, consider it evil and compare lesser evils to it.

This is why I will keep saying that other people matter; that it's not simply about personally being right or one's personal quest for truth. Life itself is a team sport. We all play a role in each other's survival and therefore we all deserve to matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 11 months ago #337671 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Discussion about discussion

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

Yes they can! They just need to step away from the Dark Apple side!!

Attachment http_fc03.deviantart.net_fs70_f_2012_201_f_1_jedi_android_by_heartbladewizard-d5812um.png not found

I'm sorry but apple is clearly the forbidden fruit and is therefore the great evil of prophecy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337672 by

ZealotX wrote:
This is why I will keep saying that other people matter; that it's not simply about personally being right or one's personal quest for truth. Life itself is a team sport. We all play a role in each other's survival and therefore we all deserve to matter.

I absolutely agree. However I see no point in an individual starting a game that really has no rules, and then not liking the direction that game goes in, so they leave the game. However the game goes on and becomes something completely different than it started out to be. Then the originator returns and is offended that he has either been left out or not liking the content and decides to take his toys and go home, thus ending the fun for all.

More
4 years 11 months ago #337673 by Carlos.Martinez3
Other people matter - I like that - respecting the inherit worth of all -
Discussions on the net mean more than one person. Often time all who participate. Even if they don’t actively participate and just read.

Kyrin - your bringing this from a locked thread to - discuss it here over another thread.
Not wrong just stating the obvious.

Any how , intention of discussion and reason can create the “vibe” of things. Some discuss to learn others discuss to just hear themselves. There are many reasons why but as always we can choose to or not to. Still up to us. Some are obvious and some are subtle. In every conversation I have I have come - over time and trial and error - to make sure I answer questions and give good intention. But ... that’s my choice. Often times out of upset or unbalance discussions take that hard turn. I try to take breaks and remind myself of my codes. One of em is the un carved block. Helps me often, even with the chunks I get during the process- helps to see things a bit more clearer.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 11 months ago #337674 by Carlos.Martinez3
I’m real life, my love and I have had some all hell break loose type of days. I remember a few times I - me- would say “you have to listen to what I have to say... “
Some times these type of conversations turn into not conversations and stop being discussions. I have learned from those and don’t get me wrong they still happen but not so often now that we both are on the look out for those. I guess it takes the willingness to identify and work it out in cases like that but when the conversation begins to go that way : me - I - can set off warming chimes - whooooooaaaahh Carlos - warning warning.
Discussion till it reaches these types of points is cool but there IS always that potential. Any one else get to those points ? How do you -return - to the original point or calm re focus ? Do ya? Often I take a walk or truthfully stare at very breakable things and let my brain think it out. That’s just me.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337675 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:
Kyrin - your bringing this from a locked thread to - discuss it here over another thread.
Not wrong just stating the obvious.

The only stipulation made was that the original content could not be discussed. However the nature of it being locked seems fair game. I have never been one to support the suppression of speech, especially when it was civil and productive.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi