My belief system

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337329 by
Replied by on topic My belief system

Lenny C wrote: If I said I believe in Greek mythology and my belief system was based on the Greeks, would you have given me the same response as I have had.

Well the fact that its an historically established spritual paradigm you might have gotten slightly different responses. Like for example what exactly you believe about the mythology and how does it incorporate into your life. I think the end result would have still been an inquiry into what you believe and how you feel about it over a regurgitation of a tale of the Titans.
The topic has been locked.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337331 by
Ok thanks. I realise my journey is the reason for my outcome for my belief system. It’s kind of more a way of the force, like the samaurai have way of the samurai. I hope I have answered all the questions but if you have any please I’m happy to answer them.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337332 by
I don’t class myself as a Jedi knight. I look at myself as a Jedi consular, one who philosophise on what the force is , where does it come from, history including the starwars cannon. I do not close my eyes to other peoples religions regarding the force. That is why I joined this community to learn from others about the force.
More
4 years 11 months ago #337334 by Raxicorico
Replied by Raxicorico on topic My belief system

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Raxicorico wrote: Instead of criticizing and mocking (which there has already been waaaay too much of from what I've already read), we should be taking this new set of experiences with an open mind and building on our present way of thinking.

There has been too much mocking here? I find this statement fascinating because I have seen no mocking and very little actual criticizing. This seems to be a common bias among the membership at this temple. People always assuming so much and actually asking for so little clarification. Let me just be the first to thank members like Zealot, who actually takes the time to get such clarifications without jumping to these sorts of conclusions. I think we should all take a page from his example.

Having an open mind is one thing, but that does not mean we just take in any sort of crap presented to us and use it to build our worldview from. That’s about the stupidest thing we could do because it’s dangerous. It leads to false belief and conclusions based on faith that have no basis in reality. Instead anyone that wants to build an accurate worldview should use the open mind only as a tool in the more important process of critical thinking.

This means not just taking any concept at face value but instead making reasoned judgments that are logical and well-thought out. This way of thinking entails not simply accepting all arguments and conclusions that are presented but rather have an attitude involving questioning and challenging such arguments and conclusions. It is the willingness to search actively for evidence for and against favored beliefs, and to weigh such evidence fairly when it is available or to reject such beliefs if that evidence is not present.

You do a huge disservice to others if you are complacent in this process and otherwise just accepting of all things presented. If you do not have the courage to challenge others and allow yourself to be challenged then why are any of you even here?

Let me first of all mention that I have for whatever reason misinterpreted what has been said, I sincerely apologize. Moving on...

Unless I'm mistaken, I wasn't arguing for mindlessly accepting everything one hears. I was merely trying to encourage the increased input of experience to allow for the potential of one's own development as a person. Even if you don't agree with Lenny has said, there may still be elements of his post that could help another develop their own spirituality. Personally, I believe that when faced with someone else's beliefs that seem a bit out there when compared to our own, we should make an effort to understand their position a bit more (for me, it was Unarius that presented the greatest challenge). Not only the storyline providing the foundation of their beliefs, but also what potential benefits such beliefs could have for said person. If the belief has positive influences on their life, who am I to tell them otherwise?

The topic of courage is a fascinating one to bring up. As far as I've seen here, the one who has demonstrated real courage is Lenny, as he has opened his heart to the temple, likely with full knowledge there may be some negative backlash (for which I would like to take this time to again thank him for sharing). I'll admit, I am of the opinion that the best way to challenge others is to present either contradictory evidence or an alternative interpretation that ring true with you. Confrontation brings conflict, which only serves to fuel irrational emotions. Other peoples opinions and beliefs are entirely their responsibility, we have no responsibility for them and challenging them through confrontation rarely will result in our intended outcome. Does this mean I lack courage? Who am I to say? By your definition presented above most certainly as I don't post often unless something jumps out to me. My own spiritual journey story is furthermore locked away in the seminary forums and inaccessible to guests. But one thing that is true for my personal beliefs is forcing one's opinions on others does not in itself constitute courage.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #337336 by
@Raxicorico, No apology needed. I agree with your first sentiment in finding value in Lenny post. I have already thanked him for that as it caused my curiosity to be raised enough to do my own research and thus raise my level of knowledge. And in fact most of the focus of this thread has been in better understanding his positions, wouldn't you agree?

We each have mythologies we ascribe to and even live our lives by. These of course intermingle with our subjective view of the real world. Its when these mythologies get mistaken for those realities that they become an issue. And yes we all can take freely of each others mythologies and incorporate various aspects into our own. I have no issue with that. As for the courage to open up about these things, I think any of us that has put a journal on this open temple has demonstrated just as much. And in this process here in this thread there has been no confrontation concerning the OP and I find it curious that you still think there has been some sort of conflict beyond the challenge of ideas here? Why is that? In challenging others we expose ourselves as well so that is also a form of courage just as much as the former.

In any event I find it insulting that you imply anyone here has forced an idea or opinion down another's throat. You are the only one that can define your own courage and by your very definition of your activity here I think you have answered your own question quite succinctly. Who am I to say any different.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by .
More
4 years 11 months ago #337337 by Jhannuzs Ian
Replied by Jhannuzs Ian on topic My belief system
@Lenny

I hope you are enjoying your timezone, I have a question that maybe you would like to answer, If not, I will respect your privacy:

What does this system also allows you to do in daily life?

Because we are not Jedi Keyboards, obviously not saying you are or someone

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Ambert The Traveller
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337338 by
It gives me comfort knowing the force is with me and fully appreciate and understand what so called magic I have done. Once I was lost in London and I asked the force to guide me. I then had an idea which way to go, so I followed that idea and then saw a sign saying London zoo and I was no longer lost. Just one example of how my belief has helped me.
More
4 years 11 months ago #337342 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic My belief system
My advice:

Belief [strike]System[/strike]

;)

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #337360 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic My belief system

Lenny C wrote: I even found in early Israel and some Arab states had believers in the Farr, which literally translates to the force..

This right here is kind of annoying.

CHI
Chinese = is an energy source that is linked to breathing in its original context.
Igbo = is akin to the Greek "Daemon"

BUT
American- But
Polish- Shoe

Iki
Lithuanian - Until
Turkish - 2

Shine (when spelled out in appropriate languages, not in pronunciation)
Japanese - Die
English - Emit Rays of Light

It's the same sounding word, but based on where the language it could have significantly different meanings. It's not a good idea to tie words down to your understanding of them. The word فر (which is the arabic equivalent to our phonetic "farr" is translated as "Fled". But let's take another similar sounding word from the same REGION: فر by pronunciation in Persian isn't "fled" anymore, it's "splendor", "beauty" and in some contexts it can even be "oven".

Just because a word sounds similar, it doesn't mean it's the same word. It doesn't even mean it inspired the word. In all the world, with all of the things we wish to convey to each other, there is bound to be some things we come up with on our own which is similar to another language. You could probably create an entire language from the ground up and there would be a strong possibility that at least one of the words you invent has a corresponding word in another language that is translated completely different from how you put it into your language.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
More
4 years 11 months ago #337362 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic My belief system

Alethea Thompson wrote:

Lenny C wrote: I even found in early Israel and some Arab states had believers in the Farr, which literally translates to the force..

This right here is kind of annoying.

But why is it annoying that someone believes something different to you, for reasons you disagree with, and especially considering they might define the Force differently to you?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi