The Force: Mystical and Scientific?

More
5 years 17 hours ago #336519 by Gisteron

TvonEisan wrote: I think this is a topic better discussed in person.

Why? I for one find that this is a topic better discussed in writing, since it leaves all participants time to look things up. I cannot think of one reason more immediate, let alone voiced discussion can be more productive. More swift, sure, but by no means more informative. Maybe I'm overlooking something, though...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 hours ago #336535 by
I for one am better at talking than I am writting. On top of that, time to look atuff up is erelevent ecaise in that can be done no matter what, voice or writting.

Also I have wanted to start a podcast again for some time and this would be a good first topic for a more serious type of podcast.

More
5 years 5 hours ago #336558 by Gisteron

TvonEisan wrote: ... time to look atuff [sic] up is erelevent [sic] ecaise [sic] in that can be done [sic] no matter what, voice or writting. [sic]

Sure, if your listeners don't mind the dead air while either yourself or your podcast partner are reading through what ever resources you link each other on topics as heavy as this. As someone who has listened to a few podcasts, I reckon I would get bored rather quickly if the hosts didn't speak, but then what do I know, maybe most people do enjoy the silence.

Also I have wanted to start a podcast again for some time and this would be a good first topic for a more serious type of podcast.

Best of luck!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 hours ago #336559 by
It depends on how much we can read before hand hand how fast we can read.

But it is possible .

And thanks

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 hours ago #336569 by

TvonEisan wrote: I have, however written some general articles about theories I have came up with about such topics. I am not finnished with the while set but in conclusion, I will say that "Gods, magic, demons, angels, the soul, and 'physical consciousness' all exist, but the energy I will refer to as The Force is what it all comes from and is where the universe and everything began. (I.e. The Force caused the Big Bang to occure and everytbing happen the calculated way it did)

I for one would love to see such articles. I agree with Gist though that they should be published ahead of time here in text before any podcast should be undertaken to discuss them. Claims such as you are making here are extraordinary and require detailed explanation and proofs much more than I think a podcast could provide.

TvonEisan wrote: I will read replys and answer stuff later but I can answer right now that had everything from the big bang traveled even something like .01 kilometers faster, nothing could form and if it had been slower, gravity would pull everything back in.

Are you making an argument for a fine tuned universe here?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 hours ago #336572 by
Well you are probably right but this topic is brouder than just talking about creation, and that is the topics that would and could be talkiled about in a podcast.

And yes I am. Not in a "God created heaven and the earth" kind of way. More of a " I added a 1 to the equation to make it work." Kind of way

More
5 years 2 hours ago - 5 years 2 hours ago #336575 by Gisteron

TvonEisan wrote: And yes I am [talking about a fine tuning argument here]. Not in a "God created heaven and the earth" kind of way. More of a " I added a 1 to the equation to make it work." Kind of way

Except... there isn't an equation, much less one that didn't "work", at least none that you pointed toward here. And I'm not sure what you are adding or trying to add anyway. It's not that you actually got to a point, I don't think... You just said what you think would be if things had been some other way, with neither a reason as to why you think so nor what follows if the assertion were to be granted.

Last edit: 5 years 2 hours ago by Gisteron.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 hours ago #336576 by
It was an example of how I ment it not literal statements written in quotations. Some of the only evedince I have for this are equations by astrophysicists that put some different numerical findings together to make a theory. Like I said I dont have the citation rn because I havent had the time to look for it and I have to pay for the episode of "Through The Wormhole" to just get the names of scientists and other things. This is another reason I said that the specific topic of creation isnt the best topic for this rn nore a podcast but the rest is because it at least is easier to find in what time I do have. Its a coincadince that this happems to be brought up on the busiest weeks for me. ALSO that I is why I said we could do the podcast Friday because it is the ONLY day I am free for the most part.

And now please, if anyone wants to do it, then get Discord and message me on here your usernames or whatever it uses. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 hours ago #336577 by
You can always join the TotJO Discord through the Chat link above. :) Or, if you already have, you may wanna announce yourself there so we know who you are.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 hours ago #336578 by
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
I'll have to do it after work.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi