Discussing ideas, not people

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336503 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Discussing ideas, not people
You appear to have forgotten the claims you made in this very thread.

And you add more. As I said, if you wanted to contact the council you could have done so via pm. Instead you make a baseless accusation that the PM would be ignored. You havent tried. You will never know.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336504 by
Replied by on topic Discussing ideas, not people

Zenith Felwood wrote: Both of u are out of line I wish I could close this thread. Pointless arguments.

Zenith, I'm going to respectfully ask that you stop right there. This is not chaos, far from it. Drama, maybe, but they'll sort it out.
You have the interest of the community at heart, and that's commendable, but I think your concern is misplaced, and at risk of sounding condescending, you're out of your depth.
As has been pointed out, they are figures of some authority here, and you are not a moderator. It is increasingly inappropriate for you to make demands of them in this manner.
If you think there is a problem with their conduct, file a complaint.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #336505 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Discussing ideas, not people
I didn't say it would be ignored, I said I didn't want to risk it being ignored. They are different things.....

But yea I clarified my post just now. You've subsequently said it needed to be motioned and 2nd by Councillors, yet you don't post it in Council for that to happen..... so you also say you don't post it in Council because you didn't get it in a PM. Despite seeing the request and replying to it in the q thread. So, as I said, the reason I posted it there was because it was already being discussed by Councillors there, more then one, as a course of action. I was just piping in my agreeance by way of doing my job of providing evidence.

As it stands another course of action has been determined on this matter so I'm not sure why you bought it up anyway.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by Adder.

• ren
    Registered
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336506 by ren
File a complaint to moderator Adder or council secretary Ren :laugh:

Seriously we got some seriously old laundry out here getting mixed up with the newer stuff. Nothing to worry about.

• ren
    Registered
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336507 by ren

As it stands another course of action has been determined on this matter so I'm not sure why you bought it up anyway.

You brought it up. I corrected you and it escalated into more stuff that I corrected. Although you don't see it that way.

Point is, don't discuss me. What you think you know about me, you are wrong about.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336510 by Adder

ren wrote:

You brought it up. I corrected you and it escalated into more stuff that I corrected. Although you don't see it that way.

Point is, don't discuss me. What you think you know about me, you are wrong about.

Yea I see where the dirty laundry might be. Relax, I don't think anything about you at all mate. What I was referring to you bringing up was the discussion about what happened in the q thread about requesting a ban. You seemed to bring it up because I defended myself when you blamed me for being biased and abusing my mod powers. Quite an accusation, you should post your evidence in Council and do something about that abuse. I would.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.

• ren
    Registered
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336513 by ren
I never said abuse.

I said biased. When two people act up and one gets a dozen reports and the other gets nothing it is bias.

You brought up my support of kyrin has to do with Zenchi. It does not. It has to do with fighting bias. Nor does the current mod situation have anything to do with me. Nor does the council do whatever I want.

Read again what you posted starting at https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/122337-discussing-ideas-not-people?start=130#336467 and your subsequent reply to tellahane.

Where did that even come from. Why would you start discussing me in a thread where I havent discussed you, and the topic is 'discussing ideas not people'.
What did you get out of it?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #336514 by Adder

ren wrote: I never said abuse.

I said biased. When two people act up and one gets a dozen reports and the other gets nothing it is bias.

You brought up my support of kyrin has to do with Zenchi. It does not. It has to do with fighting bias. Nor does the current mod situation have anything to do with me. Nor does the council do whatever I want.

Read again what you posted starting at https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/122337-discussing-ideas-not-people?start=130#336467 and your subsequent reply to tellahane.

Where did that even come from. Why would you start discussing me in a thread where I havent discussed you, and the topic is 'discussing ideas not people'.
What did you get out of it?

Because Kyrin (and seemingly you) have indicated it was a conspiracy of sorts against her. My explanation of the timeline from my seat just happens to include the main players which you included yourself into. I did that post because someone mentioned a fracture between us, and Kyrin replied with her point of view so I replied with mine.

A person only get's a q thread if they make a serious breach of the rules but still remain, or if they make enough repeated breaches of the rules without changing course. Not everyone gets a q thread and any Mod or Councillor can make a q thread. There is a subjective element in the creation of a q thread in that later example. Once a q thread is made it becomes (by meaning of its existence) a point of focus for mods and Security Officers to pay closer attention..... they are questionable because their intent is being assessed. This means they will have a higher level of attention on them, not because of who they might 'be'', but because their actions have warranted a q thread about them. Simple as that AFAIK. Kyrin has by her own words indicated she is being unfairly targeted and you've seemingly supported that. I didn't make the q thread about her, and I didn't post any reports about her in it for nearly a year after its creation! I'm not sure where my bias is TBH, as mentioned I look at causative agents as incurring more responsibility.... so when it comes to borderline breaches which are adding up and having a bad impact on the forum, the impacts of the causative agent gets much more attention then the effects it creates. I don't call that bias myself.

Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by Adder.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336521 by Zenith Felwood

Zenith, I'm going to respectfully ask that you stop right there. This is not chaos, far from it. Drama, maybe, but they'll sort it out.
You have the interest of the community at heart, and that's commendable, but I think your concern is misplaced, and at risk of sounding condescending, you're out of your depth.
As has been pointed out, they are figures of some authority here, and you are not a moderator. It is increasingly inappropriate for you to make demands of them in this manner.

I will respectfully agree to disagree. "16. Jedi make a commitment to their cause and to humanity. Our ideals, philosophies, and practices define the belief of Jediism and we take action on this path for self-improvement and to help others. We are both the witnesses and protectors of the Jedi way by the practice of our convictions."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #336522 by
Replied by on topic Discussing ideas, not people

Zenith Felwood wrote:

I will respectfully agree to disagree. "16. Jedi make a commitment to their cause and to humanity. Our ideals, philosophies, and practices define the belief of Jediism and we take action on this path for self-improvement and to help others. We are both the witnesses and protectors of the Jedi way by the practice of our convictions."

None of the teachings direct us, however, to police each other in the manner you're attempting, by any stretch of interpretation. The 7th Teaching reminds us that we should respect the right of others to disagree, and remember that they are not perfect.

There is an order and a system in place here, but if you think you know better, have it your way, and may The Force guide you.
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by . Reason: better articulation

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi