The most amazing thing!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335226 by
Replied by on topic The most amazing thing!!

Kira wrote:
So what I'm hearing is, "release attachment to the past and the future, immerse yourself in the present." Is that correct?

On no, not at all. From the past we gain experience and wisdom, from the future we gain desire and urgency. I say use these! Fill the past with productivity and harness the future to drive your goals. In these ways use both to your best advantage in the now.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335228 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The most amazing thing!!
Maybe this should have been a Journal post :D What are we discussing again?

I ask because I note the thread was originally posted in the Introductions area, but was not an introduction obviously... and so I moved it to Open Discussions early on in its progression.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Satelle

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335229 by

Adder wrote: What are we discussing again?

What do you feel we are discussing? Its 4 pages now so obviously something is being discussed, right?

More
5 years 1 month ago #335230 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The most amazing thing!!

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

What do you feel we are discussing? Its 4 pages now so obviously something is being discussed, right?

By the looks of it no thing is being discussed, rather things are being discussed..... so I was both affording you the opportunity to clarify (as the thread starter) and also flag the location if you had indeed intended it as a journal post.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335232 by

Adder wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

By the looks of it no thing is being discussed, rather things are being discussed..... so I was both affording you the opportunity to clarify (as the thread starter) and also flag the location if you had indeed intended it as a journal post.

No its not meant to be a journal post. The "thing" (actually singular) that is being discussed is self-improvement. The most amazing thing but also the most misunderstood thing.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335252 by Lykeios Little Raven
I like you, Kyrin. Your steadfast dedication to making the most noise around here is a lovely thing. And, I think, probably a necessary thing. "Introduce a little anarchy" and all that.

That being said, we're not all armchair philosophers. I'm doing what I can out in the real world to help change things. Yes, I could always be doing more. However, it's fun AND enriching to have this community in which to talk about things. To learn things. To have one place in this messy disaster of a world where I can focus on making myself better instead of worrying about which of my coworkers is about to have a mental breakdown from stress. It's nice to come here where I can be greeted by friends who will (more often than not) be willing to discuss the things I want to discuss. It's lovely to get new ideas on how to make it "to the next level" (not in terms of Jedi training, but just in life and as a person in general).

I don't think there's anything wrong with pursuing self-betterment first with the ultimate goal of bettering the world in the process. And yes, I may die tomorrow, but I will pay the ferryman his coin with a straight back and a head held high knowing I've done something to better the world. I've been a kind person. An uplifting person (wherever possible). I encouraged others to live their life in a way that will change the world and done what I can to change it myself. I lived as I was raised (except religiously) and honored my parents however I could. If I die tomorrow I will walk onto those gray fields and drink from the Lethe with as little lament as possible. And if I don't die tomorrow, I will continue to strive, knowing my work is never done. Can you say the same?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335255 by

Lykeios wrote: ...I'm doing what I can out in the real world to help change things...

...However, it's fun AND enriching to have this community in which to talk about things...

...I don't think there's anything wrong with pursuing self-betterment first with the ultimate goal of bettering the world in the process. And yes, I may die tomorrow, but I will pay the ferryman his coin with a straight back and a head held high knowing I've done something to better the world...

...And if I don't die tomorrow, I will continue to strive, knowing my work is never done. Can you say the same?

I think these are outstanding sentiments. Balance in all things right? But balance does not mean we cant also experience the extremes. If we can live our lives in such a way that we have no regrets when its done that is the goal I think. And yes I can say that I strive every day to live this way.

More
5 years 1 month ago #335257 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic The most amazing thing!!

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Lykeios wrote: And yes I can say that I strive every day to live this way.

But how? what do you do that makes you feel this way about your life? What makes you feel accomplished? Fulfilled?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335259 by

Manu wrote: But how? what do you do that makes you feel this way about your life? What makes you feel accomplished? Fulfilled?

By not waiting for some condition or trigger or event to keep me from doing the things I want to do in life today.

More
5 years 1 month ago #335262 by Lykeios Little Raven

Manu wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Lykeios wrote: And yes I can say that I strive every day to live this way.

But how? what do you do that makes you feel this way about your life? What makes you feel accomplished? Fulfilled?

Not sure if this was meant for me or Kyrin. So I'll answer as well.

Well, I strive to be my best, most authentic self every day. I help others. I keep a positive attitude (whenever it's mentally possible for me). I work to improve peoples' lives instead of detract from them. I enrich myself with learning and music and being selective (somewhat) about the media I "consume." There are many things. I'm only just now getting to the point, however, where I think about actively behaving as a Jedi, I've always struggled with that. So, work in progress. And of course, I don't always feel successful or accomplished or fulfilled. It's a day-by-day thing. I'd rather be an every day "hero" than some big huge Superman.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi