How do you take your cup?

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332699 by Carlos.Martinez3
Hi all - my hope is that this reaches as many as possible and that you know as you read this - I hope you find what it is you seek - truly - every heart deserves to find what it is they need or are seeking .
Now ....
My temple I have two questions for you -
How do you take your tea or coffe ? ( do you?)
I guess that’s one.
Is there a ritual of some type some times ? Any ? Fav ? Not so fav? Good memories bad memories? What does that warm cup you fill hold truly for you? I’m curious. One day I woke up and my love asked for eggs boiled to perfection served soft boiled and it occurred to me - I don’t know how long she takes her eggs soft boiled... now I will never forget. Here - I wonder how and why we all have a cup of coffe or tea - what traditions do y’all ya e being from all around and all types of backgrounds? What do we share ? What can we share - I know if you go get a cup right now you will share a cup with me in my home as I write this.
So,
I was in the US Coast Gurard when it happened. I was in the middle of the gulf coast doing some search pattern routine when we had coffe served for the ship. CGC Dauntless. ( way back in 98-98) they had instant coffe - frozen dryied and dehydrated with powdered creamer and sugar packs. Needless to say I jacked up a good moment for coffe that day - I made it all wrong - too much - left a taste in my mouth that just - eww for instant coffe.
Fast forward to later Carlos in Iraq as a army nurse a days without rest and a shower and food ... here comes a crash cart not with stuff but ... coffee. Cups packets crystals powered nothingness on a trolly. Ehh I had a cup. Still messed it up . Still said yuck.
I’ve had Starbucks and other American places like that. I’ve had a cup of Greenbeans coffee I’ve even had it in Mexico Canada Australia and around the globe. Coffee is coffe but it spreads so much tradition and time.
Now - today - I buy ... instant coffee - yea- as a reminder - I’ve had worse cups. Don’t get me wrong -I got real cream- nice and thick for creamer and sweet and low for my two packet promise. I shoot two spoons of French vanilla in there every now and then when I feel - potterish and wizard like...

So - how and why do you fill or don’t fill your cup as so?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex, For-Emris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332702 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic How do you take your cup?
There is a line somewhere in the Sharpe stories, I believe it is said by a french commander...

Someone (probably sharpe) goes into his tent, and he is eating soup with breakfast, and he asks "Why do you eat soup with breakfast?"
the commander replies
"I eat soup with every meal, because I remember when I had no soup"

I live for the cups of international roast with powdered creamer, because I remember when they were all I had, and I remember before that when I had nothing.

(before THAT I had everything, I was born to fine things and my parents spared no expense, but there was a bit in the middle, due to my own life decisions, where I was hungry.)

Today's cup will taste like arguments with my wife (Weak coffee, real sugar, milk)
Tomorrow's cup will taste like Saturday mornings with Dad. (Strong coffee, substitute sugar, cream)

(My morning cups are all instant, because who the hell can be bothered going to a cafe? my second coffees are generally from the shop, and taste like conquest, as they are generally brought to me by scurrying minions)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
5 years 3 months ago #332711 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic How do you take your cup?
I used to be a big coffee drinker: espresso and chemex sort of snob. It was just because I both liked the taste and caffeine.
Nowadays, I like my green tea (neat most often) because I've tried to cut my caffeine down but still enjoy a cup of something delicious

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 3 months ago #332712 by Carlos.Martinez3

Rex wrote: I used to be a big coffee drinker: espresso and chemex sort of snob. It was just because I both liked the taste and caffeine.
Nowadays, I like my green tea (neat most often) because I've tried to cut my caffeine down but still enjoy a cup of something delicious

I’m a green tea liker. Ill step it any day with gummy and a bit of sweetener... I even go far as to have some powdered Arizona tea handy almost always. They have it in one serve 16 oz lil packets now a days.
Thanks James and Rex! Love the soup story ! Thank you for sharing .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 3 months ago #332713 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic How do you take your cup?
French press, light roast. 50% coffee, 50% 1% milk, 4 sweet & lows.

I usually have around 3-4 cups a day, I am trying to cut back though.

I prefer light roasts because the caffeine content is roughly the same as dark, it just has more flavour as far as I'm concerned. My coffee consumption started with my grandparents giving me the bottom of the pot when I was younger eventually evolving into a controlling measure when I become stressed. The more coffee, the more stressed I usually am. Yes, I am aware that too much coffee is stressful itself, but what I mean is that during audits, heavy workloads, tight deadlines, I consume more.

Overall, the controlling measure is that I am forced to slowly make the coffee, stir it, wait for it to cool, and then drink the cup. It's at least five minutes of silence and focus on nothing but the cup, a form of meditation if you will.

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332714 by
Replied by on topic How do you take your cup?
Light Roast latte made with whole milk. Sometimes vanilla. Sometimes w/2-3 splendas.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332715 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic How do you take your cup?

4 sweet & lows.

That can't be good for you.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332716 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic How do you take your cup?
Nothing is good for you, but without a dental plan or medical plan I'll take cancer in 40 years over dental extractions this year! I prefer my coffee sweet, but with the amount I drink, this is the lesser of three evils.

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Nakis.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332724 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic How do you take your cup?
Coffee-half of a creamer cup and 3 packets sugar.

Tea-Green Matcha wil a little honey for sweetness......

Caffine wake up needed- Sugar sludge chemical mix sold in sores pick your brand lol or sugar free death sludge also pick your can....

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 3 months ago #332732 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic How do you take your cup?
Black coffee, strong, no sugar.
I started drinking it this way cause always forgetting to buy sugar but now wouldn't have it any other way.
The smell of fresh coffee I love but usually just buy instant.

Everything is belief

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi