[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332377 by
Replied by on topic 100 Days of Discipline 2019

Shieldmaiden WinterDragon wrote: Does it matter what we choose for the 100 days of discipline?

It's up to you to decide on your discipline. The purpose is basically to have a team, to hold you accountable. Whether you complete your task for the day or not, is up to you. The team is your motivation, so to speak.

More
5 years 2 months ago #332386 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic 100 Days of Discipline 2019
I might be finagled into making some sort of leather huzzah token for those completing the 100 days

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Zero

More
5 years 2 months ago #332391 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic 100 Days of Discipline 2019
If your up for it shieldmaiden winterdragon....c team needs ya

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

More
5 years 2 months ago #332409 by Satelle
Replied by Satelle on topic 100 Days of Discipline 2019
Team B GO!

I wanted to share a recent 90 day sprint I did similar to this effort we soon embark on.

I recently did a 90 day challenge (Sept-Oct-November) and focused almost entirely on two things: a technical certification and Force Academy Dark Aspect training development. These were two things that had been lingering on my todo list for some time, and kept being put off because they were both Large Effort, and the energy was heavy on the mental and attention areas. However, both were important to me, so after the summer's social things were done, I shoved everything aside and did nothing but these two things.

By this I mean all other hobbies and activities went dormant for 90 days straight, and I got into the mindset that I was not sitting down to do anything but these two things. Work remained, but when I got home from work, it was make food, sit down, and work. On weekends, it was nothing but these two things. No work around the house (other than basic cleaning so I did not descend into squalor), no social things, no other things. After 30 days, friends began texting me to see if anything was wrong. This was in addition to a job at 40 hours a week plus 2 hours commute each weekday.

I closely timed my time on the certification, but not the DA work. The certification alone came to:
September (starting the 8th): 25 hours 15 minutes
October: 49 hours 30 minutes
November: 58 hours 30 minutes
TOTAL: 132 hours 45 minutes

The outcome? By the end of the 90 days, I was mentally looking forward to working on either of the two activities, and it was actually difficult to shift back to thinking about everything else. Habits were ingrained, and I have ended up re-prioritizing other things, as the time away put their true importance into sharp relief. I also vowed to spend at least two months of the year doing shorter 30 day sprints, focusing on one thing during the month. I think November and April, for my life, work well and capture some activities that might need to be done in warmer weather.

So what I hope to see with this 100 days is a new habit that empowers me to other goals. My challenge activity will be to do at least 10 minutes a day on my rowing machine, though I will be taking two days a week as rest days (because this is wise). I expect to advance this goal as the 100 days progress and start doing 30 minutes or 1 hour sessions. This will vastly improve my endurance, and by the end of this challenge, I will rejoin a high intensity gym.

I also hope to see everyone keeping to their goals, because it can be done, and you can begin to look forward to your challenge as an integral part of your day, without effort or weariness.

Satelle
(she/her)

IP Journal: 2024 IP Journal
Degree Journal: Satelle's Degree Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Zero

More
5 years 2 months ago #332420 by Zero
Starting tommorrow.....there’s still time to join as long as you put your name in before midnight tommorrow the 15th of januarary...would love to have you join us.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332424 by
Replied by on topic 100 Days of Discipline 2019
I have a new training calendar that I'm starting. I would love to join.

More
5 years 2 months ago #332432 by Zero
C team jl......will be cool to have another knight on that team sence Thomas is on a loa. Thanks for joining us.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 2 months ago #332439 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic 100 Days of Discipline 2019
I'll throw my hat in, 100 days, 20 of each basic TaeKwonDo techniques, seperate from class times.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zero, Satelle

More
5 years 2 months ago #332443 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic 100 Days of Discipline 2019