Where can it be built?

More
5 years 3 months ago #330996 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Where can it be built?

In the end, its always a matter of money.

Ehhh...

It's a matter of priorities. I'm sure there are plenty of members here, who if they cared enough, could have a temple.
But no one really really really wants a temple.

Not as much as they want Red Dead Redemption 2, or a new phone, or new football boots, or chicken nuggets (or whatever it is people spend their time and money on)

According to this website: https://www.statista.com/chart/12386/the-most-common-new-years-resolutions-for-2018/

the most common "goal" for people to set for themselves - t3ied for first, with "save money" was "get more exercise"

I once set up a temporary gym, and invited 20 people to come for a workout, I'd even pay them $50.

4 people came.

Now maybe those other 16 had different goals, I really couldn't say.

Or maybe people are more about wishing for things than actually having them, even if they are offered on a silver platter (so to speak).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331022 by
Replied by on topic Where can it be built?
I feel it can help strengthen the Jedi community honesty especially the master apprentice relationship. It all really depends on how can said funds be obtained as I am trying to save and look up other ways to get funds. Basically seeing how other people get temples built

But a temple does not have to tower over others as it can be a chapel basically. Some place where Jedi can gather. I understand some want it and some are indifferent and some would like it but think it isn't likely to happen or can't happen

It's definitely possible, it's just a matter of how it can be done. :)

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #331027 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: The UK is a horrible place for a temple. It's cold and rainy and on an island that is not very accessible. This very serious decision should not be made according to the local Jedi population that is largest. This sort of pure democracy simply will not work. We need to build a representative committee from all the pockets of population and bring them together into a fair and honest forum in which to debate this issue. Once that is done a vote should be taken.

I shall take the lead in this important endeavour and form the first jedi state of my area. Any in the central US will form with me and I nominate myself for representative. Once elected I will travel to a place yet to be chosen to represent my people.

As I'm not allowed to mention names so I will use generic ones.

[Insert name here] I expect you will be interested in heading up the forming of the other committee reps so that we may form a quarum in resolving this first step in important business. Am I correct in this assumption?

This was so funny that I wanted jump in just to keep the joke alive but i know that you know that i know that im too lazy to even joke about any sort of responsibility so we know you didnt mean me anyway. But i know the person that you did mean and i know that person doesnt know what what we know so i know i need to let them know so that they know that im not in their way. They didnt know, but now they know. So theyre “in the know”, now, if you know what i mean. Im glad i could clear that up.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
5 years 3 months ago #331028 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Where can it be built?
This is a subject that seems to happen at least once a year. I probably should just shut up and not say anything because it always gets hurt feelings and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but maybe it's not necessary that you need to build one perhaps maybe you could rent a spot once a week from in an already established facility?

I've been in very strong discussions with a local church about borrowing your building for a couple hours each month because they don't want it every week and I figured once a month would be good. One day only asked for $200 month and that's really not asking her very much I've gotten offers that have been between 5 to 1000 dollars a piece. But I also understand wanting to have the temple for our own place of worship and or fellowship.

But it always ends up boiling to the point and that's one thing money.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
5 years 3 months ago #331030 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Where can it be built?
If we have a space station, I'll carpool

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, OB1Shinobi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #331031 by
Definitely. I had thought at least for the first time, a church or synagogue or temple not in use can also be converted. Something that is abandoned or no longer used. I'd figure that would likely be the cheapest way as aside from not only finding a place but building it from scratch and perhaps with enough recognition one can be built from scratch

But if there is a holy building not in use, I figured it should be of use. I always dislike seeing buildings not be of some use. Although it doesn't even necessarily have to be a holy building but it would help due to layout and space.

And hopefully in the temple we can do this ^_^ Or at least hoping there can be enough space for training sessions after sermons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv2aPXy8h6s
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331040 by

Rex wrote: If we have a space station, I'll carpool

This seems like the most viable proposition. As first sovereign of the great jedi state of the central United States I'm seconding this proposition. This is logical because the jedi sanctuary will not be a part or any nation but instead an international endeavour.

I am also appointing ob1shinobi as my number one in this new great jedi state. We have formed and will forward these proceedings as necessary. Members of this jedi state may make themselves known as needed for their voices to be heard. Praises come to me and complaints go to my number one.

Rest assured my constituants, we will make this jedi temple space station a sacred place! So say we all!!

More
5 years 3 months ago #331043 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?
Everything i know about explanations is a lie :laugh:

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331044 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Everything i know about explanations is a lie :laugh:

You are humble beyond your years. I have chosen well.

More
5 years 3 months ago #331052 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Where can it be built?
Given how huge most real estate properties are in the US (anywhere except NY and CA), it would seem highly feasible for any home-owning Jedi to open up their house to periodic “Jedi business”. So basically Jedi lodges instead of full blown temples.

Kyrin, you should have picked me as number one. You are on my list. :angry:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi